1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

You Can't fix stupidity

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Greybeard, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Jul 17, 2019 at 7:05 PM
    Bushwacker452

Bushwacker452 New Member

Member:
    Not sure what this has to do with Tundra.
    Here goes, perhaps the sheetrock guys did not place their holes on the stud. CODE. Or no one communicated with the electrician. That is generally the General contractors job.
    Communication is the key to success!

2. Jul 17, 2019 at 7:55 PM
    TomC843

TomC843 The wheel weaves as the wheel wills.

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    16, 4X4, 4U3, Katzkins, Flowmaster, ARE MX, Swing cases, TRD skid plate, Volant CAI....
    I have demanded on the last 3 homes I bought and sold that if one dollar of my closing cost went to American Home Shield that I would not sign the contract. The last realtor thought I was kidding when I read over the fine print and started to back out the deal the realtor said it was standard for seller to provide home warranty, I said fine just with a different company, he said the AHS was the only choice through them because they had deals with them. When I said cancel the whole f-ing deal (439k sale) the realtor agreed the cover the cost, if I wasn't getting stink eyes from the wife at the time I wouldn't have even agreed to that. It had been over 20+ plus years since I worked at a HVAC company that did AHS work and I still feel dirty. You talk about the cheapest lowest bid guys and materials, also encouraged by AHS to up sale you on every thing to cover dog shit labor rates they pay. AHS gets you in the door to rip home owner off. I have seen upsale on "non-covered" items come out more than if you had called repair man yourself and paid yourself.

Bigboitundra likes this.
  3. Jul 17, 2019 at 8:16 PM
    Alloutdrs1

Alloutdrs1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Andrew
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    17' Tundra SR5, 12' Tacoma TRD offroad
    I have buddy's who got burned from AHS as well. Seems to me these days a "warranty" on anything is a PITA when you actually need to make a claim on it even from the best of companies.

War Machine and Moon Puppy like this.
  4. Jul 17, 2019 at 8:23 PM
    TomC843

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    16, 4X4, 4U3, Katzkins, Flowmaster, ARE MX, Swing cases, TRD skid plate, Volant CAI....
    I know I am lucky that I can fix my own HVAC and Lowes made everyone passable plumbers and electricians so I have no need for a home warranty, I know a lot of people get piece of mind having it, but at least with AHS I feel the drawbacks out weigh the any good you might (doubtful) get.

5. Jul 17, 2019 at 9:02 PM
    kp9560

kp9560 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tundra access cab SR5
    none
    probably the silliest rreason of all, the blueprints were followed well by one and poorly by another.

6. Jul 17, 2019 at 9:14 PM
    kp9560

kp9560 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tundra access cab SR5
    none
    bought to have the same issue with sears home warranty. impossible to cancel, finally seems to pay, A/C problems today and made first claim. get message it is assigned to 'E... A.C.' and a phone number with note they have 24 hours to call me or I can call them. i call and they tell me they never signed up with sears. little pissed now. would use the original installer but paid 700 for whole house humidifier and they wired it with an orange extension cable to a light in my attic. owner said the cord had bad ends and it was just fine for the humidifier.

7. Jul 18, 2019 at 10:00 AM
    polox40

polox40 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 DC Limited
    LineX Toyota black running boards
    There is a easy fix for this, drill a hole with your hole saw into a piece of plywood then use this to guide your hole saw, we do this all the time when using dry core bits into concrete block.

8. Jul 19, 2019 at 5:29 AM
    TomC843

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    Any update on what they said the reason was?

Products Discussed in

To Top