1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Who is your insurance co?

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by ausei, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Oct 26, 2016 at 11:06 AM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    Hey @WarEagleSteve @RowdyRon lemme ask you, my brother in law is a retired marine. I asked him but he didn't know, so lemme ask you guys. I know USAA is for the military and their families. After the flood, I saw how good they were, so would I,as a brother in law, be able to take advantage of their policies??
    Figured it couldn't hurt to ask

2. Oct 26, 2016 at 11:16 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    Thanks Steve-o!

SouthBoundSteve likes this.
  3. Oct 26, 2016 at 11:26 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Dang. Nope, my moms late father was in the navy. Wife's parents are idiots (I'll deny I ever said that LOL) Had I been able to pass recruitment I would've been able to get in. Oh well, sticking with GEICO then LOL

4. Oct 26, 2016 at 11:34 AM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    LOL oh man, if you knew my wife, you'd laugh at that comment!! She's a HUGE girly girl, can't take the slightest thought of pain, and much prefers the mental over physical exertion.

She freaked out because we were bathing our dog and a flea landed on her LOL, won't even step foot in the woods with me on a hunting trip (brought her on ONE and that was the last time) BUT I am making headway on getting her to take a CCP class. Just gotta get her to shoot a gun first, even bought her a Sig .22. She touched it the other day so....progress!! LOL

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  5. Oct 26, 2016 at 11:36 AM
    Fireace

Fireace New Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2018 Crewmax SR5 CM
    BAmuffler Pro Comp 6” lift ADD bumper Smittybilt 10k winch
    USAA is what I use for everything from banking to home/auto insurance. If you have at all been in the military I highly recommend them.

6. Oct 26, 2016 at 11:42 AM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    Nationwide is on my side.
    Now the jingle is stuck in y'alls head. You're welcome! :rofl:

NewImprovedRon and Law323 like this.
  7. Oct 26, 2016 at 11:44 AM
    louscrw

louscrw all jacked up on Mt. Dew

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Warner Robins, Ga
    Vehicle:
    2023 F150 Raptor
    Same here. ALL banking, credit cards, and insurance are through USAA. So, we talk to them on the phone about banking stuff from time to time. Their banking is awesome too! Super easy to deal with. In fact, was just on the phone with them today bc I made a mistake when ordering food online by selecting the restaurant that was further away than the one I meant to select. I immediately realized my mistake and called them. They cancelled my order and supposedly voided the charge. I called the closer restaurant and placed my order. Well, it's been a week, and the "voided" charge has changed from pending to posted. I called USAA, told them what happened, and they told me the $ will be back in my account in 3 days; no questions asked.

8. Oct 26, 2016 at 12:27 PM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    Now I'm hungry. Damn you!!! :rofl:

9. Oct 26, 2016 at 12:38 PM
    gdiep

gdiep I like cookies

Member:
    Syracuse, New York
    Vehicle:
    2014 Red Tundra CM SR5
    I have worked in the insurance industry for 20 years. USAA has always been highly rated. Most of the "mainstream" companies are pretty good. In a claim situation, it just depends on the person you are dealing with. As with everything in life, relationships are important. Pricing is a different story, I won't bore you all with how companies come up with pricing and why their strategies lead to wildly different pricing from company to company.

When people ask me "what company to go with", I always tell them the same thing: stick with a mainstream company and use an agent that knows what they are doing when they place your business. That means companies like "The General" that advertise at 2am should be avoided. And it also means that you need an agent that is competent and advises you correctly. I've seen too many people go with what they think is a good deal when in reality their policy doesn't cover what they expected and doesn't provide enough coverage.
    A lot of people don't think they need an agent because of the internet. That's like saying you don't need to see a doctor because of WebMD.

The company that I have...is irrelevant. The reason I am with that company is that several of my friends are adjusters and managers at that company. So if I have a claim, I know that I will be taken care of. Relationships.

NewImprovedRon and ColoradoTJ like this.
  10. Oct 26, 2016 at 12:41 PM
    louscrw

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Warner Robins, Ga
    Vehicle:
    2023 F150 Raptor
    Never been this lost before...

11. Oct 26, 2016 at 1:05 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    USAA for everything. Not the cheapest, but that is not what counts when you need it.

Progressive is pretty good.

American family was bad ass when I had them last.

12. Oct 26, 2016 at 1:36 PM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    I'll take one for the team. @Law323 , I'll adopt you as my son. You can get USAA now.

13. Oct 26, 2016 at 1:38 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Dad!!!

Hey! "Take one for the team"? I'm an awesome son!! LOL

14. Oct 26, 2016 at 1:39 PM
    FlashCulprit

FlashCulprit ColoradoTJ's whipping boy/Gino's illegitimate son.

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 Super White SR5 TRD 5.7 4x4
    I've used Geico for the longest time. However, they boned me pretty hard on moving rates. At one point I was paying $80 for full coverage. After I moved from Boston to Salt Lake they raised my payment to $257... Needless to say I fought hard with no progress.

Luckily I had a friend who works for Allstate; made the switch, never looked back. Full coverage again and for cheaper than $100... 1 fender bender in my work parking lot where I tapped my boss' bumper (don't judge, it was 5am and the coffee hadn't kicked in yet). No rate changes or anything! So far been satisfied.

15. Oct 26, 2016 at 1:41 PM
    ColoradoTJ

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Hell yeah you are. Bonus having a daughter in law as a doctor. May need those valuable skills the way insurance companies are going belly up.

16. Oct 26, 2016 at 1:48 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    You're not kidding! Unfortunately, I'm the physical med whiz, she's the mental whiz. Which, having me as her husband is probably a good idea.....LOL

17. Oct 26, 2016 at 1:48 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Keep talking, my dad can kick your dad's butt! LOL

18. Oct 26, 2016 at 1:58 PM
    trayday

trayday New Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 limited CM 5.7
    7" BDS, ADS front and rear, Total Chaos UCA's, CB tie rods
    American National is who I'm with. USAA was 5$ cheaper than Progressive and I bounced from them and Geico. My last car I was paying $282 with Progressive and switched to American National, same coverage dropped to $220. My truck I was paying $179 with American National, added my g/f and it dropped to $134 for the Tundra. I also have my home with American National. Everyone I know that switched has saved a large amount of money with the same coverage. I have yet to file a claim with my current, if i keep a clean record for 3 years, they're going to cut me a check for over $700. My brother works for an insurance company and he couldn't even match my payments and coverage.

19. Oct 26, 2016 at 2:23 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Thank God he isn't!! LOL I'd have money but no dignity!

20. Oct 26, 2016 at 2:27 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Like I said, she can exert herself mentally. God knows I drive her crazy!

Pisses her off every time she tells me how mad she is at me, I slip on her glasses and ask her "and how do you feel about that?"

Reverse psychology on a psychologist! Never fails!!

Explains my level of comfort in the doghouse.....hmmmm

21. Oct 26, 2016 at 2:28 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Sorry Ron!! You know I love ya!!

22. Oct 26, 2016 at 2:36 PM
    Law323

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Got that covered!! Kevlar vest!!

I may drive my wife crazy, but I was a Boy Scout! I'm prepared! LOL

23. Oct 26, 2016 at 8:43 PM
    rockjockey

rockjockey Per ardua ad astra!

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Spring, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Tundra TSS
    Am I the only guy who has Farmers Insurance? Don't know if the price is any better than the rest but have had great service during claims.

24. Oct 27, 2016 at 4:37 AM
    Jack Burton

Jack Burton New Member

Member:
    Little China
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC 5.7L TRD/OR
    Tires, Diamondback HD Tonneau w/ ATV Carrier
    USAA on truck, house, camp trailer, utility trailer and quad. I did notice that even though I pay USAA for everything, the quad is actually underwritten by Progressive. Zero issues for many years now.

25. Oct 27, 2016 at 6:37 AM
    louscrw

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Warner Robins, Ga
    Vehicle:
    2023 F150 Raptor
    That's weird. I have USAA for everything (as stated earlier), I got my boat policy through USAA, but it is underwritten by Progressive and that's who auto drafts my account. Looking at the bill, it is a progressive bill, buy has a USAA logo in the corner of the page. I wish I paid USAA, would be easier to just have the one payment.

26. Oct 27, 2016 at 6:41 AM
    Jack Burton

Jack Burton New Member

Member:
    Little China
    Vehicle:
    2013 DC 5.7L TRD/OR
    Tires, Diamondback HD Tonneau w/ ATV Carrier
    That is odd. USAA just debits my account for the one payment each month then they deal with paying Progressive. Might be worth a phone call to USAA to ask them about it.

27. Oct 27, 2016 at 6:43 AM
    gdiep

gdiep I like cookies

Member:
    Syracuse, New York
    Vehicle:
    2014 Red Tundra CM SR5
    Sometimes, companies have agreements with each other to underwrite and adjust certain lines of insurance. USAA probably does not have boat policies or the staff that knows how to adjust a boat claim. So they use Progressive to underwrite and adjust those claims. In this case, USAA acts like an insurance broker/agent for the boat policy.

If you buy a Geico home policy, it is most likely underwritten and adjusted by another company. Geico has Travelers underwriting a lot of their home policies.

Just how the industry works.

louscrw[QUOTED] likes this.
  28. Oct 27, 2016 at 6:53 AM
    louscrw

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    Warner Robins, Ga
    Vehicle:
    2023 F150 Raptor
    makes sense. Thank You

29. Oct 27, 2016 at 7:12 AM
    Benni

Benni New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited
    Had USAA for 4 years until recently when for no reason they jacked up my premium by 1/3. I had over those four years had two cracked windshield replacements, one on each of the two trucks. When I asked them for an explanation for the sudden rate increase, it was explained to me that it was because I live in a higher risk area of the country, odd they overlooked this during the previous 4 years in a county where the population is 150k & declining.

I went online back to my previous insurance company & got a quote for 1/2 the USAA quote at Progressive & actually got better coverage due to the fact I live in such a "low risk" area of the state in spite of USAA's claim that my rural lifestyle placed me within THEIR category of being a HIGHER RISK.

After I let the USAA policy expire, I started getting new quotes from the SOBs at USAA for the same exact premium I was now paying at Progressive. Moral of the story, don't allow their bullshit affinity to Veterans sway you to grandfather you into becoming a lifelong client.

It's a sham when USAA claims to be a friend of the Veteran, they decidedly are not & you don't want them for life when they deliberately lied to me on multiple occasions when I queried them for a reasonable explanation for the sudden rate increase.

30. Oct 27, 2016 at 7:38 AM
    TRD FreddieZ

TRD FreddieZ New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    Vehicle:
    2010 Sliver SR5 TRD Tundra
    I got Truck and House with DONEGAL. Awesome service, cheapest price around and get a discout with both.

Products Discussed in

To Top