1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Victory 4x4 Strike parking sensor fitment issue

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Yoder18, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Jul 15, 2020 at 3:09 PM
    timsp8

timsp8 Former Tundra owner for 13 years

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Crewmax - Traded In
    Here is mine from my FabFours bumper. This is the left side. The right went in easy but the left didn’t and the ring broke. I ordered one off Amazon which fit but the truck gave me an error. So I took the ring off the amazon one and put it in my oem one and now it works good. Anyway, my bumpers hole is oval.

E6476992-9C7C-48F3-B420-00D6DF2CD222.jpg

2. Jul 15, 2020 at 4:02 PM
    Yoder18

Yoder18 [OP] Veteran underwater basket weaver

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Front range Colorado
    Vehicle:
    18 tundra trd off-road
    •Toytec Radflo 3” with 1.5 shackles •+25mm icon rebound wheels matte black. •Prox15 tonneau/Softtopper •315/70r17 ridge grapplers •Wheelers front bumper stops •Spray in bed liner •Vleds floorwell leds front and back and interior led kit •Boss front bumper spacer •First choice fabrication welded sliders •8” ss dirty deeds exhaust •Tech12volts remote start with carlink •Vleds front turn signals leds •AFE pro dry s air filter •Baja xl sport amber fogs •Victory 4x4 strike bumper w hoop •Ajt designs chrome delete for vent rings and cup holder/gear shifter (black) •Wet okole seat covers •Husky floor liners •RCI skid plate and transmission skid •Jomax SpEed sensor guards •Rear diff breather location mod
    Do you mind sending me the link to the one you bought off of Amazon? The one I bought off of amazon is a perfect circle and nothing like my original. Glad your bumper holes came the way my factory ones look like! Looks like fabfours did their research well on that one

3. Jul 15, 2020 at 6:24 PM
    timsp8

timsp8 Former Tundra owner for 13 years

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited Crewmax - Traded In
  4. Jul 20, 2020 at 6:47 PM
    fisherman951

fisherman951 MT dreams

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 crewmax 4x4
    Krezz likes this.
  5. Jul 30, 2020 at 1:21 PM
    Yoder18

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Front range Colorado
    Vehicle:
    18 tundra trd off-road
    •Toytec Radflo 3” with 1.5 shackles •+25mm icon rebound wheels matte black. •Prox15 tonneau/Softtopper •315/70r17 ridge grapplers •Wheelers front bumper stops •Spray in bed liner •Vleds floorwell leds front and back and interior led kit •Boss front bumper spacer •First choice fabrication welded sliders •8” ss dirty deeds exhaust •Tech12volts remote start with carlink •Vleds front turn signals leds •AFE pro dry s air filter •Baja xl sport amber fogs •Victory 4x4 strike bumper w hoop •Ajt designs chrome delete for vent rings and cup holder/gear shifter (black) •Wet okole seat covers •Husky floor liners •RCI skid plate and transmission skid •Jomax SpEed sensor guards •Rear diff breather location mod
    Alright so here’s the update. Corey who has been working with me through email just emailed me and said they are making me a new bumper with bigger holes and getting it sent out ASAP. I had nothing to do w that and didn’t ask for it but top notch service by them! I couldn’t be more impressed w them being willing to do this. So as soon as the bumper comes in I’ll get it installed w hopefully the oem sensors and all will be well. I’ll keep this thread updated as soon as I know more.

GODZILLA likes this.
  6. Jul 30, 2020 at 1:26 PM
    wiretwister

wiretwister Sorta new guy

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '22 SR5 CM
    Dibs on the old, effed up bumper.

CaptainGrumpus and rockmup like this.
  7. Sep 3, 2020 at 8:08 PM
    betotundra

betotundra Toyota for Life

Member:
    Hello, I just found this thread.

First, It's been 5 weeks since you offered an update, nothing yet. Have you received the replacement yet?
    Second, I don't believe how did you put up with this BS form the vendor for so long, I would've returned them their defective ish and demanded for my money back.
    Third, I can't get how you're calling it "top notch service" and how is it that you are "impressed with them", when their first solution was for you to buy new sensors, definitely different standards and expectations than mine.
    Fourth, I hope you end up getting it resolved.

joonbug and Darkness like this.
  8. Sep 3, 2020 at 8:32 PM
    Inquiringone

Inquiringone -Blue N Blac- an a little chrome

Member:
    First Name:
    Ter
    NorCal 408
    Vehicle:
    U can take the guy out of the garage, But U can’t take the garage out of the guy
    Not many yet, mostly stock.
    I’d get out my file, or my die grinder and go after it. Had to do that in my old DV8 bumper. I made a small tinplate and used a sharpie and tape to go around the area I saw working on in case I slipped.
    good luck sir.

Yoder18[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  9. Sep 4, 2020 at 3:51 AM
    wiretwister

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '22 SR5 CM
    I really want one of their aluminum trans skids, but this company is the pits.
    Between constant quality control/fitment issues and cs issues, they have seemingly pissed off a lot of people.

CaptainGrumpus likes this.
  10. Sep 4, 2020 at 4:01 AM
    Zero One Actual

Zero One Actual Member among Members

Member:
    Contact @Truck Brigade and they can hook you up with a better one.

Truck Brigade likes this.
  11. Sep 4, 2020 at 4:22 AM
    CaptainGrumpus

CaptainGrumpus The Mailman

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Maine
    Vehicle:
    2018 Inferno Tundra TRD
    @RCIoffroad

12. Sep 4, 2020 at 4:34 AM
    Zero One Actual

Zero One Actual Member among Members

Member:
    Piki and Truck Brigade like this.
  13. Sep 4, 2020 at 6:53 AM
    Yoder18

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Front range Colorado
    Vehicle:
    18 tundra trd off-road
    1st I feel like a kid again getting in trouble by an adult because I don’t think like them. I work in the service industry. You can’t fault a whole company during a pandemic for not getting it right the first time. The guy I was working w clearly didn’t have a strong understanding of company policy because as soon as the head honcho Brian heard about it this issue was 100% resolved without me having to bitch at them. The bumper is top notch period. Their service at the time was crap because of one guy. I’m very capable and can easily file it down and do the fab work needed to get a simple parking sensor to fit. Not hard. I really don’t care what you think but I do appreciate you wanting to find out what has happened w the bumper. It’s in production and should be shipping any day now. As soon as the new one is on I will send them back the original bumper on the pallet it comes on. No issues there. Like I said, this was corrected without me losing my mind and I don’t lose sleep over it. I love the bumper, it’s perfect and I would do it again in a heart beat.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2020
    The Californian likes this.
  14. Sep 4, 2020 at 6:56 AM
    Yoder18

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Front range Colorado
    Vehicle:
    18 tundra trd off-road
    Ya I wanted theirs too but went w the rci and waited for more than 6 weeks and I live down the road from them in Colorado. Fitment wasn’t an issue at all w rci. I think the only difference really is steel thickness and the rci i believe is lighter so I went w that and to break up the build a little bit. I will be buying victory’s gas tank skid for sure though

15. Oct 26, 2020 at 7:06 PM
    Yoder18

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Front range Colorado
    Vehicle:
    18 tundra trd off-road
    Alright so here’s an update ppl. Got the new bumper in. When it arrived on the fedex truck it was bungeed to someone else’s big package and all the wrapping and pallet was gone so it was just floating around. It was scratched to hell and beat up pretty badly. I denied the bumper and sent Corey(victory employee that has been working w me on the bumper) an email w pictures stating what had happened and he said “Well, that's a bummer. We can probably recoat it then once it returns. Please send the pics when you get a chance.” I replied and said take it up w fedex for ruining the bumper and if they send that one back to me gashes and all I’d send it back again. No reply...then he sent an email asking if he could call and now it’s been over almost a month now with no phone call. So I retract my statement about being happy w their customer service and would definitely not recommend them as a service company. Others have had great success but I have had everything but that.

Zero One Actual likes this.
  16. Oct 26, 2020 at 7:31 PM
    wiretwister

Member:
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    '22 SR5 CM
    Good lord. This company has a death wish.

17. Oct 26, 2020 at 7:33 PM
    Yoder18

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Front range Colorado
    Vehicle:
    18 tundra trd off-road
    Ya it’s really too bad because the bumper is legit...now I’m just waiting to trash this one or for something to happen to it so I can buy the c4 hybrid or overland bumper...it’s a real shame

Zero One Actual likes this.
  18. Oct 27, 2020 at 12:17 AM
    Sumo91

Sumo91 Busy with projects

Member:
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM Tundra Platinum 4x4
    Bilstein 8112/8100 3.25in lift Dobinson leaf springs 2.1in lift Level8 MK6 wheels Big ole dent in bedside
    This thread has been no no no no no no yes yes no. In a nutshell.

Sorry about the bumper troubles man, really sucks, lots of lost time. But thank you for sharing your story and giving the great people of this forum your feedback, hopefully it'll help someone here make an informed decision whenever they research what bumper they'd like to purchase

GODZILLA and Tundra2 like this.
  19. Oct 27, 2020 at 12:23 AM
    fisherman951

fisherman951 MT dreams

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2017 crewmax 4x4
    Send it to me I don’t need the parking sensor holes I’ll weld them in.

GODZILLA likes this.
  20. Oct 27, 2020 at 1:44 AM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    This thread in a nutshell, represented visually.

[​IMG]

Zero One Actual and Tundra2 like this.
  21. Oct 27, 2020 at 3:21 AM
    Tundra2

Tundra2 Zoinked

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    '00 Tundra V8 SR5 '03 Corolla Virus
    Just found this thread. Really blows that all this yes/no back/forth has happened, and that head hoss Brian hasn't stepped in again.

Here is my suggestion for your new, scratched bumper. May want to make sure the sensor holes on the new one are in spec.

20201027_051800.jpg
    This is only if the fab shop/company doesn't want anything to do with helping correct this.

A full bumper could probably be done with two cans, but three would be better. Total cost for you would be your time, and $25.

Just my two cents.

22. Mar 30, 2021 at 7:13 PM
    irishpride114

irishpride114 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Vehicle:
    2015 SR5 TRD Double Cab

How did this end up getting resolved?

23. Mar 30, 2021 at 8:37 PM
    Yoder18

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Front range Colorado
    Vehicle:
    18 tundra trd off-road
    They fell off the face of the earth and didn’t deliver on their promise to make it right. If you can’t see it, it won’t hurt you kinda thing. 100% regret giving them my business. Would change in a heartbeat just to not rep their products but it is what it is at this point.

JimboSlice413 likes this.
  24. Mar 30, 2021 at 8:54 PM
    sbxx312

sbxx312 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra TRD Sport
    I think they came fast into the Tundra market and made a bunch of stuff they thought would work without any R&D. I wanted to support them as well, but all the product testing can't be on Brian's Tundra.

Cut from the tundras.com team, there are other better vendors for our stuff. I think they've figured that out as well.

Yoder18[OP] likes this.
  25. Mar 30, 2021 at 9:13 PM
    Yoder18

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Front range Colorado
    Vehicle:
    18 tundra trd off-road
    Couldn’t agree w you more! Saw their thread and was impressed by their customer interaction but dam did the bomb that one in the end

26. Mar 30, 2021 at 9:24 PM
    Mallcrl

Mallcrl New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anand
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    '21 DC SR5 SX
    Wait, so they got the 2nd bumper sent back to them via Fedex, presumably were reimbursed for it through the carrier's insurance; and then magically left you hanging and never sent a replacement bumper to you????

27. Mar 30, 2021 at 9:27 PM
    Yoder18

Member:
    First Name:
    Mitch
    Front range Colorado
    Vehicle:
    18 tundra trd off-road
    Exactly. I rejected the package, called and left the guy a message and email with pictures and reason as to why I sent it back. He said bummer, they will repaint it and send it back and then disappeared. Haven’t heard a single word from them since

28. Mar 30, 2021 at 9:36 PM
    JimboSlice413

JimboSlice413 Super Nice Guy

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Bakersfield
    Vehicle:
    2016 Limited 4x4, 2003 Sequoia
    Bilstein 5100/5160 Toyo at2 295/70r18 Ray10 GunMetal
    Wow. Scratch them off the accessories list

29. Mar 30, 2021 at 9:37 PM
    irishpride114

irishpride114 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Vehicle:
    2015 SR5 TRD Double Cab

Have you thought about doing a charge back? Based on your original post date; it hadn’t been a year yet.

30. Mar 30, 2021 at 9:37 PM
    irishpride114

irishpride114 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Vehicle:
    2015 SR5 TRD Double Cab
    And that sucks. Sorry to hear that.

Products Discussed in

To Top