1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Trac Control off + Tow Haul = BEAST MODE -> Confirmed

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by Nor7, Oct 28, 2016.

1. Dec 15, 2017 at 3:32 PM
    nowayout

nowayout New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    NY
    Vehicle:
    17 CM
    That first time gets all of us. Shit even now when I hit the button it gets me.

2. Dec 15, 2017 at 3:39 PM
    tye

tye New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tye
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Pro DC
    Diamondback cover, flowmaster exhaust, n-fab sliders
    Tow Haul matched with my flowmaster outlaw system in a tunnel/underpass = JOY

fuegoman, X09, aperezsh and 1 other person like this.
  3. Dec 15, 2017 at 3:42 PM
    Stulloh

Stulloh New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve
    Dallas
    Vehicle:
    18 Tundra TSS
    Ok I gotta try this

4. Dec 16, 2017 at 4:40 AM
    AlexWV

AlexWV Trophy Husband

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    WV
    Vehicle:
    2014 White SR5 TRD CrewMax
    ARE CX Series shell Rhino Rack cargo basket Leveling Kit 35x12.5 Thunderer TracGrip tires Rough Country 30" light bar
    I like to do it at stop lights and then I always punch it on green and then feel like a douchebag for it and let up haha

D4x4TRD and aperezsh like this.
  5. Dec 16, 2017 at 4:44 AM
    birdman076

birdman076 Bird, bird, bird...bird is the word

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck
    Montana
    Vehicle:
    2015 Brown Tundra Crew Max Limited
    Airbox with K&N Filter, 2" lift on 33's, Alpine iLX-F309 head unit, Pull out bed tool boxes, brown with black trim, rims, etc, black leather interior, matching topper. Muffler delete (too loud..) 62k miles!!!
    Now you know what Mustang drivers feel like. Let your feelings go, use the force...

GODZILLA, New2Tundra and Blackbetty like this.
  6. Dec 16, 2017 at 5:15 AM
    Diverguy

Diverguy Breathes under water

Member:
    First Name:
    Leon
    PA, USA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Limited TRD Offroad-Inferno
    Windows tinted, window visors. Bedrug, led bedlights, Nfab nerf step bars, Lund toneau cover, Evo One remote start, BAMufflers 8"
    I was amazed at the difference between my old '14 CM Limited and my '18 CM Limited in tow/haul mode. My '14 seemed to shift a bit different, but not much more. My '18 goes into beast mode and makes a huge difference from normal.
    I did have some fun in my '14 on my way to get new tires...hit a back road with a long straight away, and off I went. The smoke cloud behind me was unreal. The marks on the road were there for almost a year. The guy in the truck that came the other way was probably thinking "I should've bought a Tundra!" lol

757TUNDRA likes this.
  7. Dec 16, 2017 at 5:44 AM
    zlaneb

zlaneb New Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    I wonder - when you are running in Beast mode, with the nannies disabled, could an insurance company determine the 'state' of the truck if you end up in an accident? And more importantly could they refuse to pay?

8. Dec 22, 2017 at 8:40 AM
    Marty McFly

Marty McFly Nobody calls me chicken!! Except when off roading

Member:
    First Name:
    Morty McBoonJug
    McBoonJug = McDonald’s and Moonshine in a Jug
    Vehicle:
    2016 StormTrooper Tundra CrewMax TRD PRO
    Welp I decided to see what the hype was all about since the streets were empty this morning. Holy crap beast mode is for real, it snapped my neck back a little bit. I wasn't expecting it kick in so quickly lol

9. Dec 22, 2017 at 10:33 AM
    timebak

timebak New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black Tundra Limited
    Husky Mats, Trailer brake controller, Tonneau cover, other goodies coming soon.
    I tried this last night in my 2011 (which my wife has named "Sarge"). I could instantly feel a difference. Good Karma was with me, and when I finally got out on the 4-lane, at the only redlight where there's a good long distance before it goes back into 2 lanes, a guy pulled up beside me in a new black GMC. As usual, Sarge was dirty and spattered with mud from offroading into my hunting areas, and I've now got a SnugTop camper shell on it, so it looks like about anything but a performance truck. I was in the right lane, but the GMC was in the left lane, which is the lane to be in when it goes back to 2 lanes. The right lane forces you to turn right into the WalMart parking lot. Light changes green, I start accelerating to get in front of him to move into left lane. He mashes it down to block me. I put my foot into Sarge's ass and he jumps ahead like the GMC had just lost 4 cylinders. About a mile up the road, when I pulled off into a gas station, the GMC guy rolls by looking at Sarge like "What the HELL was THAT?" LOL! Life is good!

10. Dec 25, 2017 at 1:38 PM
    Randy1794

Randy1794 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Wentzville, MO
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 1794
    HOLY SH*T!! Tried this out today, I definitely was not expecting what I experienced. Wife was in the passenger seat, she got a little excited also;). I did feel like a jerk when it broke the rear tires loose in front of someones house

D4x4TRD and Stulloh like this.
  11. Jan 9, 2018 at 4:24 PM
    Abel Sneed

Abel Sneed New Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra TRD PRO
    ARE topper, Rhino Rack, Decked Box, Lock'er Down console safe, KO2's
    I stumbled on this thread last night and wanted badly to try it immediately but I'd already had a couple of beers.

So I set my alarm a little early so I could play around before work. I awoke to about an inch of fresh snow on the streets and Ho-Lee-Fuuuuu....... did I have fun drifting to work. Felt like a kid at Christmas.

There was no one on the streets and conditions were perfect, a little greasy but not too much. Probably the only time I've ever laughed and smiled the whole way in to work at 5:30 a.m. I thought about calling in sick so I could just drift around town all day.

I wish I'd known about this 3 years ago. So much fun.

12. Jan 10, 2018 at 11:19 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    The only downside to this is that your fuel light would come on at about 5:45 a.m. :annoyed:

13. Jan 17, 2018 at 8:36 PM
    Happybg81

Happybg81 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    William
    Vehicle:
    13’ Balcked Out Rock Warrior DC
    Switched backup camera, interior led’s, backflip g2, smoke led taillights, rhino liner, leveling kit, black powder coated rw wheel rings, weathertech mats, under seat storage, evo one remote start, flowmaster 50 series, S&B CAI, Focal 6x9 front doors, Rockford Fosgate 6.5” rear doors, JL Audio dash tweeters, Kicker hideaway under rear seat
    Did this today so me and the kids could play in the snow!

14. Jan 17, 2018 at 9:33 PM
    Beast037

Beast037 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Leeoohhh!!!
    Vehicle:
    2018 CM 4x4 5.7 black/black
    <~~~~ another A-hole that has just learned about this.

Now I'm in bed reading through all the posts and too excited to go to sleep. I know first thing in the morning will be me hitting and holding those buttons down and squealing out of the driveway, windows down, coffee in right hand out the window, tongue flapping in the cold (68degree) miami morning, screaming WOOOOOO-HOOOOOO!!!!!

I can afford 1 tank of gas.

Quick question for the first person to answer. I read on one of the first threads that the MPG went through the roof and he was averaging 24 mpg cause of this setting.

If this is the case, can i use this setting throughout the day, responsibly? I put on a ton of miles everyday and this feature would help.

86Scotty likes this.
  15. Jan 18, 2018 at 3:15 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    LOL.....no.

Joe and joonbug like this.
  16. Feb 12, 2018 at 10:21 PM
    JBSTOY

JBSTOY Was tired, so I woke up.

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Unknown Origen
    Vehicle:
    2008 Toyota Tundra SR5 4x4 5.7litres of goodness
    Bilstein 6112s Front Bilstein Rear Fuel Rims
    Yes they can tell. Refuse to pay. That I’m not sure of. I know someone who was involved with something. The first thing that happened is the truck was impounded. It was completely checked over. The black box gave all of the details. The truck’s systems were checked. It was extremely detailed. Insurance paid in this case. I’m not at liberty to give more details. Let’s just say everyone was well aware of the truck’s actions at time of the particular situation. This was also on a 5 year old truck.

17. Feb 24, 2018 at 10:49 PM
    Mountun Goat

Mountun Goat She baaaaaahd

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    EhBerta, Canadia
    Vehicle:
    It’s a Goat.
    Just tried beast mode on my way home from washing truck. Night and day! Anyone know if a custom computer tune could reverse the automatic set points so all nannies are off automatically? Then buttons could manually turn on instead of turning off. That would be rad

18. Feb 24, 2018 at 11:22 PM
    joonbug

joonbug °°°°°°°°°°

Member:
    First Name:
    Joon
    NorCal - Dublin
    Vehicle:
    2020 Long Travel DC
    I’ve got a mod where it shuts it all off at start up. Only downfall is the “Traction Control Off” stays on the display. @Sting Ray makes a similar one. Here ya go.
    https://www.tundras.com/threads/automatic-traction-control-disabler.20523/#post-479503

19. Feb 25, 2018 at 6:29 AM
    Mountun Goat

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    EhBerta, Canadia
    Vehicle:
    It’s a Goat.
    joonbug and Sting Ray like this.
  20. Feb 25, 2018 at 6:32 AM
    Sting Ray

Sting Ray New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2017 SR5 Crewmax
    Not enough space here...
    joonbug[QUOTED] and Mountun Goat like this.
  21. Feb 25, 2018 at 6:43 AM
    Mountun Goat

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    EhBerta, Canadia
    Vehicle:
    It’s a Goat.
  22. Feb 25, 2018 at 2:43 PM
    Coppell

Coppell New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Issaquah, WA
    Vehicle:
    2015 CM LTD TDR
    GTR ultra led headlights RCI skid plate Curtis front hitch and xcr winch Back country all terrain 10ply tires
    Tried beastmode for the first time today and scared the crap out of myself.......also shaved a few miles off the tires

Gtfour43, 757TUNDRA and Mountun Goat like this.
  23. Mar 19, 2018 at 9:02 PM
    Philly Tundra

Philly Tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tre
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited
    Debadged chrome Color matched side mirror door handles Swap chrome grill for color match platinum honeycomb
    I tried this on my 1 month old '18 limited crewmax few days ago. .WOW! I had the traction control on but was still very impressed!!!

24. Mar 19, 2018 at 9:17 PM
    tundraj

tundraj New Member

Member:
    Have enjoyed playing with the beast mode, it brings out the rest of the engine to play.

But I realized the 5.7 is simply a 350ci engine of my yout. The '73 Nova I learned to drive with had a 350ci 4bbl. It was a sleeper and oh so fun to drive. My parents didn't realize what it had under the hood when they bought it off the lot. Yeehaw.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Almighty_alex likes this.
  25. Mar 20, 2018 at 7:06 PM
    zlaneb

zlaneb New Member

Member:
    Austin, TX
    I learned to drive in a Nova too - but mine was a 250 HP. Not the same experience!

26. Mar 20, 2018 at 7:36 PM
    Philly Tundra

Philly Tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tre
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited
    Debadged chrome Color matched side mirror door handles Swap chrome grill for color match platinum honeycomb
    Has anyone gotten a 0-60 time with tow haul?

IIonPilgrimg likes this.
  27. Mar 20, 2018 at 7:53 PM
    tundraj

tundraj New Member

Member:
    Do tell. The 350ci 4BBL had 175hp@4000rpm. You must have had something extry special.

28. Mar 22, 2018 at 5:39 PM
    Bucks04

Bucks04 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Tundra
    Working on it
    this sight is great, I'm in trouble everyday now, wife says I'm spending too much time and money on truck ,and computer , just turned 63, had an old s-10 for daily driver , my wife and son convinced me to look for full size truck. I found this one in the back of a Nissan lot, got an excellent price, they convinced me to buy it, now I'm 18 again , looking at leveling it and bumpers and light bars, I'm hooked , actually tried the tow haul, VSP off , man what a ride , smoked a z71 , Man this is just fun again, who cares about gas mileage when it's so much fun to drive.

29. Mar 23, 2018 at 6:50 AM
    Smiley

Smiley New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    08 Tundra TRD
    I believe he was referring to the 250 straight six, my first car a 71' Nova had one.

tundraj[QUOTED] likes this.
  30. Mar 23, 2018 at 6:53 AM
    Trooper2

Trooper2 Premium Lone Star Member / SSEM #13

Member:
    First Name:
    JR
    Houston, TX (Suburban South)
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra 5.7 L Double Cab TRD 2WD
    TSS 20's with Cooper ATP ll's, N Fab 3 Step Nerf Bars,, Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX, Masters Tailgate Replacement Latch with Camera, 1" Maxtrac Shackles, LED Interiors/Brake/Reverse/Cargo/Fog Bulbs, Fumoto Drain Valve, Toyota Aluminium Oil Filter Housing, TRD Shift Knob, Courtesy Door Projector LEDs with Toyota Emblem, Console Tray and Lower Divider.

I hear you, spending lots of time on this site; learning about mods and the truck - it is a lot of fun. My wife asked me if I had a girlfriend on here. Lots of humor on here as well. Also on Amazon / ebay - shopping for all that cool stuff. We got our 07 Tundra as a 3rd vehicle for our new driver 16 yr son to drive. He doesn't know how good he has it IMHO, LOL. I am really jealous of him from when I was that age. I haven't and will not show him "Beast mode" LOL, actually installed the Pedal Commander to desensitize the accelerator, he doesn't know its there - thinks I merely adjusted it.....

Have fun smokin those Chevys, Fords, & Dodges......

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.

Products Discussed in

To Top