1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tipping is becoming a major pita

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by balou, Jan 19, 2017.

1. Jan 20, 2017 at 5:16 PM
    TNTundra08

TNTundra08 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Blake
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC 4x4
    3/1 lift. 20x9 Method standards, machine face. 305/55/20 nitto trail grapplers
    I stopped reading around page 3 but here's my answer.

I NEVER tip their little bucket, for what? Pressing buttons on a screen and ringing my order up, handing me my food. In my area at least, all "fast food" joints are making minimum wage, you ain't working hard, trust me, I've done it. Maybe im too harsh, dunno and don't care.

Servers on the other hand. I usually always tip 20% of service is bad and there's no reason to be bad (not busy or whatever) if I know you're just slacking you get 10%-15%. I went to a restaurant on Friday night with my girlfriend recently it was slammed, waiter was clearly hustling around never let our drinks get empty, our appetizers and food came out hot, he gave me fries instead of spaghetti but idc, it's slammed I know it gets hectic and stuff happens. I mentioned it to him and he said he'd bring me the right thing and I told him not to worry bc I love their fries and it's not worth the hassle, he apologized and we went on.

He ended up taking 10% off the bill for being slow, I insisted he didn't need to do that. It's Friday, you have to expect that but he did anyway. I calculated the 10% back in there and gave him 25% tip.

He was busting his ass, came by constantly to apologize for the wait (again, Friday night, it's going to happen) and for the mix up (again, again, Friday and crazy I understand).

Moral of the story, I tip people who DESERVE a tip. Like OP, I ain't tipping you bc you have a bucket out there.:lalala:

lightningtundra and csuviper like this.
  2. Jan 20, 2017 at 6:35 PM
    Nor7

Nor7 Chilton Manual Guy

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tundra Limited CM, 5.7L
    The OP is Mr. Pink.

Midnighttaco08 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top