1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

The Double Cab Thread

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by PermaFrostTRD, May 28, 2017.

1. May 29, 2017 at 12:34 PM
    040Tundra

040Tundra Teddy 2013-2019

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Las Vegas, NV
    Vehicle:
    040 '16 CM LTD 4x4
    A little of this and a little of that.
    Cause the CM is better.

2. May 29, 2017 at 12:36 PM
    dandailey

dandailey King Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan D
    Newport News Va.
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD 4x4 DC Tundra 5.7 Blue Ribbon
    Bakflip Revolver X2 ,Nestahedition Firestalk antenna, TRD dual exhaust, WeatherTech liners, in channel deflectors, 20% tint front, Tundra bed mat.AFE pro dry s filter,SA XDM 3.8 compact 9mm., Wheel to wheel N-Fab 3 steps.Lamin-X yellow on fogs, Bilstein 6112's top setting, BFG KO2's 275/70-18.Pioneer HU, JL RD amp, Focal speakers everywhere.
  3. May 29, 2017 at 12:38 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    True. If you're using it to haul large people or a family on trips. I only have one daughter and she's not a large person. Also when she brings friends they haven't complained of not enough room. If I had a large family, crew Max would've been the way to go for me.

4. May 29, 2017 at 12:38 PM
    mgh-pa

mgh-pa Perpetually a New Member.

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra DC SR5
    Let's face it. If Toyota offered a CM in a 6.5' bed, no one would be driving the current configuration CM, and most of us DC guys wouldn't be in a DC.

I personally like the looks of the CM better, but I don't haul people as much, and I like having a little more bed space. Toyota dropped the ball on this aspect imho.

5. May 29, 2017 at 12:38 PM
    gosolo

gosolo You Don’t Know Who I Am But I Know Where You Live

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    NW Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC Super Fine Super White Pro
    2"CB shackles, bushings and 1 shim, lockerdown console vault, rear folding seat back mod, snugtop shell with opening side windows, 46g fuel tank, SDHQ sliders and hidden winch, Decked Drawers, Alcan leaf springs and got rid of the interior chrome
    Yep those Crew Max trucks are pretty!
    (Pretty ugly and pretty likely to stay that way, lol)

6. May 29, 2017 at 12:43 PM
    dandailey

dandailey King Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan D
    Newport News Va.
    Vehicle:
    2015 TRD 4x4 DC Tundra 5.7 Blue Ribbon
    Bakflip Revolver X2 ,Nestahedition Firestalk antenna, TRD dual exhaust, WeatherTech liners, in channel deflectors, 20% tint front, Tundra bed mat.AFE pro dry s filter,SA XDM 3.8 compact 9mm., Wheel to wheel N-Fab 3 steps.Lamin-X yellow on fogs, Bilstein 6112's top setting, BFG KO2's 275/70-18.Pioneer HU, JL RD amp, Focal speakers everywhere.
    I'd only be in a DC. I haven't found 3 individuals that would complain about the room in the back seat. If so, they could ride somewhere else. Looks were what sold me.
    To each his own.

7. May 29, 2017 at 12:46 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    Personally I'd like to split the difference. The cab on the crew Max is a foot larger than the DC. And obviously the bed is a foot shorter on the crew max than a DC. I'd like to see six more inches in a DC and have a six-foot bed.

Sunnier and 040Tundra like this.
  8. May 29, 2017 at 12:51 PM
    PermaFrostTRD

PermaFrostTRD [OP] Tumescent Member

Member:
    Northern NY
    Vehicle:
    2019 CrewMax MGM Grocery Getter
    limited wannabe, suspension and tire improvements
    I wouldn't mind the crew max if it came with the Double cab sized bed.

But honestly, all Toyota needs to do is offer the power rear window in the DC and I'd be stoked (or some pimp my ride dude figured out how to motorize the DC window).

9. May 29, 2017 at 12:55 PM
    Tomcat

Tomcat Ever see a motorcycle outside a shrinks office?

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2010 SR5 4X4 5.7 20" wheels Metallic Gray
    Bakflip
    Check out the CM thread. There is a DC in there mooning them. You know the CM guys are jealous of that long luscious butt on the DC. LMAO

Buildn, PermaFrostTRD[OP] and gosolo like this.
  10. May 29, 2017 at 12:59 PM
    gosolo

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    NW Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2"CB shackles, bushings and 1 shim, lockerdown console vault, rear folding seat back mod, snugtop shell with opening side windows, 46g fuel tank, SDHQ sliders and hidden winch, Decked Drawers, Alcan leaf springs and got rid of the interior chrome
    I'm enjoying the back and forth quite a bit, but I could have had any tundra available in 2015 for the same deal and I got exactly the one I wanted and would make the same deal today. All these Tundras look good to me!

11. May 29, 2017 at 1:14 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
  12. May 29, 2017 at 1:27 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Eclipsed & Floating Over it.........

Member:
    I’m right where I need to be
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    Jealousy is not looking good on you, Dave.

I had to go back and count...there are 4 whiteys on here and because I know these guys, I'm pretty sure not one of us would be afraid to have a "battle royale" and Hulk Hogan you and your squad against the ropes.

You name a time, the place, and weapons of choice.....

Or....you can bow down :bowdown: to the DC club and we will allow you and your cronies to make it out of the ring unscathed....
    Have you seen the movie Weatherman????

:transformer::benchpress::muscleflexing::curls:

Tundyfundy, D4x4TRD, Sunnier and 6 others like this.
  13. May 29, 2017 at 1:29 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    Brick killed a guy! With a trident!

14. May 29, 2017 at 1:30 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    I would buy a CM if it was a DC....JUST SAYIN

But I'm on the same page as everyone from both worlds...I LOVE A TUNDRA regardless of size, color, mods, and even.....no, not any driver :D

Last edited: May 29, 2017
    040Tundra, r4z0r51o and 15whtrd like this.
  15. May 29, 2017 at 1:35 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    LOL he's probably not talking about my truck. It is the most basic bitch out of all of your guys nice trucks. All I've done is the grille, ceramic tint, the bed cover, the linex liner, weather tech mats, sway bar, rear diff breather mod, rubber bed mat, tailgate popnlock, tailgate weatherstrip seal, dc rear seat fold down mod and TRD black center caps. Soon to come dirty deeds exhaust. 6 inch! Waiting for him to make it and ship it.

16. May 29, 2017 at 1:42 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    Damn kid!!!

You've done more than most people on this forum...including myself. You need to slow down so I can catch up

17. May 29, 2017 at 1:45 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I would like to lift it but I'm hesitant because I like the drivability it has stock. And I'm looking for this truck to last me a long time without many headaches. So the mods I've chosen were more for longevity and usefulness To me. I would like one of those rear seat lockable safes. Something to keep my guns in.A lot of the stuff I've done you wouldn't even notice and less I told you LOL so from the outside it looks pretty much stock

18. May 29, 2017 at 2:06 PM
    tye

tye New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    tye
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Pro DC
    Diamondback cover, flowmaster exhaust, n-fab sliders
  19. May 29, 2017 at 2:35 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    It's an awesome ride. I would like a little higher lift but I'm kinda like you..not wanting to add more fail points. Mine needs to last me a long time too. I'll do a little more to it as for performance but not crap that's gonna pull from longevity or resale-ability

15whtrd[QUOTED] likes this.
  20. May 29, 2017 at 2:35 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    Damn, Tye! She's beautiful

21. May 29, 2017 at 2:36 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    I almost bought blue. Sometimes I wish I would have...but Im always glad I bought a Tundra

22. May 29, 2017 at 2:40 PM
    gosolo

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    NW Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Like wise, I've got over 6K in mods and still don't have my new tires yet. Most of it can't be seen and that's how I like it.

23. May 29, 2017 at 2:59 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    I'm just starting to clear up from a nasty divorce that was finalized 2 weeks ago and when I first got mine I wasnt thinking straight, nor intelligently, and didn't care what I was spending so I went big out of the gates and racked up some serious debt. Between just the sound system, lift, wheels, and tires I was at like 11K. Then all the small stuff started showing up that needed installation so knowing how I operate...I installed them!

I'm not exactly far off from where I want to be but all the small stuff Is really whats left on the list. The last expensive couple additions will be a front bumper (if I actually do it), powder coated bumper caps in the back, and a custom leaf pack. Maybe some higher end lights and switches but that should be about it for big spendy stuff. After that it'll be just some simple mods to the mods I already have.

After I say all of that stuff I'm starting to sweat thinking about the money :goingcrazy:

040Tundra, 15whtrd and dandailey like this.
  24. May 29, 2017 at 3:02 PM
    Bear

Bear Fargin' Iceholes

Member:
    First Name:
    Bear
    Custer, SD
    Vehicle:
    2022 GMC Sierra 3500 Dually
    Pulsar Edge V3; MBRP side dump exhaust
    Ain't me. That damned thing is never white!! Is dusty brown a color??

25. May 29, 2017 at 3:06 PM
    gosolo

Member:
    First Name:
    Ray
    NW Oregon
    Vehicle:
    Here's most of it:
    Mods:
    Floor mats
    Seat covers
    Lockerdown Console safe
    2" CB shackles & bushings
    CB shims (2 right side, 1 left)
    Drivers side grab handle
    SDHQ hidden winch mount
    Xeon warn 10K winch
    SDHQ sliders
    48g transfer flow fuel tank
    Snugtop shell w/ opening sides
    RCI Transfercase skidplate
    Decked Drawer system
    Icon leaf spring packs
    Interior chrome control w/wrap
    Morimoto fog lights
    Stubby antenna
    Rear seat back fold down mod

26. May 29, 2017 at 3:20 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    Nice!!

Already done for me:
    Toytec BOSS 2.0
    Black Rhino Warlords
    TOYO C/Ts
    5% tint in front and added tint to back
    P&p engineering sliders
    RCI bedrack
    RCI full 3 skids - engine, transfer, and gas tank
    TEPUI RTT
    Full sized spare - stock steely rim
    HI lift jack
    Rotopax
    Crazy beaver shovel
    Maxtrax X2
    Bed lighting
    Tinted tail lights
    Spyder headlights retros with HID retro
    I have something else on the way to help
    PRO grill
    Morimoto fogs
    Rigid spot beam a-pillar lights
    Stubby antenna
    Floor board lighting
    Rhino Rack roof rack system with basket
    LED lighting everywhere inside and out
    ARB compressor
    Rear diff mod
    Husky mats front and back
    Extang tri-fold tonneau

Sound system- Focal speakers (all 4 with tweeters), 2 10 inch subs with custom box, 8 channel JL amp, processor, and factory head unit upgrades.

Holy shit!! Now I'm even more depressed.....

Tincup, r4z0r51o, JC303 and 3 others like this.
  27. May 29, 2017 at 3:24 PM
    darkknight2014

darkknight2014 Mods mods and more mods!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    New york
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra sr5
    20" Cooper STT Pros on md rims, quadfire lights, pro grille, leather interior, navi, retrofitted headlights, blacked out chrome, TRD sway bar, hypertech interceptor, k&n air intake, Banks exhaust
  28. May 29, 2017 at 3:33 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    Holy Mother of God!! I haven't seen a pic of your truck in a while...totally impressive.

Are the hints of blue lights coming from actual blue lights or just fancy photography bouncing the white light around?

29. May 29, 2017 at 3:43 PM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I like your style. Most of your mods are right down my alley. Tasteful stuff.

Eclipsed & Floating likes this.
  30. May 29, 2017 at 3:45 PM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    He has a badass truck...fo sho

Products Discussed in

To Top