1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Tech12volts JBL 5 channel amp group buy!!!!!

Discussion in 'Deals & Group Buys' started by Pudge, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Mar 7, 2019 at 2:51 PM
    Adam

Adam New Member

Member:
    Whatever James sent me sounds fucking great. Cant wait to get the amp and sub!

Pudge[OP] and JTL like this.
  2. Mar 7, 2019 at 3:05 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    Copy, thanks!

Thanks everyone!

JTL likes this.
  3. Mar 12, 2019 at 8:00 PM
    james@tech12volts

james@tech12volts tech12volts.com INNOVATIONS IN AUDIO ! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    james
    For anyone waiting on their speakers or JBL amp from the group I will have all the last remaining orders in my hands tomorrow. And they will go out tomorrow and Thursday. Sorry on the delay JBL is a pain in the ass with their shipping department . Tracking will be sent via iOS to your email also . Thanks everyone who has supported us.

Pudge[OP] likes this.
  4. Mar 12, 2019 at 8:06 PM
    TXTundra2722

TXTundra2722 Pipe Hitters Union

Member:
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2015 Black Tundra
    Thanks James for giving us this sweet deal... I'm sure we've been a pain in your side with all of the questions. You'll definitely get more future business from me!

5. Mar 13, 2019 at 10:35 PM
    mudcoffee11

mudcoffee11 New Member

Member:
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 Platinum Super White
    King, Camburg, Method, Baja designs, SDHQ, SS built
    How did you guys wire your center dash speaker?

The instructions say do not use, but obviously I want to use them since I bought them. Only options I can think of is either wire it to the right or left, or split +/- between left and right.

Also are you guys getting some white noise with the volume low and also with it to 0?

6. Mar 13, 2019 at 11:12 PM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    Audio was not the direction I was going right now either. But, the OEM stereo does SUCK and there's this group buy......."But Honey, I may not find a deal like this again..." She hits me with the eyebrow Vee.
    images_af8615e70ad208db91c855d792b6279b97c2095f.jpg

7. Mar 14, 2019 at 12:00 AM
    fishing guy

fishing guy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Platinum 4x4 Tundra
    N/A

I am exactly where you are at... Spoke to James and he send me this diagram...

My brother will do it for me Saturday and ill share some pics.

In regards to the white noise....yes, I experienced it too. James told me it was because of Toyotas bluetooth system. However, today was the first day I went to drive the truck listening to music and I didn't hear that white noise at all (probably due to road noise and such)

hope that helps.

But yea, I would like to see someone's wiring for center tweets as well.

I upgraded subs to 2 JLs per James suggestion and they get here Friday. Excited!

Screen Shot 2019-03-12 at 5.42.20 PM.jpg

mudcoffee11[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Mar 14, 2019 at 2:30 AM
    Adam

Adam New Member

Member:
    So you do have to run new wire to all the speakers?

9. Mar 14, 2019 at 3:05 AM
    zombie

zombie Master at Something

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black DC 4x4
    5 channel sound in a truck cab, for real. :smack: I'll stick with my Junkyard system for $50. Pioneer Head unit, with 1000 watt Sony amp with two 12"s. :ohsnap:

10. Mar 15, 2019 at 8:33 AM
    bard0117

bard0117 New Member

Member:
    Wow, guys. So I’m finished installing the entire group buy package on my JBL 1794. I’ve never done an install in my life, and I’ve gotta say that the most difficult part of the entire installation is running the power wire to the engine.

It just took me a while to figure out the best way for me to get it through, I just tied a small string, about 4 Feet, and pulled it through the grommet with a little bit of leather cleaner. I pushed the string from the inside of the cab towards the engine with a screw driver, then I tied it to the wire and went back inside the cab to pull it. Came through with minimal effort.

I guess I’ve gotta drop a few bits of information I haven’t seen posted on here for those looking to do it themselves.

Fuse next to the battery has to be opened up and you have to insert mini fuse into it. It’s got an Allen Bolt you have to loosen.

Second, the DSR1 has a random blue wire that you have to tie into the ‘remote start’ connection on the amp.

Wiring is completely plug and play.
    Anybody got any tips as to how to program the DSR1?

11. Mar 15, 2019 at 9:53 PM
    fishing guy

fishing guy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Billy
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Platinum 4x4 Tundra
    N/A

for me.... I literally downloaded the app " Rockford Fosgate Perfect Tune" ....then on lower left corner, theres a button that says set up. just press that and everythign should work. Im not very good at this...but thats what James walked me through and everything worked fine after that

12. Mar 31, 2019 at 7:36 PM
    Mkpw24

Mkpw24 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Vehicle:
    2018 Black TRD Sport
    Cant wait to get the amp, speakers and sub! Missed group buy pricing but James still gave a good price for a good setup!

TXTundra2722 and Pudge[OP] like this.
  13. Apr 7, 2019 at 9:53 PM
    Pudge

Pudge [OP] Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    I spent some time finding someone who makes or would make me some plug andplay harnesses for my audio upgrade. I did not want to deal with ********* as I have read some nightmare stories, along with some good ones but I wanted to venture out none the less.
    Ended up finding this site, then actually being recommended this site from our man @TundraTex .
    I spoke with Brian over there and he made me what I needed for a very reasonably price.
    He has a lot of harnesses listed for non JBL systems but will make you what you need and provide pinout locations and info.
    He made me some plugs and harnesses so I won't have to cut any factory wires when i replace my JBL amp. Great guy to deal with, cut me a deal and his product showed up quickly, 3 days from order.
    Anyway if anyone is looking to audio harnesses for their truck definitely hit up Brian over at https://www.autoharnesshouse.com/41112.html let him know you're a member here and Sean and Lou recommended his services.
    This could be what a lot of you guys who took place in the tech12volts group buys need to prevent cutting any wires.

TundraTex, silverhack and Migraine like this.
  14. Apr 7, 2019 at 10:04 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    The harness I got plugs into the output plugs of the JBL amp. That plug has wires coming from it and go to the speaker. So he made 2 plugs with wires coming off that you can simple plug into the wiring harness that comes out of the JBL OEM amp, and directly to your new amp's speaker outputs. Its eliminates having to cut your OEM factory harness. I'm adding a new headunit so that's exactly what I needed. If you arent adding a head unit and are keeping your factory bead unit you would still want this harness but I'm not sure what else. I think the dsr1 takes care of connecting the head unit to the amps inputs but if you need an input harnesses I bet Brian can make you something up.

15. Apr 7, 2019 at 10:05 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    My harnesses are in the garage and I'm in bed. 1am and 7am wake up. I'll grab some pics tomorrow

Migraine likes this.
  16. Apr 7, 2019 at 10:11 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    I don't sleep much, well not at night a anyway. Every now and then I'll take a good afternoon nap. I just can't fall asleep before 1 or 2 no matter what I do

17. Apr 7, 2019 at 11:11 PM
    DCB500

DCB500 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra SR5 TSS Double Cab
    Wheels, sound system, antenna, tailgate letter inserts, Grill/Hood Bulge, Exhaust, Leather
    I have upgraded my system and kept the factory radio but the frequencies that XM radio puts out sounds like garbage on most channels. The guy where I purchased some of my equipment had some FLAC files loaded on a usb drive that he used when he was tuning my system and it sounded amazing.....said he got them from HD tracks but when I download and copied to usb the the entune won’t recognize those files so I can’t figure out why his worked am mine don’t. Any ideas?

18. Apr 7, 2019 at 11:13 PM
    8MINT8

8MINT8 #NotBetty

Member:
    Lost
    Vehicle:
    2018 Unicorn TRD
    Need to reformat usb drive?

19. Apr 7, 2019 at 11:15 PM
    DCB500

DCB500 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    Wheels, sound system, antenna, tailgate letter inserts, Grill/Hood Bulge, Exhaust, Leather
    It’s formatted to fat32 just like he said his was so I tried that also....still can’t get it to recognize those files.

20. Apr 7, 2019 at 11:18 PM
    8MINT8

8MINT8 #NotBetty

Member:
    Lost
    Vehicle:
    2018 Unicorn TRD
    Sometimes depends on size of usb or sd card. Some systems can only process a lower gig drive.

Major likes this.
  21. Apr 7, 2019 at 11:24 PM
    DCB500

DCB500 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    It’s a 4gb stick, just one my wife found at her work so I just wanted to try it before buying one with more storage. I ripped some CD’s in media player at the highest bit rate the radio would recognize (would not recognize wav files either) but I was able to get them in the 300 bit rate range where they would play in the truck and sound pretty good but still not like those FLAC files he was playing when working on it. So the USB drive works just won’t read the higher quality files.

22. Apr 7, 2019 at 11:31 PM
    8MINT8

8MINT8 #NotBetty

Member:
    Lost
    Vehicle:
    2018 Unicorn TRD
    Have you checked the files thru your pc? Sometimes copied files are just shortcuts or read me. How many mb?

23. Apr 7, 2019 at 11:35 PM
    DCB500

DCB500 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    I would have to go back an look to make sure but the sample files I downloaded from HD tracks for free if I remember correctly are showing about 70mb for a song and they are 96/24 FLAC file.

24. Apr 7, 2019 at 11:41 PM
    8MINT8

8MINT8 #NotBetty

Member:
    Lost
    Vehicle:
    2018 Unicorn TRD
    If you put files on cd, will it read and play? Might try a diff flash drive. I have a 1tb drive I put music on and the oem stereo reads it.

25. Apr 7, 2019 at 11:49 PM
    DCB500

DCB500 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    Well i ripped some CD’s to WMP and then copied them to the stick and they played just fine once I found the highest quality format to make the copy but the FLAC files that were downloaded from HD tracks, the truck would not recognize and when you plug the drive back into the computer I can access just fine and play them. I tried this on 2 different USB sticks (granted not the highest quality) but I wanted to confirm it works before buying one.

The installer has the FLAC files in his stick and like I said they work fine in the truck so I’m not sure where the disconnect is when I do it.

:confused:

26. Apr 8, 2019 at 12:01 AM
    8MINT8

8MINT8 #NotBetty

Member:
    Lost
    Vehicle:
    2018 Unicorn TRD
    Software can be a pain. You can figure out the problem then apply to required files. Just need to go thru a file.

I had to put certain files in folders instead of just one main because how the system sorts.

27. Apr 8, 2019 at 11:21 AM
    DCB500

DCB500 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    David
    Oklahoma City
    Vehicle:
    Ok so gave up on the FLAC files from HD tracks, maybe will figure out later so just purchased a song from iTunes which allows downloading to USB drive and sounds pretty damn good so I’ll just roll with that for music files I guess. Appreciate the responses as dialogue around this!

28. Apr 8, 2019 at 5:31 PM
    TundraTex

TundraTex FRAC On!

Member:
    First Name:
    Lou
    DFW Texas
    Vehicle:
    '16 TSS CM 4x4
    Brian is a great guy to work with. Glad he fixed you up!

Pudge[QUOTED][OP] and 831Tun like this.
  29. Apr 8, 2019 at 6:57 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Thanks Lou. Definitely a great guy, solid looking product and quick turn around time. I'm sure I drove him nuts with all my emails and questions but he hung in there

831Tun likes this.
  30. Apr 8, 2019 at 7:17 PM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    Boy, did his product make the "premium" Toyota stuff look like crap!
    I just finished up the complete install today and have a couple questions.

Pudge[QUOTED][OP] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top