1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Sorry but it is time!

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by k9shag, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Dec 3, 2017 at 6:57 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    It certainly is. We are probably putting the wife into one when her lease is up on the Highlander, which is also a very comfortable vehicle with some power.

27C0F702-841C-4E78-8B5F-62C4B3BC691A.jpg

2. Dec 3, 2017 at 7:05 AM
    boardude

boardude I am Batman

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    Tucson, AZ
    Vehicle:
    [YODAGAN]
    2015 Inferno Ex-Pro
    The new Camrys are sweet looking! I don't think I would ever get a DD because realistically I would walk to the garage, look at both cars and just end up in the truck every time lol

Leo's first likes this.
  3. Dec 3, 2017 at 7:16 AM
    BlueFalconActual

BlueFalconActual Field Day Inspector Extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    29 Palms, CA
    Vehicle:
    Tundra-less
    I love Subarus, but I wont buy anything besides an WRX because of the demographic that they seem to target for whatever reason. I looked at the Camrys when I was at the dealership two weeks ago and I was really impressed.

4. Dec 3, 2017 at 8:49 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Good call! They are tried and true. A bit higher, probably a better bet than the IS to be honest! Lower miles for less money.

5. Dec 3, 2017 at 9:16 AM
    Outbound

Outbound SSEM #2.5, Token AmeriCanadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2022 CrewMax TRD Off Road, MGM of course.
    I had a 2017 Camry as a loaner car when my truck was having the timing belt done. Can't say I would ever buy one, especially anywhere that gets harsh winters. It has very little ground clearance. I found the angle of the windshield to be weird too, almost like it was distorting my vision. It also didn't strike me as a comfortable car to drive for hours, mainly because it had nowhere to rest my arms. Could be that I'm about the size and shape of a fire hydrant though. My left arm didn't comfortably sit on the window edge and there's no armrest on the right while the the center console was too low and too far back.

The Camry was spacious and did handle like an over grown go-kart so it was fun to drive despite me nit-picking it's comfort.

My girl and I are starting to research a second vehicle for her use and to use as a daily run about/road trip vehicle. We're eyeballing a Toyota RAV4 awd or the Subaru Outback awd. Both have reputations for reliability and both have better ground clearanace and better options for roof racks etc than most cars. IIRC, the Outback actually has the same ground clearance as the Nissan Xterra SUV.

We get some pretty nasty winters up here and snow clearing is less than acceptable so being able to get over piles of hardened snow and drive down a skating rink is a must. We also fish, mtn bike and enjoy the back country and want a fuel efficient vehicle to get us out for the day trips when we don't need the hauling or towing power of my Tundra.

6. Dec 3, 2017 at 4:41 PM
    k9shag

k9shag [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Midland, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra DC SR5 MGM
    So today was a car shopping day. Drove a Camry, Accord Crosstour, Outback, Impreza, and a Forrester. Having not owned a car in many years it was a funny feeling driving the Camry and the Impreza. The Crosstour was very nice but the way the back hatch winds sat I did not like the blind spots it created. I only deal with Rick Hendrick dealerships (6 purchases in 9 years) here in the Carolinas and at least a dozen referrals who purchased. I also have a good relationship with a general sales manager. So I go to him and we see what is in the system. Just so happens they just took a 14 Outback Limited in on trade. 49K miles and very clean. They certified it and to do so put new brakes all around. This seamed silly to do back brakes at 49K but he said it was required for certification. Long story short is got the thing out the door for 2K under KBB which worked for me. 12mo/12K bumper to bumper and 10 year 100K powertrain. Now with the miles I put on it it will not take long for these warranties to disappear but at least I will have some time. I will probably pick it up later this week and post a pic. There might have been a better deal out there somewhere else, but I am loyal to those who provide great service. Thanks for the discussion and advice.

Leo's first, Mrfols, T-Rex266 and 3 others like this.
  7. Dec 4, 2017 at 6:12 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    Congrats.

8. Dec 4, 2017 at 7:03 AM
    Zero One Actual

Zero One Actual Member among Members

Member:
    You get past the look when you see your gas bill every month. Plus no one else can see your sinister grin when you sit inside it and count your money like Scrooge McDuck.

TheBeast likes this.
  9. Dec 4, 2017 at 8:23 PM
    Mrfols

Mrfols New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Pat
    New London NC
    Vehicle:
    2018 Platinum MGM Crewmax
    Spray In Beadliner, Stealth Running Boards, Extang Solid Fold 2.0.
    Congrats on the Outback and I’m with you on the Hendrick Dealers. Just got my MGM Platinum from Hendrick Toyota Concord! All told, I’ve bought 3 from Toyota Concord, 2 From Hendrick City Chevrolet, and 1 from Hendrick Lexus Northlake. Always a good experience!

10. Dec 5, 2017 at 3:42 AM
    k9shag

k9shag [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Midland, NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra DC SR5 MGM
    Thats my Toyota dealer as well. In 2010 I bought a Tacoma from Hendrick Toyota in Wilmington a four hour ride from my home. Never went there. They sent a boatload of pics and video, I noticed a spot on the driver seat so they re covered it, and then two days later delivered it to my house in SC for a test drive. I did the paperwork on my dining room table. Great service

Mrfols[QUOTED] likes this.
  11. Dec 5, 2017 at 4:24 AM
    tmart

tmart New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Travis
    Get an Evo9!! Way better then a Subaru, awd, and it would take amazing pics with the Tundra ;)

Products Discussed in

To Top