1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Solid Offroad - Solid Motor Mount Holiday Deal

Discussion in 'Deals & Group Buys' started by eccracer104, Jul 8, 2022.

1. May 30, 2023 at 3:32 PM
    mZiggy

mZiggy Honey badger; VFPro licensed; YotaWerx Tuning

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra SR5-CM; 2020 4R TRD Pro; 2008 4R SR5 v8
    Just got the mounts today. They look....SOLID... ;)

I'll see myself out.

But for real, they look great.

received_1074884813686714.jpg

bulldog93, chugs, Bonzen and 4 others like this.
  2. May 31, 2023 at 8:33 AM
    azTony

azTony member since sept, 2017 and over 1,600 messages

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Sun Lakes, AZ
    Vehicle:
    *** OV Tune Order #4481 *** ECU 0CN21 ***
    2018 Tundra Platinum with Icon Stage 9 w/3.0 and billet UCA, Harrop Elockers, 5.29 on 37’s
    My solid load came in yesterday and I now have my appointment setup

Bonzen and SAGE63 like this.
  3. Jun 5, 2023 at 2:58 PM
    Bonzen

Bonzen @solid_offroad

Member:
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Excellent, glad they all arrived.

4. Jun 12, 2023 at 1:47 PM
    Bonzen

Bonzen @solid_offroad

Member:
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Received a few PMs about another Group Buy.

I'm always down to do that as long as we get 5 or more orders. That way I can do a supplemental order from my suppliers and and not break the bank.

Let me know!

chugs and Wynnded like this.
  5. Jun 12, 2023 at 1:52 PM
    GravityGear

GravityGear Parking Lot Prerunner

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora, CO
    Vehicle:
    2014 Black DC TSS Off Road 4x4 5.7
    Transfer Flow tank, Pinstripe Suit
    I would like some feedback on the increase in NVH with these mounts. I hit the trails regularly and the trails in CO can be rocky. There can be lots of throttle bumping and abrupt braking. I feel like I can benefit from these, but I do also take this truck on road trips. I don't want to beat up myself, my partner or, my dog with vibrations and noise.

Bonzen likes this.
  6. Jun 12, 2023 at 2:52 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    I don't notice any additional vibrations other than a little on startup, and below 12mph. Only in the steering wheel and the pedals. There's no difference on the highway. I can't speak to rock crawling though, I've never wheeled an automatic. I would guess that the on/off transitions would be more precise.

Bonzen likes this.
  7. Jun 14, 2023 at 6:05 PM
    Bonzen

Bonzen @solid_offroad

Member:
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    This is the most common question I get. The answer is soo subjective to the actual person and how they "feel" about sensory input from a vehicle that its almost impossible to speak for how someone will notice the slight increase in harmonics that is transferred to the frame from the engine.

The short, quick answer is, the benefits far outweigh any slight negative drawback from NVH that may be increased, Like 1000 to1.

I have customers that swear the new motor mounts eliminated the NVH they were already feeling. I have some that say their off road tires and exhaust add more NVH than the mounts. I have some that say they like the added input because they have a sense of security knowing their rig is much more stout. Everyone likes the added throttle response, the better traction in loose terrain, the firmer, more positive transmission shifts, and the fact that they aren't having their headers smash against their coil buckets because the OE rubber mounts are shot.

Here is a link to the website FAQ section were I go over all the combined info about this and other things, based off making these polyurethane custom mounts for the last 2 decades:

https://solid-offroad.com/tech-info

8. Jun 14, 2023 at 7:22 PM
    azTony

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Sun Lakes, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Platinum with Icon Stage 9 w/3.0 and billet UCA, Harrop Elockers, 5.29 on 37’s
    Done! I pick it up tomorrow
    Image.jpg

vipgs3, chugs, Bonzen and 1 other person like this.
  9. Jun 14, 2023 at 7:40 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    Nice, I see you sprang for the nail polish accents. ;)

azTony[QUOTED], tundra_20 and Bonzen like this.
  10. Jun 14, 2023 at 8:13 PM
    Bonzen

Bonzen @solid_offroad

Member:
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Paint marking is extremely underrated :thumbsup:

11. Jun 16, 2023 at 12:53 PM
    azTony

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Sun Lakes, AZ
    Vehicle:

For those interested and concerned about your ride. I went to pick up my truck after getting the motor mounts installed and I was sitting in my truck waiting for my wife to pull out so I can follow her to lunch... I sat there for just over 10 minutes :facepalm:

Then I pulled out and started driving. I had everything turned off so I can hear and feel anything and I was pleasantly surprised with the feel. At the 10 minute idle I was not even thinking about the motor mounts but about my wife... and I did not notice anything but I had my hands on my phone and feet on the floor board. When driving I feel nothing but when stopped at a stoplight I can feel "slight" vibration only in the pedals and the steering wheel. I drove it for close to an hour home and enjoyed the ride. I have not had it offroad yet but I may get that opportunity tomorrow, not sure yet.

I had the same concerns but I took my wife for a ride today and she did not feel anything. I did not tell her to let me know if she felt anything but she is the type that will be the first to tell me if something if off.

If you are on the fence, I would take the leap with faith

12. Jun 16, 2023 at 1:01 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Mine actually got better than it was before after I changed out an unreliable fuel injector this morning.

chugs and Bonzen like this.
  13. Jun 18, 2023 at 1:11 PM
    Bonzen

Bonzen @solid_offroad

Member:
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    Excellent review @azTony

Wait till you take it off road and hit the throttle in some loose stuff:D

And, good point @Wynnded - Ive found that 99% of the customers that noticed more than "normal" NVH was due to something else that was malfunctioning or loose. Loose dash board or door panels are the #1 culprit, but I have heard of the random fuel injector or loose exhaust manifolds also contributing to the NVH.

azTony, chugs and Wynnded like this.
  14. Jun 20, 2023 at 2:40 PM
    Bonzen

Bonzen @solid_offroad

Member:
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    I forgot who ordered these white ones, but they came out rad.

20230525_115909.jpg
    20230525_120031.jpg

mZiggy, eccracer104[OP] and Wynnded like this.
  15. Jun 20, 2023 at 3:30 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Very photogenic.

Bonzen[QUOTED] and mZiggy like this.
  16. Jun 30, 2023 at 10:41 AM
    Bonzen

Bonzen @solid_offroad

Member:
    Lake Havasu City, AZ
    I have a ready to ship 5.7 kit on the shelf right now, not painted. Can ship on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday) if anyone wants a good deal and fast delivery.

$475 shipped, one time deal, 4th of July discount:thumbsup:

eccracer104[OP] and Wynnded like this.
  17. Jul 25, 2023 at 4:25 AM
    blenton

blenton New Member

Member:
    I’m usually pretty sensitive to increased NVH - prolly from being paranoid about when - not IF - all of my older vehicles were having issues. I’ll provide some feedback in a week or so as I FINALLY cleaned the shop up enough to pull the truck in and swap them over. Been working on the basement and a few other things so playing with the truck has been on the back burner. :(

As far as install, I was surprised that the driver’s side was easier than the passengers side due mostly to the dipstick tube. Or maybe it was because I did the driver’s side second after figure out the passenger’s side. Or it could also have something to do with the fact that I started cross threading the bottom rear bolt and fought that for a while to get the threads cleaned up and straighten out enough to get the bolt threaded correctly… Doh. Facepalm… I was also surprised to see my factory mounts in pretty decent shape for 190k miles. Sneaking them out in two pieces was the way to go.

We’ll see how it drives tomorrow…

E72DECFE-46DF-4E1A-ACC3-336A786220FA.jpg AD520393-74DD-4CE3-862C-DD563F8DB4DF.jpg

bulldog93 and Bonzen like this.
  18. Oct 25, 2023 at 4:10 PM
    texasrho83

texasrho83 DGAF#1

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Conroe TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 DC MGM 4x4
    See build link
    Received today. These puppies look great! Thanks @Bonzen

20231025_180157.jpg

n0rth, vipgs3, Bonzen and 3 others like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top