1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Smart Stop Technology

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by rons23, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Apr 30, 2015 at 9:45 AM
    rons23

rons23 [OP] Get The Led Out!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    I just went back and read this whole thread I started and I have to say..... Very Entertaining! Bob that calls for Black Tundras.com sticker. Any chance of getting one. :cool:

Black Wolf likes this.
  2. Apr 30, 2015 at 9:51 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    @Bob

Bob likes this.
  3. Apr 30, 2015 at 9:58 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    That is the same impression that I got two weeks ago at the dealer. That's why I got basically no resistance from them. It was "Do you want it ?" ahhh........nope", "ok'. About two seconds time. The pedals are somewhat close and its not too hard to press both at the same time. I will run this by the dealer this afternoon. It is becoming clearer that this update may be strictly a preference issue. More to follow after all. Train on the track! Watch out!

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
    rons23[OP] likes this.
  4. Apr 30, 2015 at 10:46 AM
    tat2ude39

tat2ude39 MYota

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    San Tan Valley, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2021 Tundra SR5 Crewmax ~ ARMY GREEN
    Or an inferno sticker...

rons23[OP] likes this.
  5. Apr 30, 2015 at 11:11 AM
    rons23

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Sabm (Gtek-Fab), Blake Carbon Diamond Plate door sil protecters, and Air Dam mod, Black Rivited Grill, Devil Horns- Black Anodized(Diaz Fabrication), Hid's in Low Beams and Fogs -6000k, Piaa Extreme for High Beams. Black Rhino Step Tubes, Razir Led interior Lights (white), Low Profile Black Diamond Plate Tool Box, Trd accesories, Weather Tech Mats, Carbon Fiber Shorty Antenna, Drl's, Plasta Dipped Badges + Front Grill Surround
    Roger that Sean

6. Apr 30, 2015 at 11:26 AM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Called the dealer one more time. The person I spoke to said that 90% have been getting the update. The update according to this Toyota spokesperson was in fact to address the accidental pressing of both pedals at the same time causing unwanted acceleration previously mentioned by @rons23. She did not know how many of that percentage were trucks. I'm thinking not many considering the miniscule amount of trucks built compared to cars. Still going down to have it done. I will ask to see if it can be reversed if I do not like it.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2015
  7. Apr 30, 2015 at 1:39 PM
    rons23

Member:
    First Name:
    Ron
    Kill Devil Hills
    Vehicle:
    2008 Nautical Blue TRD
    Matluth, let me know your thoughts when you get it installed. Thanks

Black Wolf[QUOTED] likes this.
  8. Apr 30, 2015 at 2:10 PM
    TruckyTruck

TruckyTruck Dumbest Username

Member:
    First Name:
    Gary
    Texas
    Ha, all in good fun man!

rons23[OP] likes this.
  9. Apr 30, 2015 at 3:47 PM
    Black Wolf

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    Just got back from getting flashed at the dealer. Mechanic was not pretty. Took maybe 15 minutes since I had an appt. Eric, my service adviser, again confirmed to me that this update was in response to the pedal issues some drivers had dating back to settlement of unintended acceleration even though the majority was determined to be driver error. There happened to be another guy getting his 08 tundra serviced that I had a short conversation with. He wanted nothing to do with the update. After the update I hit some back streets on the way home to test it out. Was doing around 35 , left my foot on gas and simultaneously tapped the brake and truck would not accelerate any further. Rpm's decreased. Not a big deal. Gonna be up in the mountains this weekend and will see how that goes.

Last edited: May 1, 2015
    rons23[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  10. Apr 30, 2015 at 9:32 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    LOL :eek:

T-Rex266 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top