1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Shop/garage

Discussion in 'Home Improvement' started by Tundra2, Mar 3, 2020.

1. May 8, 2020 at 5:57 PM
    W Bill

W Bill New Member

Member:
    Polished concrete. Add stain, make it a nice color. Just a suggestion. If done well, results can be impressive.

Think about surveillance if you are interested in that. Where will you want cameras?

Also, wired networking. A lot of people use wireless networking. I prefer to run cables for a variety of reasons: fast, reliable, secure, etc. So I run twisted pair everywhere, for surveillance and for computers. It just makes sense to me. Given stairs, I'd probably run all cables into separate patch panels for cameras vs LAN, under the stairs.

Get the tallest bay door you can fit.

Slatwall? Your preference there.

Tundra2[OP] likes this.
  2. May 8, 2020 at 6:25 PM
    Tundra2

Tundra2 [OP] Zoinked

Member:
    First Name:
    Noah
    Western Kentucky
    Vehicle:
    '00 Tundra V8 SR5 '03 Corolla Virus
    I'm used to walking on unpolished concrete. It doesn't really bug me. Maybe one day after everything is set up.

I had planned on everything being hardwired on site. No "connectivity" issues that way.

As far as internet that HAS to be wireless. No one in a 100 mile radius has even heard of DSL. They all know fiber, but thats in town. Us folks in the sticks don't fucking count.

Our internet speeds are less than MB up and down. I can't even watch videos at anything more than 120p. Most streaming services now start at 240p. Takes me 20 minutes to watch a 5 minute video. Can't fucking stand it.

Last edited: May 8, 2020

Products Discussed in

To Top