1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ridge grappler

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Joeshaker, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Mar 19, 2017 at 10:12 PM
    Joeshaker

Joeshaker [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Amado
    Evergreen, Co
    Vehicle:
    13 dcsb trd4x4
    Bilstein 6112/5160 trd sway bar and ride rite bags. Black and burnt orange wet okole seat covers.
    The truck had exo grapplers, I was thinking about going to a ridge grappler. Wound up getting bfg ko2, they are way smaller. But the truck drives way better, a lot lighter and they don't affect the gearing on the mountain roads where I live. I'll try to get used to the look. My truck will be better off over the long haul. I plan on keeping it for a long time.

2. Mar 24, 2017 at 8:58 PM
    Joeshaker

Member:
    First Name:
    Amado
    Evergreen, Co
    Vehicle:
    13 dcsb trd4x4
    Bilstein 6112/5160 trd sway bar and ride rite bags. Black and burnt orange wet okole seat covers.
    So, now I've tried everything except putting the stock coil overs back in. I took off the air bags. With the shackles at one inch it was better but not gone. Put the shackles back to 1.5", exactly where it was for around 5K miles with no issues. Back to the same as with 1" and bags. Put the stock shackles back on and still doing it. The only thing left is the 6112's, I really don't want to go through the hassle of switching out to the stock CO's then wind up having to do that yet another time. So, before that I was wondering if anyone has heard of the 6112s causing problems.

3. Apr 13, 2017 at 9:56 AM
    white offroad

white offroad New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    North Carolina
    So I just told the shop to go ahead and order 33x12.50/18 ridge grapplers and they will be here tomorrow. My only concern is will I have any issue on stock 18" wheels? I do have 3" lift in the front. Anyone running this size in ridge grapplers?

4. Apr 13, 2017 at 6:33 PM
    Joeshaker

Member:
    First Name:
    Amado
    Evergreen, Co
    Vehicle:
    13 dcsb trd4x4
    You'll probably need wheel spacers. 285 exo grapplers are 11.5 and were about 1/2 an inch from the ucas on mine with stock wheels. Bora makes a one inch, that's the thinnest that won't require trimming the wheel studs. Anyway they should fit, I haven't ordered them yet. But I did measure the studs.

white offroad likes this.
  5. Apr 18, 2017 at 12:24 PM
    white offroad

white offroad New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    North Carolina
    Decided against the 33x12.50's went with 295/70/18 instead. I think it was a good decision, plus I didn't realize the 33x12.50's were 12 ply. The guy at the tire shop said I would be much happier with a 10ply and the spacers I went with are 1.50" which should be sitting at my house now waiting on me. Tires and spacers are going on Thursday had the lift done last Friday and those 275's are looking like they missed a couple meals.

Products Discussed in

To Top