1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Recommendations on radar detectors

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by stujaspermma, Jun 7, 2015.

1. Jun 9, 2015 at 5:32 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    What Sean is describing here is a good LEO technique. Sean has no doubt seen other techniques that can be very effective. If you are dippity bopping along by yourself, say 15mph over, not paying attention to your detector alerts from a few seconds earlier (or longer) and the LEO turns his on again and paints you===Ticket. If your radar "alerts" on Ka or laser band and then drops out quickly, could be a sign that LEO is near, waiting to light you up as you approach. "Near" meaning up to possibly several miles with a sensitive detector. Going top end is not infallible. The scenarios I've described above is where several cars (objects) were present and one (object) in the group was painted. Purely a cat and mouse game. I personally would rather stay + 5mph of posted speed limits or less. Don't make yourself a target , stay with traffic. Gives you a better chance in court. If you were the only car on the highway in a given spot, you will have a hard time getting that tossed in any court. I would rather obey speed limits and use the money for something else.:frusty:

I want to add one more thing. All my friends were actually speeding along with several other drivers in each case. They were radar painted out of a group of cars(objects). They were technically GUILTY and knew it. Chips can't pull everybody over. In three of the four times I went to court, it was in San Bernardino County, Kommiefornia. By some weird coincidence all three got their tickets on the way to VEGAS. Hmmmm o_O (I still got their tickets tossed):headbang:

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015

Products Discussed in

To Top