1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Pricing???

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by tonychap33, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Oct 19, 2021 at 7:56 AM
    FO LO

FO LO New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 CM w/ 5.7 and 4.30s
    I'm all for making a lower optioned cost effective work truck by removing stuff like sensors radars push button tailgate power air dam 17 inch screen center console power down back window....not by programmed HP and Torque towing and payload restrictions. If anything those numbers should go up not down on a work truck.

Toyota1234 likes this.
  2. Oct 19, 2021 at 8:30 AM
    justalfe

justalfe New Member

Member:
    The 2022 gmc sierra will be unveiled in a few days and man is she beautiful... Too bad there no where near as reliable as a yota

Cpl_Punishment likes this.
  3. Oct 19, 2021 at 9:12 AM
    Minarets

Minarets New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Nashville
    Vehicle:
    2021 TRD PRO
    The dealer I bought my 21 from whom I’ve told I’m interested if the price is right told me target date for pricing announcement is 11/1 and preorders for TRD Pro will be first of the year sometime.

BikiniRubi likes this.
  4. Oct 20, 2021 at 3:53 AM
    OH tundra

OH tundra 21 Pro lunar rock

Member:
    Was at the dealer last week and the GM told me he thinks the 22 tundra is gonna be 5-10k over the last gen price based on talking with his distributors and connections. Not sure if this is accurate but it sounds like that would price toyota with the others. Maybe a platinum would be in like with a loaded lariat or platinum f150. Not sure why Toyota would price them less than that. A lot of people willing to spend the money, look how many people buy 70-80k limited f150s. I think too many people are getting super excited about the tundra and many will buy one and immediately ditch it for the last gen. That’s what happened when the Tacoma first came out and I think that’s gonna happen for a few years till they get everything perfected in regards to motor/transmission working well together. Just for fun, look on cars.com for a newer Tacoma within a 100 miles of your location, notice how many tacomas are available for sale compared to the older tacomas. I know this might be a silly comparison since we are talking about 2 different trucks but I believe people will make the same mistake as they did when the current gen tacomas came out. I advice people to hold onto what they have and give it a couple years to get the trucks figured out before. I gain nothing from this, I just like offering my thoughts on what I think will happened in the next year.

5. Oct 20, 2021 at 4:04 AM
    MemphisViking

MemphisViking New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Eventual Tundra
    I signed up months ago, and I've gotten exactly one notice from them, about a week after several people on here got the same one.

6. Oct 20, 2021 at 4:59 AM
    MemphisViking

MemphisViking New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Eventual Tundra
    I just hope when they announce pricing it's the full pricing; trims, options, packages, add-ons, everything, and not just base msrp. I can't decide what I'm going to get until I know how much everything's going to cost.

Medic343, BikiniRubi and Toyota1234 like this.
  7. Oct 20, 2021 at 6:17 AM
    Toyota1234

Toyota1234 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Vehicle:
    2022, army green limited, off road, DC
    But the new tacoma not only had horrible gear hunting issues. They also took the great 4.0 v6 and replaced it with a mini van engine.
    In this case with the new tundra they replaced a engine with a more powerful engine and a 10 speed. How can you hate that? They really screwed the 3rd gen Tacoma. This tundra seems to have gone in the other direction.

BikiniRubi likes this.
  8. Oct 20, 2021 at 6:26 AM
    ZiaTundra

ZiaTundra New Member

Member:
    I think Toyota said about they need about tree fity

1UP likes this.
  9. Oct 20, 2021 at 6:53 AM
    TTund16

TTund16 New Member

Member:
    I'm told market will determine the pricing! If you know his last name, we can call him. maybe it was marcket something or markeet ... Not sure. They don't deliver phone books anymore. It costs to print.

KraftDinr likes this.
  10. Oct 20, 2021 at 8:03 AM
    OH tundra

Member:
    This is the same thing that happened with the Tacoma, it was given to a ton of people to review and get people excited about it at first. I don’t have a problem with Toyota trying something new with the ttv6, the problem I have is them not offering the v8 as an option. I get it l, they need to get better with the mpg. Every brand right now has a truck that offers a few options in regards to the power train. If this motor and transmission turn out to be a complete mess like the current Tacoma than they are stuck without many options, there is no guarantee this will be a clear winner. It’s just hard to bet on a truck that doesn’t have a v8 option regardless if it’s a Toyota product or not. I have lots of friends who are engineers and techs that have basically said this is a bad direction for Toyota that has been known for quality and reliability. Taking a chance on a turbo 6 cylinder to last as long as the v8 is a bad gamble I believe. I guess we will find out soon.

11. Oct 20, 2021 at 8:47 AM
    Toyota1234

Toyota1234 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Vehicle:
    But the Tacoma is what a 6 speed? If the tundra hunts a lot as well it’s doing it through a 10 speed so it won’t be so noticeable. Besides the sound I don’t think many will be complaining about the power of the upgraded engine. I’m guessing they will put out a V8 in coming years.

12. Oct 20, 2021 at 11:51 AM
    OH tundra

Member:
    People have not purchased an ancient tundra for the last 15 years because of the technology or features that the truck offers. People buy a tundra/4runner/gx460 for the longevity and reliability they are known for. It’s not just the power train that concerns most people today, it’s the added crap that has tons of tech throughout the vehicle that is concerning. If I was buying a comfortable truck with a ton of tech and didn’t care about reliability I would have purchased a ram. Toyota will never compete with the big 3 that sell almost 3 million trucks a year compared to the 100k tundras sold a year. My point is that Toyotas of today are not like the Toyotas of yesterday and the new tundra is a perfect example. It’s not a truck built to last 250-300k miles without a major overhaul, if it was they would not have only offered a ttv6 that are not designed for longevity. They are made for high power and high boost out of a small displacement v6, they didn’t even bother to use an iron block and stuck with aluminum. This might be a home run for the people that keep vehicles for a few years or maybe lease, if that’s the case why wouldn’t someone get a f150 or ram if reliability and longevity are not a concern. I’m not trying to come off as negative on the tundra, I’m just concerned that Toyota is heading in the wrong direction and should still offer a bit of guaranteed reliability with a third power train option. I purchased one of the first 2016 tacomas when they first came out and got rid of it within a month of ownership because it reminded me so much of driving a suv and not a truck, also had tons of problems. Hopefully I’m wrong but if the rollout of the New tundra is anything like the rollout of the Tacoma it’s gonna be ugly and a massive disappointment.

13. Oct 20, 2021 at 1:44 PM
    Toyota1234

Toyota1234 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Vehicle:
    300k miles would be nearly a lifetime for me. But again I think the major problem with the new Tacoma was the engine and transmission tuning. Toyota isn’t giving up on reliability if they were this truck would be a lot faster. And no ones selling this truck right away because it’s a down grade in power like the Tacoma lol. it likely will have some kind of recalls it seems they all do.

14. Oct 21, 2021 at 4:54 AM
    RKATundra

RKATundra New Member

Member:
    I love being debt free. My money is my money!

Katblackdiesel likes this.
  15. Oct 21, 2021 at 5:07 AM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 New Member

Member:
    Ram pricing is up 1k-4500 across the range for their 1500s.

I believe GM/Chevy prices were in line with that for ‘22 from the convo at had with a salesperson recently while at a GM store.

Realistically - Toyota won’t want to vary too far outside of that range - after all it’s easier to “give back” in form of unadvertised incentive/holdback to dealer or advertised incentives if you must on a product not meeting your desired sales than to price it too low and deal with empty lots and needing to take a mid year price hike or failing to maximize profit on a freshened model.

My crystal ball says we see pricing of 42-62k across the line up base without accessories. I can’t see Toyota breaching the 70k mark on a sticker (yet) for their high end - 64-65 “feels” more likely. Likewise low end will feel the increase more - 42-46k could be the new norm - unlike big 3 - Toyota never sells a ton of “base” Tundra’s - preferring to feature the Tacoma as the “value leader” and I suspect that continues for a while.

16. Oct 21, 2021 at 5:57 AM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    Problem is you are 1 out of 100,000+ that would buy a truck like that. Even if more people wanted one some of the differences would probably cost Toyota more to produce.

17. Oct 27, 2021 at 5:50 PM
    ddrosness

ddrosness New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 F150 Powerboost
    Saw an article today estimating price of the TRD PRO Crew Max at $78k when comparing it to the powerboost Ford.

TK1979 likes this.
  18. Oct 27, 2021 at 6:19 PM
    knoxville36

knoxville36 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Knoxville, TN
    Vehicle:
    2024 GMC Sierra 1500 Elevation w/3.0 Duramax
    Link to that article?

19. Oct 27, 2021 at 7:07 PM
    ddrosness

ddrosness New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2021 F150 Powerboost
    https://www.wheels.ca/car-reviews/head-to-head-2022-toyota-tundra-vs-2021-ford-f-150-hybrid/

Looking at it again its Canadian dollars which would put it at $63k US, which isn’t too bad. I would buy one if they were around $55k my Powerboost FX4 I have now just has way more features (more than I need or will ever use admittedly) would like a nice off-road capable Hybrid Tundra as I do a lot of driving and some mild off-roading, without paying $60k plus.
    However with GMC going crazy and pricing the AT4X at $75k, which is ridiculous; who knows where the TRD Pro will land.

TK1979, trekkar and Minarets like this.
  20. Oct 27, 2021 at 11:54 PM
    Radworker

Radworker New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    07 Tacoma DCSB 4X Sport
    Dented Bumper
    I hope it's not one of those, "You wont know till the agreement gets signed" type of deal us fellow Americans are familiar with.

21. Oct 28, 2021 at 4:55 AM
    FO LO

FO LO New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 CM w/ 5.7 and 4.30s
    CDI

22. Oct 28, 2021 at 5:43 AM
    DoMoToyota

DoMoToyota New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donald
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    22 Tundra Limited 4x4 CM Black
    RC 1.75" Leveling Kit Cooper Rugged Trek 275/65r20 Pro Grille Diode Dynamics Grille Lightbar Rave OR Amber Grille Marker Lights GoRhino Dominator DSS Extreme step bars UnderCover Ultraflex bed cover

I put myself on the the list a while back at a local dealer and we’ve been in touch periodically. When we last spoke, they said it’s been indicated to them that the MSRPs will range from 0 to 4k more (at most) than current gens. Also, I prodded more, to which they emphasized their understanding was that it really depending on the model, where some may be pretty aligned to current year models but to expect to see the more noticeable price increases when there are models/packages with the significant features that do not even similarly exist on current models.

This may all seem vague and generic, but they’ve been trying to be honest with me on what they do and do not know. In many cases our speculations from this board over the last year plus, I’ve shared with them and it been more news than they knew at the time. For example, Toyota replacing the v8 with a TTv6 - I told them this back around December or earlier I believe. At the time multiple people their said they had no clue and had heard nothing. When I was in for a service appt (just after the big toyota announcement/commercial reveal), a couple of the guys said the had told the owner what I said back then and just recently the owner told them that was right and asked how I found that out back then even a few months before he knew.

Back to the pricing, I can understand from a business perspective Toyota’s ability to keep the costs down as has been one of the major objectives of the new TNGA platform we’ll see shared across multiple models (including Lexus). Toyota knows it’s value propositions are and can be multi-faceted, and the “toyota way” is to not bite off more than they can chew(i.e., trying to capture a bigger piece of the Full sized market while significantly increasing price points for existing and potential customers).

All that to say, nothing is final until it’s final. Things can change but here’s to the speculation and waiting that keeps us on our toes!

Last edited: Oct 28, 2021
  23. Oct 28, 2021 at 6:06 AM
    ezdog

ezdog New Member

Member:
    Gateway To The West
    Vehicle:
    2001 RCLB V8,4WD 2015 RCLB 5.7,4WD
    Maybe this is the "Game Changing" that they have been talking about too?

I kind of doubt it but it might explain why the numbers re so far behind the reveal of the trucks.

24. Oct 28, 2021 at 6:08 AM
    OH tundra

Member:
    I heard similar information about the standard ttv6 however I just talked with my cousin last night and he said the hybrid models will cost around 8-10k over current comparable trim levels. He has a friend at Toyota corporate so I’m guessing that’s where he got the info. So that means a platinum tundra will cost around 67-70k

25. Oct 28, 2021 at 6:50 AM
    OH tundra

Member:
    I think Toyota is being smart about this, they pushed out the truck to the public and gauging peoples interest in the truck. They are waiting till the last minute to see how they should price this truck, waiting to see how the industry is managing this shortage. I think they are smart enough to price these vehicles to compare the big 3 brands, they would be missing out on a lot of money if they didn’t. If they don’t price them much higher than dealers will so we are screwed anyway you look at it.

26. Oct 28, 2021 at 7:01 AM
    kingspeedy1

kingspeedy1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Neil
    Vehicle:
    looking to Purchase 2021 or 2022
    I bet the Tundra Prices will be just slightly below the Ford of Comparable trims . Fords are the number 1 seller because..... ???
    I dont know. We have a 100+ F150 on our site and we get a good corporate discount on them ,but I still wouldn't buy one. I love it when their is just enough for the " F150 Ford Tough " to illuminate on the dash but the POS iwont start ..again.. Thats why Hotwheels makes so many Ford toys .So kids get used to pushing them early

TK1979 and BikiniRubi like this.
  27. Oct 28, 2021 at 7:07 PM
    AdiosRam

AdiosRam New Member

Member:
    A 2021 platinum is 52,000. I'd be shocked if it came out at 70k. Id peg it around 60

28. Oct 29, 2021 at 2:42 AM
    OH tundra

Member:
    You are absolutely correct, I believe the starting cost is around 52-53, however most are closer to 55-56k once a few options are included. I hope your right and Toyota doesn’t shift the prices that much but I wouldn’t blame them for doing it. Chevy and ford are selling high country/limited models for 70-80k without a single discount. I’m sure Toyota has noticed these crazy priced and has decided to increase the costs. A xlt f150 costs around 54-56k that’s not even fully optioned. A lot of people think these high vehicle prices are not gonna last, I think they are here to stay and manufacture's would be stupid to go back to the high inventory model when they can make a lot more money keeping inventory thin and offering no incentives. Ford and a few others have said they will begin a order only type of system, no more 500 vehicles on the lots like before. We will find out soon.

29. Oct 29, 2021 at 5:42 AM
    Suprafantx

Suprafantx New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 4X4 White Tundra TSS
    Please educate me. What is CDI?

30. Oct 29, 2021 at 5:44 AM
    FO LO

FO LO New Member

Member:
    Vehicle: