1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Poll: 2018+ TSS Radar/Precollision Problems

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2014+)' started by silverhack, Aug 22, 2018.

?

Do you have recurring TSS Radar/Pre-collision warning problems?

1. NO: stock suspension (or new shocks set at stock height)

47.7%
  2. NO: leveled/no rake (+2 front only or 3/1)

8.8%
  3. NO: lifted with no rake (over 3" front lift and no rake or <1" difference front/back)

2.1%
  4. NO: lifted with rake (1" or more difference front/back)

5.9%
  5. YES: stock suspension (or new shocks set at stock height)

28.9%
  6. YES: leveled/no rake (+2 front only or 3/1)

3.8%
  7. YES: lifted with no rake (over 3" front lift AND no rake or <1" difference front/back)

1.7%
  8. YES: lifted with rake (1" or more difference front/back)

1.3%
  1. Feb 18, 2019 at 5:47 AM
    Joe Dirt

Joe Dirt New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    Sunriver, Oregun
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2018 SR5 4X4 DC
    I just traveled from Sunriver to Salem and mine quit also. It was Blizzard conditions most of the way and I was in 4 wd . Snow had built up about 1" on the front of the truck. When I hit Salem it was raining and melted the snow and all was normal. Same on the way home, the engineer who designed this system anticipated rain and all elements but snow. Non issue to me.

2. Feb 18, 2019 at 8:19 PM
    jddepp

jddepp New Member

Member:
    So I will tell you my experience. Two sensor replacements as well as several trips to my dealer. Someone from Toyota Corp came down. He advised my toll tag was too close to the camera. The white off the tag when the sun hits it causes the sensor to mis-read. That is the story at least. They moved my toll tag to the left of the black box instead of directly below the black box that the mirror is attached to. So give me a week or so and I will tell you if this light trips more than 2 or 3 times in three days in a row. As that is what it has done. Oh they state that it coming on every once in a while is normal. It sometimes has to auto calibrate. I still think it is nonsense as my wife has a highlander, same year model. Her's never comes on. So if it is the same tech, you would expect the same behavior. But what do I know.

3. Feb 18, 2019 at 8:55 PM
    CamaroSsToTundra

CamaroSsToTundra New Member

Member:
    I don’t have this issue either with my 2018 stock Tundra. And I already put 10,000 miles on it.

4. Feb 21, 2019 at 12:53 PM
    Chris57

Chris57 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra
    None
    I’ve had my 2018 Tundra in the shop twice now for the PCS sensor. The 1st time they replaced it. The problem with the sensor actually got worse. It turns on and off everyday no matter the weather. I’m at the dealership today 2/21/2019 and the service department just informed me that Toyota has now admitted that there is a problem with the sensor and they don’t have a fix for it at this time. There’s really nothing they can do at this point until Toyota comes up with a fix. This has just been more of a nuisance than anything. Still the best truck I’ve ever owned. I’m confident that Toyota will figure this out.

Products Discussed in

To Top