1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

P1613 code solved and AIP bypass from Hewitt Tech

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by *D*, Aug 4, 2019.

1. Aug 4, 2019 at 3:38 PM
    *D*

*D* [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dimitri
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    ‘24 DC Long Bed 4x4 SR5
    Hey everybody. I just wanted to put this out there in case it helps someone else. I’m also writing to thank Hewitt Technologies for saving us all a lot of money and aggravation- buy the bypass kit, you’ll be glad you did!
    My 07 Tundra is hands down the best car I’ve ever owned. At 12 years old, it’s still fast, comfortable, does everything I need it to (I’m a contractor), and has been a dream in terms of maintenance. I only recently started having some problems, one of which was the truck going into limp mode because of the AIP. I did my research and ordered the Hewitt Tech bypass kit. It’s been a month since I put it in and the truck is back to normal.
    My apprehension about buying this kit was that I got a P1613 code (Secondary Air Injection System Driver). The bypass kit won’t fix this, but luckily for me, my driver wasn’t bad. It must have thrown that code because the whole system wasn’t working. For reference that part is about $400 and you will only be able to get it at Toyota or the junkyard (could be different for you- I live in New England).
    One more time- buy the bypass kit. If you want to know what I struggled with, just reply to this and I’ll help you out. Thanks again to Hewitt Tech.

2. Aug 4, 2019 at 3:43 PM
    *D*

*D* [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dimitri
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    ‘24 DC Long Bed 4x4 SR5
  3. Feb 1, 2020 at 4:55 AM
    zombie

zombie Master at Something

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black DC 4x4
    Middletown RI here> I have an 07 with a hum under the manifold and suspecting it's the AIP system, and looking to bypass it, before things go wrong. Everything else about the truck is great, but nothings perfect. Where did you get the Bypass? I'm not sure it is the humming issue yet. Could be the TPS motor thingamagig.

Products Discussed in

To Top