1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Overheard a couple of Ram fanboys today

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Shamrock92, Aug 7, 2022.

1. Aug 10, 2022 at 8:38 PM
    Cpl_Punishment

Cpl_Punishment Young men never die.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    Boost Auto mirrors, RSB, Leer Legend canopy, Line-X bed liner
    My dad's 1986 Suzuki outboard has been super reliable. The only issues he's had with it have been due to my mom hitting a rock and muskrats chewing the wiring.

My grandfather's 1985 Ram 150 was the same. My uncle's 1993 250 Cummins was the first of many crappy Dodges he's owned, though they've still been better than the Fords he's owned.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2022
    Sierradevil likes this.
  2. Aug 10, 2022 at 10:15 PM
    sn_85

sn_85 New Member

Member:
    Boise
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC Tundra 4WD, 2013 Land Cruiser, 2022 RAM 2500 Bighorn
    My brother has a Challenger Hellcat Redeye, Durango SRT Hellcat, and just took delivery of a TRX. Yes I think it's a little absurd and I personally wouldn't buy any one of those vehicles but it's his money so he can do with it as he pleases. The pro is that he's my brother and I can visit him and drive them like it's not mine lol.

pvmike likes this.
  3. Aug 11, 2022 at 3:32 PM
    Shamrock92

Shamrock92 [OP] New Member

Member:
    I used to laugh at the serious hate guitarist have towards working professional non musician types (ie the types with initial type jobs like Dr - Esq or PhD) who spend the $$ on things like a Dumble amp or a Private Stock PRS - just because of the magical tone fairy dust they are supposed to be sprinkled in.

Then I started this threat and realized how much there is for 6 figure truck owners.

This just reinforces my original position - buy what you like - but quit telling me it’s “better” because some glossy brochure or some “industry” magazine tells you it is. Just like a $300 MIM tele and a blues deluxe amp can sound good in the hands of a pro and a $50k PRS through a $100k Dumble can sound like shit in hands of someone who is just not that good - a beat to shit old truck can outperform a TRX, Raptor or Cashtone Tundra in the right hands. I drew my line at 50k - others draw it lower than that and I honestly think they were closer to the mark. If it weren’t for a lack of selection- stupid high used prices and stupidity on my part thinking a Pro is somewhat better because of the price tag - I’d probably be driving a used 2017 Limited/Platinum or 1794 with mods. But I’m in what I’m in and I’m happy with it. It’s not perfect - but it’s closer than any of the 100k mistakes are in my mind.

Jernik likes this.
  4. Aug 11, 2022 at 3:57 PM
    Jernik

Jernik New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM Tundra Crewmax
    True, but even though crap guitars in pro hands can sound very good, finely tuned high end guitars in pro hands can create an orgasm for your ears. Similarly, I watch in awe of what Ken Block can do with a high powered, specially tuned vehicle.

Problem is, with guitars, amps AND cars/trucks, more people THINK they are pros than actually are. 99% of you all would get by just fine with the cheapest base model. ;)

Sierradevil likes this.
  5. Aug 11, 2022 at 6:09 PM
    akmerle

akmerle New Member

Member:
    Wasilla, AK
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Platinum & 2020 Jeep SRT
    Doesn’t change that your original premise is categorically incorrect.

Metrics don’t care about feelings or emotions. You can’t build a new $50K truck that matches, let alone is better than a new $100K TRX across all metrics with the same driver.

Come with all the caveats you want, but they are excuses and moving the goalposts with a flawed argument.

Products Discussed in

To Top