1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Official Supercross Thread

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by sdhq_offroad, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Apr 9, 2017 at 6:41 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Looks great! I was going to mention the Buy/Sell section on here to post them up if you didn't want to keep em' as spares.

2. Apr 22, 2017 at 7:29 PM
    Morgan51

Morgan51 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Inferno CM Tundra TRD
    How about this championship fight we have on our hands? Dungey & Tomac tied in the points standings with only three races left! Looking forward to some good racing tonight :thumbsup:

MotoTundra likes this.
  3. Oct 24, 2018 at 7:19 PM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Bob_Wiley, BestGen and J4RR3N4 like this.
  4. Jan 9, 2022 at 7:53 AM
    Wallygator

Wallygator Well Zippedy Da Do!

Member:
    Bump!

AZBoatHauler and Baja Mike like this.
  5. Jan 9, 2022 at 7:58 AM
    Wallygator

Member:
    -I hope Craig keeps riding like he did last night, dude was on it.

-I look to see Barcia to get some payback cuz Anderson is the type of dude that will not let that go....but come on Anderson! You just passed the one 450 rider that will take anyone out and you go high in the next corner?

-The Musquin take out surprised me cuz Marv is usually clean unless it's for the win.

-Happy to see Stewart is finally in shape and battling.

-Please Sexton, stay healthy!

-Congrats Roczen! Nice ride.

Bob_Wiley likes this.
  6. Jan 9, 2022 at 8:42 AM
    ATV25

ATV25 Young at heart

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Platinum
    5100s, Icon Rebounds, Maxxis Razors
    Glad to see the track was a little more challenging, the whoops, than the normal opener. Good racing last night.

7. Jan 9, 2022 at 8:49 AM
    Bob_Wiley

Bob_Wiley I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful...

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black SR5 Crewmax 5.7 FFV
    Colt Nichols took a hard fall, word on the interwebs is that he broke both arms, puncture wound to the hip, and some burns from the exhaust pipe. Ouch!

Kenny looked solid, he charged the whole night and never let up. Solid ride for him!

Wallygator likes this.
  8. Jan 9, 2022 at 9:44 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    I was watching with my son and I said “Anderson got Bam Bam” and my son looks at me like “why Bam Bam?”. Then Barcia cleaned out Anderson and I said “that’s why they call him Bam Bam”.

9. Jan 9, 2022 at 10:48 AM
    r1-superstar

r1-superstar Kailua Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    DB
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    2018 TUNDRA CM SR5 TRD SPORT 4x4 MGM
    It was great to see the stadium at near capacity! That was the biggest win for me!!!

Craig for the championship!
    Nichols is out for 22. Swoll???
    ET3??? WTH man.
    Anderson looks comfortable and fast! Ride smart man.
    Roczen? That was a surprise.
    Sexton can do it!
    The rest is racing...
    Glad SX is back. I was jonesing for some two-wheel racing!

Bob_Wiley, Wallygator and ATV25 like this.
  10. Jan 9, 2022 at 12:11 PM
    Bob_Wiley

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I haven’t seen any updates about Swoll. I was kinda surprised they gave the red flag — didn’t look like a serious crash, but must have been bad if he got carted off.

ET3 wasn’t bad or great, not really surprised for the first race of the season.

Wallygator likes this.
  11. Jan 9, 2022 at 12:30 PM
    Wallygator

Member:
    Swoll looked like he racked his head pretty hard so a possible neck injury also (probably why the red flag).

An yeah ET3 will be fine. Sixth in the first race of the season for him is almost as good as a podium. :D

alee891 and Bob_Wiley[QUOTED] like this.
  12. Jan 10, 2022 at 7:38 AM
    alee891

alee891 Rather Be Dead

Member:
    Now/here
    Vehicle:
    Shitbox
    Swoll self reported that he was lights out on track, that's why they red flagged.

Let's not count out Coop. Coop looked way better than I thought he was going to. He's already playing the game on Kenny if you ask me.

Sexton has a shot if he keeps it upright. Curious what happened to Ferrandis after Chase stalled him up in the woops. He finished like 16th.

Wallygator and Bob_Wiley like this.
  13. Jan 21, 2022 at 5:16 PM
    r1-superstar

r1-superstar Kailua Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    DB
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    Jalek Swoll – Concussion | In
    Comment: Rockstar Energy Husqvarna Factory Racing expects Swoll to return to racing in San Diego after going down hard at A1.

2022 San Diego Supercross Injury Report - Racer X (racerxonline.com)

Bob_Wiley[QUOTED] likes this.
  14. Jan 22, 2022 at 6:00 AM
    triharder

triharder Sorry, Not Sorry

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Southern, Maine
    Vehicle:
    2010 RWB Black
    Billstein 6112/5160's, coachbuilder spacer on driver side/ 20" rockstar wheels/ 33" nitto ridge grappers/SS Brake lines (or as most people write Break), Painted Calipers/Powercoated Tow hooks/pocket flairs/heated seats,bed leds/line-x liner/xtang trifold/tow mirrors/Stereo Work/Compustar Remote Starter/ retrofit Morimoto Minin H1 and switch back LEDs/ plenty I'm forgetting
    Can't believe I'm just seeing this thread.

ET3 needs to work on starts. Guy just can't get out of the gate. if only he could. Not sure we've seen him fall back much after starts but you just can't catch these guys once your 6 or tenth off the back. Although, this Yamaha swap has me a bit worried. Not that the yzf is lacking. Just seems like his fire is bit off to me.

Adam Cincalrio. If only Eli could learn this guys starting technique. Adam is riding well for his shoulder issues (actually kinda amazing when you think about it, pack of 100% healthy guys and he's leading them two weeks in row outta the gate). Makes you wonder if only he could stay healthy.

Roczen looks good. Man he was changing the game back before his injury. Showing up highly paid, dressed to impress and with loads of confidence. (I watched that wreck again off youtube the other day. Amazing he's still riding. then to get injuried after returning was crazy too. Amazing the dedication to get back after it after these set-backs (same could be said for Dean Wilson, lot so injuries there too). Honestly if he had a confidence coach he'd be crushing it again.

Musqin. Not sure why he just can't get it together. Lots of injuries here too that nobody talks about. Not sure what we'll see outta him.

Anderson: Back on the poduim since 18 it seems. I enjoyed him getting that #1 plate but he's hasn't done much since (until last week).

Lots of talk about Sexton. I think tonight will really show how he's doing/season contender.

Now that Nicoles is out Craig seems to be dialed in. But, we'll see its a long season. (i appreciate he's up on the podium with is kids, before i had kids i thought that was weird, but now i totally get it.

I could go on forever. Looking forward to seeing Jett out on the East coast 250. Guy really could pull the crowd. Exactly what this sport needs more off.

The guy on the 125 was fun to see ripping, (but he needs a media filter). Yes the guys he as bad mouthing are a bit tough, but honestly they bring a whole lot more to the sport then just saturday night motos.

And Blair's youtube stuff after the races were some of the best stuff i've seen about the sport. The dirt werx crew, track after racing, the corner stuff, excellent stuff. I'm not enjoying the pre-race stuff. Doesn't hit home the same.

I also miss the pre-season shows that demonstrate the training, fitness and things from these guys.

Can't wait to see what tonight brings. Lots of season left.

I could go on and on.

r1-superstar and Bob_Wiley like this.
  15. Jan 22, 2022 at 7:27 AM
    Bob_Wiley

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    ET3’s performance so far isn’t totally surprising considering the switch, but I agree he doesn’t seem to be charging quite as hard as before. I agree his starts haven’t been great, but it wouldn’t surprise me to start seeing things come together for him in the next few weeks. He’s been laying down some of the fastest qualifying times, so he’s definitely a contender.

I saw that Seth Hammaker is out for a while after a practice crash earlier this week. Grade 3 spleen laceration and compression fractures in his T7 and T8 vertebrae. Amazes me what some of these guys go through when competing at the pro level. I cringe every time I think of Colt Nichols crash in A1 — two broken arms sounds horrendous.

16. Jan 22, 2022 at 8:29 AM
    r1-superstar

r1-superstar Kailua Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    DB
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    My Rocky Mountain Fantasy SX picks for tonight: Rocky Mountain ATV/MC Fantasy Supercross (rmfantasysx.com)

1st; Anderson for the WIN tonight! He is riding like the Anderson of old with a much smarter head on his shoulders. He has been the most decorated rider in San Diego so I chose him.
    2nd; Sexton, He is Fast! But not there yet for a full race. Soon...
    3rd; ET3, winning practice doesn't get you a main win or championships. He has got to get the starts dialed in. I can start faster than he does. haha
    4th; Roczen, he is still a super talented rider. I just don't see the desire like @triharder pointed out. Maybe his last year or two if he doesn't win mains or a championship.
    5th; Webb, I can't stand the guy, but he is fast and can light it up when needed.
    7th; Wild Card, Mookie. Solid top ten rider given the fact that others are faster and more consistent.

Craig will sweep this West Coast series.

17. Jan 22, 2022 at 8:52 AM
    Wallygator

Member:
    The state of where any of these guys are right now simply cannot be judged by Startocross.

The tracks are not technical at all so everyone is just about running the same lap times. It all comes down to the start with tracks like these. An as far as I'm concerned Tomac looks better than ever. The guy has never been able to start races. An now he is smart enough to know if he can catch the guy in front of him. He charges until that point then calls it and holds his position. He has a very good chance of winning this one.

Looks like San Diegos track is gonna be one in the same. The only time someone will make up time is in the whoops. Unfortunately this is how it is now.

18. Jan 22, 2022 at 10:05 AM
    triharder

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Southern, Maine
    Vehicle:
    2010 RWB Black
    Billstein 6112/5160's, coachbuilder spacer on driver side/ 20" rockstar wheels/ 33" nitto ridge grappers/SS Brake lines (or as most people write Break), Painted Calipers/Powercoated Tow hooks/pocket flairs/heated seats,bed leds/line-x liner/xtang trifold/tow mirrors/Stereo Work/Compustar Remote Starter/ retrofit Morimoto Minin H1 and switch back LEDs/ plenty I'm forgetting
    Only thing that kills me about SX is the East Coast time change and i have to be choose to not sleep or catch up tomorrow as the racing doesn't start until 2200.
    And this year peacock did a better job with adding commercials instead of dead air between events.

Mookie is fast. With is brother's street credit and what the Stewarts have been for the sport I'm surprised they don't promote the hell outta that guy. A 2 year contract does look good on him. James honestly should have gone out with more then just disappearing on a drug charge.

Yes, unfortunately it does seem like the positions get set in the first 5 laps and until Adam falls off due to injury nothing much changes unless there is an issue.

Wallygator likes this.
  19. Jan 22, 2022 at 11:15 AM
    Bob_Wiley

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    When does the East Coast start up?

20. Jan 22, 2022 at 11:17 AM
    Wallygator

Member:
    I'm just happy Mookie is finally gonna ride outdoors on a 450! (If he survives stupid cross)

21. Jan 22, 2022 at 5:15 PM
    r1-superstar

r1-superstar Kailua Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    DB
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    Qualifying is over. Track condition is going to get ugly. I can't wait for the races.

Wallygator likes this.
  22. Jan 22, 2022 at 5:34 PM
    Midnite72

Midnite72 Anything DIRT !!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    Northern MD
    Vehicle:
    18 SR 5.7 4x4
    2” level P&P sliders
    Peacock coverage is cool - but too much bullshit
    I usually up at 4am on weekdays and body can’t sleep past 4:30-5 on weekends- SUCKS

I always tape the 10pm show and get to fast forward bullshit on Sundays - works for me

I stick with Team Green - no matter what rider - always owned KAWI’s and bleed GREEN - GO EL OMBRÉ !!

Wallygator likes this.
  23. Jan 22, 2022 at 5:38 PM
    r1-superstar

r1-superstar Kailua Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    DB
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    I just downloaded the Peacock app for Roku. I watched my first live qualifying show and it was painful. The hosts are meh. Daniel Blair is annoying. I usually wait until the next day and download the races commercial-free. I will watch it live tonight on Peacock and see how I like it.

Wallygator likes this.
  24. Jan 22, 2022 at 9:16 PM
    Bob_Wiley

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    AZ
    Vehicle:
    Man, what a ride by Craig.

Wallygator and ATV25 like this.
  25. Jan 23, 2022 at 6:13 AM
    triharder

Member:
    First Name:
    Jake
    Southern, Maine
    Vehicle:
    2010 RWB Black

Can you imagine being in fourth and they guy whom was on the ground during the start just passed you like you had no business being out t here.

Actually i know the feeling well (at the local track when i'm pushing that 250/450 and the kid on the 80cc 2-stroke makes me look like I'm riding backwards.

El Ombre ran the kawi so hard it couldn't keep up. He's gotta be pissed, never saw the white husky smoking like that, (but again last three years haven't seen it much out front either). Last kawi issue was tomac at one of the first few races in 19 I think tire/rim issue? may have been earlier (dungey or villapito days)

doesn't look good for any manufacturer to have a mechanical (and the team mechanic must be crying in the pits.) I wonder what broke at high revs but you could still clear triples and such in the motor (just overheating?) Sadly nothing will get posted so us bench racers can discuss.

Eli watching Anderson pass him (like he wasn't even trying to hold the spot) for 2nd then falling back, yikes.

I know the commentary is spotty, its funny to me you could ask any football fan specifics of there players favorite food/movie and they'd know it and we're getting.
    "Felt good, wanted to ride good, but rode okay" and Ricky saying. "going to need to pass to gain positions tonight?"

If only (besides actually riding of course) you could get the causal viewer to understand how hard this sport truly is.

I can't watch motocross on tv, I've tried. love to ride it (although poorly) and its great in person. But SX really pops (glitters and shines) to help grow the sport.

ATV25 and Midnite72[QUOTED] like this.
  26. Jan 23, 2022 at 8:28 AM
    r1-superstar

r1-superstar Kailua Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    DB
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    El Hombre would have probably reeled Sexton in. He was FAST!!! I bet Kawasaki tore that bike apart this morning and dissected the entire machine to make sure that doesn't happen again. Darn dumb luck.
    Speaking of dumb luck; CRAIG is beatable if he is on the ground. Other than that, no one, not even most of the 450 field, can match his pace. haha

ET3 with the red plate? WOW! My dreams are coming true.

Sexton; wtg!!! Congrats!

If Anderson and his machine would have passed Sexton, and Roczen wouldn't have fallen down, I would have nailed all of my fantasy picks...Oh well. hahaha

ATV25, Wallygator and Bob_Wiley like this.
  27. Jan 23, 2022 at 8:43 AM
    ATV25

ATV25 Young at heart

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Platinum
    Was shocked to see smoke from Anderson's bike, was going to be fun watching him "chase" Sexton down.

28. Jan 23, 2022 at 8:45 AM
    alee891

alee891 Rather Be Dead

Member:
    Now/here
    Vehicle:
    Shitbox
    Barcia got penalized x1 position for getting tied up with Bogle a couple times in the main.

ATV25 and Wallygator like this.
  29. Jan 23, 2022 at 8:49 AM
    ATV25

ATV25 Young at heart

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Redding, CA
    Vehicle:
    2019 Platinum
    Barcia could be so much better if he could lose the bam bam attitude, he just gets caught up in the moment instead of looking forward.

Bob_Wiley and Wallygator like this.
  30. Jan 23, 2022 at 8:56 AM
    r1-superstar

r1-superstar Kailua Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    DB
    UTAH
    Vehicle:
    It was officially a radiator cap; either installed incorrectly or a failure.

ATV25 and Bob_Wiley like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top