1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

News you can use

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by Krezz, May 24, 2018.

1. May 25, 2018 at 1:50 PM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    So anticlimactic . . . :(

ColoradoTJ and Grumpy Uncle like this.
  2. May 25, 2018 at 1:57 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    No #waistband.

TXMiamiFan[QUOTED] likes this.
  3. May 25, 2018 at 2:24 PM
    209TRDPRO

209TRDPRO New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra TRD PRO
    Just lights for now
    I know jack about diesel and don't care to do research about it because it doesn't have a toyota logo on it but a buddy got a Ram 3500 and he hauls his 5th wheel like no bodies business. Funny thing is he always wants to ride in my Tundra. He pulls all sort of shit with his ram not saying my tundra can't do it but it looks pathetic hauling a big camper. Last summer first time hauling my camper and i just didn't feel the power going up a little hill and that's with on tow mode. Then again I don't haul heavy stuff around all the time so it would be pointless to have that kind of truck only to use it maybe 20% of the time. Then again I have 4x4 and have not used it yet.

4. May 25, 2018 at 8:08 PM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    Oh modern diesels are awesome for towing. No comparison. I know exactly why your buddy likes riding in your kick ass Pro, and it's probably the same reason why I choose the Lexus 95% of the time over my truck.

Diesels make really shitty daily drivers, and if you plan on keeping it for more than 4 years, the maintenance that may occur due to DD a diesel can get very expensive. That is why I have 23860 miles on my 2016 and have 92000 on my Lexus (1.5 years I put 35000 on it). Now if you trade in these nice 60K plus rigs every couple of years, not a big deal. Then again, I don't understand tearing up a diesel DD it anyway (anymore). I have done it twice, and it was spendy without even having the emissions crap they have now.

Funny, and this relates to this topic. I am chatting with a friend right now that is looking to sell his 05 Dodge 3500 and get the exact truck as mine from his Dad. Since newer trucks are in the sub 70-80K right now, his Dads truck has actually gone up in value. Hell, he can sell his 05 Dodge 3500 SLT with 175000 miles for 21000.00 all day long, and his Dads 2015 GMC 3500 with 16000 miles can go for over 50,000.00 still.

Unless a person can afford to have a very expensive truck just sitting in the garage, it just doesn't make sense. I still feel the Tundra is the best choice for the weekend warrior that doesn't tow often and really heavy. You just can't get a better platform, but I'm a little bias.

Products Discussed in

To Top