1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Newbie looking for help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Arbor3alTundra, Jan 13, 2019.

?

Which Tundra trim would be best to start out from?

1. SR5

45.8%
  2. Limited

37.5%
  3. Platinum

12.5%
  4. TRD-Pro

4.2%
  1. Jan 13, 2019 at 8:13 PM
    Mannishboy

Mannishboy New Member

Member:
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    2015 DC 4x4 Limited, Blue Ribbon Metallic.
    TRD exhaust, TRD cai, TRD rear sway bar, TRD shift knob, Sequoia front sway bar, bed extender, bed step, Weathertech floor mats and window vents, spray in bed liner, Morimoto fogs, Access tonneau bed cover.
    I don’t do any off-road stuff, and knew i wouldn’t in the future. I bought the last DC on the lot right before the new year models were coming in. This gave me a lot of negotiation room. Got a great deal. It happened to be a non trd Limited with everything I wanted. Running boards, factory spray in bed liner, remote start. Wasn’t planning on a Limited, but I’m glad I ended up with it. After following this forum, if you want to mod it up overtime, I think you couldn’t go wrong with the sr5. The 3 things about my truck that I really appreciate are the heated seats, under seat cargo and the individual temperature control. You don’t get that on a lower trim.
    I modded it for my specific needs. Sequoia sway bar up front, Trd sway bar in the rear, Bilstein 5100’s for ride and level. It’s a very behaved pavement princess.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    Arbor3alTundra[OP] likes this.
  2. Jan 13, 2019 at 8:33 PM
    Arbor3alTundra

Arbor3alTundra [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2001 Toyota Sequoia Limited 4x4 Restoration
    Thank you so much for that feedback. Could you share your decision-making process on what made you choose the double cab instead of the crewmax?

3. Jan 14, 2019 at 4:20 AM
    Mannishboy

Mannishboy New Member

Member:
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    TRD exhaust, TRD cai, TRD rear sway bar, TRD shift knob, Sequoia front sway bar, bed extender, bed step, Weathertech floor mats and window vents, spray in bed liner, Morimoto fogs, Access tonneau bed cover.
    We are empty nesters. I can count on one hand how many times I’ve had passengers in the back seat. I decided I might as well have more bed space. And honestly, I like the DC look better. This is my DD. Also, there is surprisingly amount of room in the back seat.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2019
  4. Jan 14, 2019 at 12:11 PM
    Mannishboy

Mannishboy New Member

Member:
    Indianapolis, IN
    Vehicle:
    Oh, and the dual exhaust. Just because, well, it’s a 5.7 V8. :)

5. Jan 15, 2019 at 8:06 AM
    Saged93

Saged93 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 lifted sunset 1794
    Lift, wheels, tires, led, trd sways, tint....more to come
    Welcome from Oklahoma!!! Cant go wrong with the limited!!! My first one was a limited now I'm in a 1794 edition!! All the options of a limited are very nice.....you wont regret it

Products Discussed in

To Top