1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need Help! -ABS Fuse

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by Brendanimals, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Sep 4, 2020 at 6:51 AM
    Brendanimals

Brendanimals [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brendan
    South Central PA
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tundra Double Cab SR5
    Eibach Pro Lift Struts up front 2.5" Blocks plus Sumo Springs in the back Nitto Terra Grappler G2 265/70/r17's K&N 57-9027 Cold Air Intake Pedal Commander PC-38 Throttle Response Controller
    Yesterday I replaced ABS sensors among many other things on my 2006 DC SR5. I have a weird noise and brake pedal vibration as I approach stopping speeds (under 5mph). It does not exist when braking at higher speeds or when accelerating. I believe it is a faulty ABS sensor. To diagnose this, I planned on pulling the ABS relay to see if the noise went away. I looked in the fuse box and can not figure out where the fuse is relative to the diagram. I've highlighted the ABS relays in the diagram below. Are they built into the long black and green boxes below? If so, I can't just pull these because I'll be losing all the other parts, right? Anyone have some advise?

Capture.jpg Capture2.jpg Capture3.jpg

Stevez likes this.
  2. May 8, 2021 at 10:10 AM
    Stevez

Stevez New Member

Member:
    Did you ever figure this out? I am having the exact same issue!

3. May 10, 2021 at 6:26 AM
    Brendanimals

Member:
    First Name:
    Brendan
    South Central PA
    Vehicle:
    Eibach Pro Lift Struts up front 2.5" Blocks plus Sumo Springs in the back Nitto Terra Grappler G2 265/70/r17's K&N 57-9027 Cold Air Intake Pedal Commander PC-38 Throttle Response Controller
    I did not find out unfortunately. I found out the ABS sensor that I bought on Amazon was just a bad sensor. After buying a second one and replacing again, the problem went away. OEM sensors are so expensive that I was happy to get the problem resolved even thought I had to buy a second sensor. The Amazon sensors were roughly $15-20 if I am remembering correctly.

4. May 10, 2021 at 6:54 AM
    Professional Hand Model

Professional Hand Model A.K.A ‘Golden Hands’

Member:
    First Name:
    Fred
    ‘Somewhere’... a State of Mind
    Vehicle:
    2002 Tundra SR5 4WD 4.7L AC Silver Metallica
    Hand Protectors
    Toyota Sensor bad? Or aftermarket bad?

5. May 10, 2021 at 7:07 AM
    Brendanimals

Member:
    First Name:
    Brendan
    South Central PA
    Vehicle:
    Aftermarket was bad. Second aftermarket has worked since I installed back in September 2020 with no issues at all. Below are the links of the WORKING sensors. $16-18 each. OEM sensors or even sensors from AutoZone/ Advance Auto are wayyyyy more expensive so its at least worth trying one of the cheap ones first. Like I said, they've been great for the past 8 months.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0714JXXL6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MS5LQOK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8

Products Discussed in

To Top