1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My wife is pregnant should I sell my truck?

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by TRDProLife, Feb 14, 2020.

1. Feb 15, 2020 at 5:48 PM
    TRDProLife

TRDProLife [OP] LETS GO BLUES

Member:
    St.Louis
    Vehicle:
    Barcelona Red Metallic TRD Pro Tundra
    Window Tint, ICI Magnum Steps, firestone spring helpers for towing, 295/70R18 Atturo Trsil blade X/T's
    And thanks to everyone with the kind words! We are very excited and we weren't even sure this was going to be possible!:)

2. Feb 15, 2020 at 5:56 PM
    Bucks04

Bucks04 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 TRD Tundra
    Working on it
    Same boat before , had 1rst one sold my jeep ,my trans am , and sold my bass boat , bought house in better area. Think back jumped way too early selling, really could have made it all work. To replace toys now , can't afford to , if you got it ,keep it , us guys always find a way if we just slow the thought process down. Congrats on the baby , had 3 boys , keep them all safe in TUNDRA , AND ENJOY THEM ALL.

truckguy84 and D4x4TRD like this.
  3. Feb 15, 2020 at 7:57 PM
    KarmaKannon

KarmaKannon Master of None

Member:
    Utah
    Vehicle:
    2006 Double Cab w/long travel
    Some junk
    Insert tab A into slot B and all is possible. Good luck with the kido. I didn't think I'd like being a dad as much as I have. Honestly my son has saved my life and kept my wife and I together. He gives me a reason to keep trying and succeeding. He's most of the reason I pushed so hard and made $25k more this last year and worked so hard to make my wife not hate me all the time.

Plus more Americans in the world is a good thing. Better than more Canadians or even worse... More europeans:oldglory::dancingbacon:

4. Feb 15, 2020 at 8:21 PM
    Navi

Navi New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 CrewMax Limited
    No clue what you should do. I would always encourage anyone to get out of debt and stay out of debt if at all possible.

pretty soon, this will be your world 24/7/365.

it’s gonna be awesome.

3FA8DEEA-E7F1-4A0C-AD54-EEE44E20F8EE.jpg

5. Feb 17, 2020 at 6:08 AM
    TRDProLife

Member:
    St.Louis
    Vehicle:
    Window Tint, ICI Magnum Steps, firestone spring helpers for towing, 295/70R18 Atturo Trsil blade X/T's
    Getting my arse in high gear! It took me four passes in the front room with the drum sander. It was so thick with stain. Now I need some wood stain remover or wood bleach.20200216_164750.jpg

jewsNbrews and Nit2wn like this.
  6. Feb 17, 2020 at 8:39 AM
    Slayer

Slayer Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Slayer
    Good Luck with that.
    after chemicals are introduced.. it will not accept the new stain the same.
    it will turn out better to replace those boards. It doesn't appear to be that much.
    you also might consider pulling the base molding in order to get an edge sander close to the wall.
    number them as you pull them off & pull nails from the backside to limit tear-out.

while your in the renovation mood... reverse that refer door. :rofl:

..Slayer

7. Feb 17, 2020 at 9:04 AM
    D4x4TRD

D4x4TRD New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Định
    Va beach, VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Sr5 DC TRD 4x4 Blaaaaaack baby 4.6liter
    Blacked out front grill badge Bigger tires 305/60r18 Tonneau cover
    Bucks04 has good advice. I was in same boat as him. Keep what you got. May be a challenge but for guys it’s easier to keep than to buy again later. I started off with a Toyota truck and it took me decades to get back into a truck with kids. Congratulations and good luck

8. Feb 17, 2020 at 12:17 PM
    Spaceiscool

Spaceiscool Something something.. danger zone?

Member:
    First Name:
    JL
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2008 White Tundra CM TRD
    Spray painted rims
    What is that, white/red oak? Looks exactly like my house. I had to floor half of my main level, front of the house is all old oak which ya takes forever to sand when its 100 yrs old. If you cant get that stain out with a more aggressive grit i would just relief cut a board in the middle of the stain, pull them up and relay. One of the ends of where you patch you will have to cut off the backside of the groove. Just put some PL below it and face nail it.

And congrats its the best thing in the world! I sold my civic and got a tundra when we were expecting. Great family vehicle.

TRDProLife[OP] likes this.
  9. Feb 17, 2020 at 4:21 PM
    TRDProLife

Member:
    St.Louis
    Vehicle:
    Thanks for the advice. I did pull and number the shoe boards. I will rent an edger next week.
    I will risk the $7 on the wood bleach which is actually an acid. If that doesnt work then I will replace them. There are also more spots throughout the house, but that is the worst one.

Also what's a refer door?

20200217_174652.jpg

10. Feb 17, 2020 at 5:52 PM
    Spaceiscool

Spaceiscool Something something.. danger zone?

Member:
    First Name:
    JL
    Ontario
    Vehicle:
    2008 White Tundra CM TRD
    Spray painted rims
    Im going to guess refridgerator.

11. Feb 17, 2020 at 7:05 PM
    TRDProLife

Member:
    St.Louis
    Vehicle:
    Once I am happy with it I will sand

I think its white oak. The "wood bleach" seems to be working so far. A few more applications and I think we will be good.

GODZILLA likes this.
  12. Feb 17, 2020 at 7:39 PM
    Lightning_Lad

Lightning_Lad New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Orange CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver Sky Platinum Pro
    Line x Bed liner Trifold Tonneau cover TRD PRO Dual exhaust TRD PRO sway bar TRD PRO air intake TRD PRO suspension TRD PRO LED 2019 Headlight conversion TRD 2020 Wireless charging tray TRD shift knob TRD PRO Grille TRD red anodized dust caps (+25 hp per wheel) Matt black mirror caps and door handles Tesla style Headunit KTJO 4x4 tail gate pop n lock upgrade Driver side grab handle Viper Remote start Viper alarm system 18” Method NV’s 33.5” Toyo R/T ESP Long box underseat storage 3M ceramic tint
    I’m not a dad but uncle to 3 kiddos, my wife’s niece needed baby furniture, baby stuff, soooooo much baby stuff...
    Guess who’s truck they used?

Yup, keep the Tundra, drop the hammer and pay off if possible or refi to minimize the monthly payment pain. Get the big projects done now. Like right now.
    Get off the truck forums and start knocking out projects ASAP. You’ll be excited and exhausted in a 12 months and the house will take a back burner.

I’d recommend dusty/painting projects get done ASAP, for obvious VOC and particulate reasons.

Congrats mate !

Products Discussed in

To Top