1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

My dealer has refused

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by gratefuljed, May 22, 2019.

1. May 23, 2019 at 1:14 PM
    Ibanez6224

Ibanez6224 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD OR
    You're right. I'm probably coming across argumentative as well. All good :cheers:

TomC843 likes this.
  2. May 23, 2019 at 1:15 PM
    TomC843

TomC843 The wheel weaves as the wheel wills.

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Charleston, SC
    Vehicle:
    16, 4X4, 4U3, Katzkins, Flowmaster, ARE MX, Swing cases, TRD skid plate, Volant CAI....
    You are correct seat belts save lives, 100%. Smarter and safer to wear one. NO one says different. But who cares, OP wants to turn off a "noise" in his truck and should have every right to do so.

Boerseun, Cthulhu, koditten and 2 others like this.
  3. May 23, 2019 at 1:38 PM
    Tzvia

Tzvia Just an old woman in a pickup truck.

Member:
    Los Angeles County
    Vehicle:
    2019 5.7L Limited TRD Off Road 4x4
    Just a Bed Rug and Snugtop XTRA Vision
    Hmmm. I keep thinking about that actor, played bad guys, can't remember his name. No helmet on a motorcycle and took a bad fall and cracked his noggin. Was in a Stephen Seagal movie about the navy... He didn't end up drooling on his shoes for the rest of his life so he was lucky, and defended his right to ride without a helmet after (maybe he did have a permanent loss of reason). Things like this, and defeating safety features I agree with as someone's right to choose for themselves. But with the right comes the responsibility. That actor probably has the money to cover the long term care of smashing his brains in, and the insurance too. So if someone wants to drive without their seatbelt, they should just sign a waver of all heroic life saving measures, or that they carry enough insurance or have the funds to cover life long hospice care. Otherwise, when people have a serious life changing accident because of their choice to go without a safety feature/product and they don't have the funds, we end up paying for it. Not right. Maybe being on a motorcycle with the wind in your hair is 'the way' or that no seatbelts is more comfortable and less hassle. I agree, but I don't want to pay for your choice. Pony up, or sign a waver. Our health care costs are way too high partially due to people flying through windshields without health insurance and we get stuck with it. Responsibility.
    One of my worst accidents happened not one block from my house. I wore the seatbelt, but didn't use the shoulder strap, too restrictive. I ate the steering wheel. Ever have stitches inside your mouth? Pull your lower lip (that you almost bit off) off of your lower teeth? This was my choice and yes I had health insurance. Stupid yes. Next accident, I was wearing both thank you very much, I didn't eat steering wheel.
    My Tundra doesn't beep annoyingly when I drive because my seatbelt is on. Problem solved.

PomDad and kgb4187 like this.
  4. May 23, 2019 at 2:04 PM
    radon222

radon222 '21 CrewMax / '18 4Runner

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2021 CrewMax TRD OffRoad
    Stock for now
    ^^ I think you're talking about Gary Busey?? And no, that boy ain't been right in the head since little get off o_O.

But as to the seat belt donger... yea I've been wanting to get mine shut off too, primarly the passenger side for when the mutt jumps up front.

Moon Puppy, Migraine and 15Yota like this.
  5. May 23, 2019 at 2:05 PM
    Tundyfundy

Tundyfundy Petunia The Tundra, and her sidekick Colbie

Member:
    Bay Area, CA
    Vehicle:
    Magnetic Grey DC SR5 4x4 2016
    SUSPENSION: Bilstein 6112 coilover (1.9") w/ Powder Coated Springs and Spring Perch (TRD Red), JBA Upper Control Arms, Bilstein 5160's w/Billet Aluminium Reservoir Brackets, +2 Coachbuilder Shackles, Diff Drop Kit, Carrier Bearing Drop Kit, Brakeline Extensions, ABS Extension, Poly Bushings for Leafs, Coachbuilder Shims (2 Each Side), Coachbuilder Bumpstop Extensions, TRD Rear Sway Bar, TRD Front Sway Bar, Air Lift 5000 airbags w jounce bumpers, Daystar Airbag Cradles WHEELS AND TIRES: BF Goodrich KO2's 275/70/r18, BORA wheel spacers 1.25", TRD Wheel Caps,TRD Valve Stem Caps, Spare Tire Lock PERFORMANCE: Bullydog GT Tuner(Performance Tune), TRD Intake, TRD Dual Exhaust (with Modified Exhaust Hangers for Levelling Tail Pipe),TRD Brake Pads, TRD Oil Cap (US), TRD Radiator Cap, TRD Oil Filter, Optima Yellow Top Battery,GP Battery Distribution Blocks, StopTech Slotted Cryo Treated Rotors, Goodridge G-Stop Steel Braided Brake Line Kit PROTECTION: PNP Engineering Type 4 Rock Sliders (With Full Dimple Plate) ,ADD Stealth Fighter Rear Bumper w Red/Blk Shackles and Custom Stomp Pad, TRD Skid Plate with ReadyLift Spacer Kit, Victory 4x4 LCA Skid Plates, JOMAX ABS Sensor Armor, Rear Diff Breather Mod, ARK splash guards INTERIOR: Husky Liners X-Act (Front and Full Coverage Rear and Front Weather Beater Trans Hump), Interior LED Bulbs, WheelSkins Genuine Leather Steering Wheel Cover(EuroPerf), Clazzio Genuine Leather Seat Covers(BLK/DRK GRYwith custom stitching and embroidered headrests), Clazzio Seat Heaters (Front and Rear), Entune Startup Screen MOD, Entune Off Screen Mod, Tinted Windows with Windshield Visor, AJT Key Fobs,Eagle Claws Floor Mat Clips, Bodyglove Visor Organizer,Custom Door Cup Inserts, Glass Break Sensor,AJT Radio Knobs, Custom Dior Cup Inserts EXTERIOR: Full Debadge, LED Brake Light Bulbs, LED Rear Turns, LED Reverse, LED Plate Lights, LED Cargo Lights, LED Third Brake Lights, LED Front Marker Lights, LED Fog Light Bulbs, Lamin-X Fog Light Covers (Amber),2018 OEM LED Headlights, iHacker harness, VLED Universal Puddle Lights, VLED Interior Footwell Lighting (Front and Rear),VLED Extreme Amber Fornt Turns, NSV Knight Rider Light bar, Baja Designs Sport Squadron Pods in Rear Bumper (Driving/wide), Painted Red Tow-hooks, Bed Rail System, Blind Spot Mirrors, Hitch-safe, Tail-gate lock, EAG Raptor Grille, Custom Grille Badge,Full Vinyl Wrap (Matte Black/Matte Pine Green Mettalic), Charvonia Designs Tie Bed Tie-Downs, Bull Ring Bed Rail Anchors, Line-X, Tundra Bed Mat, Bakflip F1 Bed Cover SOUND: Noico 80Mil Sound Deadening and Noico 170 Mil Thermal Insulation (All 4 Doors, Roof, Floors, Rear Panel, Dash). Hertz Uno K170's Component Speakers (Front Doors with Upgraded Sail Panels), Hertz Uno K170 Coaxial Speakers (Rear Doors), JBL C1-075ct Tweeters (Total 4) in Side Dash and Center Speaker, JBL Stadium 5 Amp w/Remote Bass Adjustment Knob and Amp Rack, 12" Infinity Reference Subwoofer in Custom Enclosure w/ “TUNDRA” Logo, Fast Rings Foam Speaker Rings System(4 Doors), Fix 86 DSP
    Bullydog! I took off the seatbelt chime AND the speed limiter.

Watt maker and Taco-Blender like this.
  6. May 23, 2019 at 2:12 PM
    hagrid

hagrid The most diverse of Diversity Hires!

Member:
    First Name:
    Spraynard
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    K1600GTL ZX-14R
    paynuss stretchers
    Concilliation?

Damn you all. My tickle bees, due to lack of a valid target, have turned their ticklish wrath upon me.

The net result is I no longer have the ability to ward off hit-n'-run attacks perpetrated by my puppy-beastesses and kitty-beastesses, rendering me quite inert.

There will be vengeance.

GODZILLA likes this.
  7. May 23, 2019 at 2:26 PM
    hagrid

hagrid The most diverse of Diversity Hires!

Member:
    First Name:
    Spraynard
    Pittsburgh
    Vehicle:
    K1600GTL ZX-14R
    paynuss stretchers
    It shall not stand!

8. May 23, 2019 at 2:36 PM
    gratefuljed

gratefuljed [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    Land of Enchantment
    Vehicle:
    2019 TUNDRA SR5 LB
    you all are funny. I know my life has been spared because of seat belts, that is why I wear them. In fact, I feel naked and afraid without it prolly because I'm out with other cages and policemen. I'm just sick of getting down the road with the beep because the wife needs that beep to put hers on. I'm just trying to stimulate her brain lol. The owners manual does say the beep is a customizable feature that the dealer can turn off. Why the hect won't they?

9. May 23, 2019 at 3:00 PM
    shellshock

shellshock Guy who drives a lot

Member:
    Iowa
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO
    I’m not aware of a vehicle you can not disable it in. I’ve disabled the beeper in a 16 & 17 Tacoma and in my 19 tundra. Takes about 10 seconds with TS or Carista

10. May 23, 2019 at 3:07 PM
    proROB

proROB New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Temecula, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TRD PRO
    liability likely, if you got in a car accident and crashed, they would be seriously liable if they helped you defeat a safety feature.

11. May 23, 2019 at 3:08 PM
    New2Tundra

New2Tundra New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Darryl
    Vehicle:
    Barcelona Red 2017 DC SR5 4x4
    :rofl::rofl:

12. May 23, 2019 at 3:46 PM
    ToyotaTundraMike

ToyotaTundraMike Not A New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Had same issue, dealer would turn off passenger but not driver for whatever reason. Went with the $5 imitation clip on eBa and never looked back. Mine even says “TRD” on it. Pop it out and put it in cup holder when I want to wear seatbelt.

13. May 23, 2019 at 7:39 PM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    I think the naysayers came over from the Tacoma forum. A bunch of them on there too on this topic. I just figure they are city snickers from southern Ca..

koditten and Watt maker like this.
  14. May 23, 2019 at 8:32 PM
    Bergmen

Bergmen New Member

Member:
    Ukiah, California
    Vehicle:
    2018 Blazing Blue Pearl DC 4X2 SR5
    Good lord, there were several decades of seat belts in autos and trucks with no beeper. How the hell did we all survive this?

Dan

OR18TRD, koditten and Watt maker like this.
  15. May 23, 2019 at 8:39 PM
    TWJLee

TWJLee No Thanks

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    2020 Limited DC TRad OR 2020 F150 5.0 single cb 2001 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5spd AC cab
    GFC Borla XS Ceramic Tint 2” lift on Fox 2.0 -aal- Methods on 33
    Just get the Carista for $20
    You can read codes and change things like your seat belt chime. Works on multiple vehicles too.

https://youtu.be/Lx8NdN1wlJ4

Migraine likes this.
  16. May 23, 2019 at 9:24 PM
    TWJLee

TWJLee No Thanks

Member:
    First Name:
    J
    Midwest
    Vehicle:
    2020 Limited DC TRad OR 2020 F150 5.0 single cb 2001 Tacoma 4x4 2.7 5spd AC cab
    GFC Borla XS Ceramic Tint 2” lift on Fox 2.0 -aal- Methods on 33
    TechStream offers more I believe, the Carista is basic but reads codes, resets CEL, some options can be changed like seat belts (D&P) turn signal blinks, etc...so for $20 screw the dealer, & save your time.

Migraine likes this.
  17. May 23, 2019 at 9:38 PM
    trdprobped17

trdprobped17 New Member

Member:
    Ha ha ha. It’s the world that we live in today. The dealership is only protecting its own ass. Even though, you may have no underlying motives to gain financial rewards from the dealership, and or, Toyota. Many others out there do.

You may be able to find someone or place that shall be willing to do the things that you want. There is also YouTube for guidance and examples.

18. May 24, 2019 at 1:17 AM
    L3TT3RS

L3TT3RS New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Vehicle:
    19 Tundra
    Fox/Total Chaos/Coachbuilder
    Fwiw, the setting for the chime applies to both the driver and passenger... So if you had a legitimate reason for turning off the passenger side... Dogs... Paper route where papers weight set off alarm.... You still get light on dash and it still blinks but doesn't beep anymore.

koditten likes this.
  19. May 24, 2019 at 4:24 AM
    Moon Puppy

Moon Puppy I'm not new!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Limited
    I think he is drooling on his shoes but they put him in front of the camera anyway.

20. May 24, 2019 at 8:01 AM
    ToyotaTundraMike

ToyotaTundraMike Not A New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra
    Thank you. I couldn’t say it without being a dick about it. There’s always one or two seatbelt police on these threads.

21. May 28, 2019 at 11:13 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    hagrid[QUOTED] likes this.
  22. May 30, 2019 at 12:29 AM
    Twise

Twise More punk than you...

Member:
    First Name:
    Trever
    Temecula, California
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Cmax TRD Off-road
    Fox 2.5 /w DSC CO’s and Rear Shocks, Total Chaos UCA’s, 17” Rock Warriors /w 35 12.5 17 BFG AT KO2’s, Powerstop Rotors and Pads Front And Rear and The stereo is really nice.
    Go to wrecking yard. Buy seatbelt male end from total loss. They just let me take it. Throw in center console. Plug into seatbelt when on 2 mile driveway or any other place that seatbelt is not needed. Worked for me for years.

23. May 30, 2019 at 5:35 AM
    Greybeard

Greybeard Retiree in training

Member:
    Forsyth Georgia
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 Double Cab
    What's the big deal with changing the oil filter cap to something much better than the cheap plastic one?

24. May 30, 2019 at 5:54 AM
    koditten

koditten New Member

Member:
    The ears on the plastic ones are prone to breaking off and the plastic ones swell more when they are hot. Makes them hard to remove.

25. May 30, 2019 at 6:13 AM
    PlatinumPro

PlatinumPro New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 PlatinumPro Crewmax
    Bilstein 6112+5100s, Rigid Lighting, Fuel 20x9 Bronze Blitz
    I bought 2 male ends off of Amazon that showed up in 3 days. The TRD badging on them also results in an undeniable 10-12 HP so I have that going for me as well.

hagrid and koditten like this.
  26. May 30, 2019 at 6:46 AM
    gratefuljed

gratefuljed [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    john
    Land of Enchantment
    Vehicle:
    2019 TUNDRA SR5 LB
    That sux, I didn’t realize I lost 10-12 hp when I took off the trd badging!!
    So, I still drive with my seat belt.
    I sourced the metal cap from the parts counter, they compared it to the plastic one on my truck and said it would not work because of the tube. I took the new tube out and said replace with the longer tube. Service guy came back and said no.
    As to the buzzer, the manual clearly says the dealer can turn it off, but again, the dealer said no.

All is still well!

PlatinumPro likes this.
  27. May 30, 2019 at 6:07 PM
    atvhappy

atvhappy New Member

Member:
    There was a chart near the end of my 14' owner's manual that said that dealer could turn off the chime. I took the manual and showed them and after they saw that, they turned it off for me. Charged me around 18 dollars. I have a farm and didn't want the chime going crazy every time I am riding around out there.

28. Jun 1, 2019 at 12:07 PM
    W Bill

W Bill New Member

Member:
    Found this thread, now checking into Techstream / Carista. :thumbsup:

29. Jun 1, 2019 at 12:16 PM
    KFed

KFed New Member

Member:
    East Tennessee
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Crewmax TRD Sport
    Tinted windows, Black badge overlays, ProZ hard bed cover, 32" grille light, 30" lower bumper light,...
    Picked these up online...
    Screenshot_20190601-151408.jpg

30. Jun 1, 2019 at 1:54 PM
    Ps3udonymous

Ps3udonymous Who is the smart ass that changed the title?

Member:
    This is absolutely horse chit. They wouldn't disable the annoying ass beeping that tells you to put your seatbelts on? Who the fuck do they think they are? That's your vehicle!! You paid for it with your money!! It takes less time to turn of the bell in techstream than it does to actually put the buckle in. Ridiculous. You should elevate this to corporate and tell them that this dealership is hot trash because they would disable a reminder bell to tell you to put on your belt while you go down a two mile driveway. Tell them too, that you want your airbags turned or and want your traction control disabled for good. I'm so ashamed of Toyota for prohibiting this. We shall also begin to petition to get the instructions removed off of shampoo!

hagrid and koditten like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top