1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mgm16trdpro build

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Builds (2014-2021)' started by mgm16trdpro, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Nov 10, 2017 at 7:51 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro [OP] Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Just a group of pics showing the tint/rain guard combo.
    20170618_194332.jpg 20170618_195249.jpg 20170618_194257.jpg

2. Nov 10, 2017 at 7:55 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Awww, tnx buddy, I appreciate it. I love my truck, but there are quite a few really nice ones out there. Even just on this site there is. Shit ur truck is no slouch. Even a stock tundra looks great. Not too long ago those were my intentions lol.

3. Nov 19, 2017 at 8:53 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Just thought I'd let anyone know who might be interested as I am. Temptation has won over me again. This Friday DAP tuning is running a black friday sale on their remote tunes and other goodies. It is for this day only, so pay attention to any time zone difference.

For less than the price of just his remote tune normally, on the Black Friday sale I will be getting the stage 2 which includes the tune, handheld, AFE filter, ect. I said I wasn't going to do it until the new year, oh well, I lied. The Black Friday $100+ off sale made me do it.

Cfincke, aperezsh and soarvet like this.
  4. Nov 20, 2017 at 6:15 AM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Eclipsed & Floating Over it.........

Member:
    I’m right where I need to be
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    X2

mgm16trdpro[OP] likes this.
  5. Nov 20, 2017 at 6:17 AM
    Eclipsed & Floating

Eclipsed & Floating Over it.........

Member:
    I’m right where I need to be
    Vehicle:
    Voluptuous Whitey
    That quad looks a little big for him. Might wanna size down until he can reach the footpegs!!! :cool:

6. Nov 20, 2017 at 8:32 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    My 8 yr old can handle by himself as I ride on the 90 cc raptor with this 1. This 1 is too crazy to give thst much power, even with me on it too, lol.

7. Nov 25, 2017 at 9:26 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Sorry guys been crazy busy lately. The next addition was a resolution to the problem of me hitting the factory antenna everytime I entered or exited the garage. So I wanted a smaller length antenna that I could still get good reception.

I like the fact that it's beefy in diameter and looks like a truck antenna imo. Not a huge fan of the tiny skinny ones it seems that everyone else has. I like to be different. So upon great research I decided on the AMI big stick antenna. I got it in black and 7 inches. They have a pretty big selection to fit your needs.

20170621_185906.jpg 20170620_163828.jpg 20170620_163817.jpg 20170620_163756.jpg 20170620_163720.jpg 20170620_163558.jpg

8. Nov 25, 2017 at 9:33 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    So I have to come clean here. Time to confess and repent. I know I said I was going to do this build thread in part as a distraction to keep me from spending more money. The reason I've been lacking on the posts lately and why I'm going to leave off with just the antenna is because I've been not only working alot and hard but because I've been doing a ton of research for some goodies this past black Friday.

I may have been a bad boy the past few days and may or may not have just spent over another grand on a bunch of stuff including headlights, fog lights, and a tune. Allegedly I have a mod addiction. Oh well, you only live once and can't take it with you. I'll get into those additions soon so stay tuned. (See what I did there, stay tuned, wooaaaahhhhhaaaa.

Nickj619 and aperezsh like this.
  9. Dec 2, 2017 at 9:08 AM
    scout495

scout495 New Member

Member:
    I finally did the Go Rhino bumper Mike. Line X’d it, went with the rigid diffused lights, and had it installed. The one thing I don’t like is that the license plate lights replace your license plate screws and they are not long enough to have a plate surround. Also I had HID in my stock bumper and these are LED. Other than that the bumper is very pleasing to me right now. Here are some pics. 14C12DA5-9534-4C22-A893-29DECDFFDA9A.jpg

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  10. Dec 2, 2017 at 9:09 AM
    scout495

scout495 New Member

Member:
  11. Dec 2, 2017 at 9:22 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    It looks awesome, money well spent.

12. Dec 3, 2017 at 5:36 AM
    scout495

scout495 New Member

Member:
    Thx Mike!

13. Dec 3, 2017 at 11:57 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
  14. Dec 3, 2017 at 1:16 PM
    scout495

scout495 New Member

Member:
    To Line X them it was $240. Bumper itself slightly under $800. And the lights another $200. Not cheap, but looks great and is functional.

Watt maker and mgm16trdpro[OP] like this.
  15. Dec 3, 2017 at 1:46 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Nevermind answering private convo. Just saw it. Tnx for info. Yeah nothing is cheap. I've already probably spent almost 12k. Never thought I would.

aperezsh likes this.
  16. Dec 3, 2017 at 2:19 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Next up, changed all the interior lighting to vled leds. Everything from console to vanity ect and even installed front and rear footwell kit.
    This is what order looked like.
    20170621_165335.jpg
    It was pretty easy. Just pop out the stock shit bulbs and insert leds. Every single inside bulb is now a vled led. I'm very happy with them.
    20170621_185448.jpg 20170621_185434.jpg 20170621_223215.jpg They are bright AF. This pic is thru the rear tinted glass.
    20170621_223441.jpg Pitch black in garage to give idea how bright20170621_223841.jpg With footwell behind driver, without behind passenger to show difference.
    20170624_201400.jpg 20170624_201340.jpg Front and rear footwell installed.
    20170712_205849.jpg

17. Dec 3, 2017 at 2:23 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    love my Vleds. great LED brand.

mgm16trdpro[OP] likes this.
  18. Dec 3, 2017 at 2:25 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    ^^^agreed, love em

19. Dec 3, 2017 at 5:19 PM
    SullyMoto19

SullyMoto19 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2017 Magnetic Gray SR5 5.7 4X4
    8" ReadyLift w/ ReadyLift and Bilstein Adjustable Coilovers w/ Reservoirs, 3" PA Body Lift, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 24x14 RBP Atomics (custom powdercoat Gloss Black), 40x15.5r24 RBP Repulsor, Relentless Fabrication Stealth bumper, N-Fab side steps, Bedlined/Paintmatched Honeycomb Grill, 2019 LED Headlights, 4 Backlit RBG Cubes, 16 RGB PlashLight Rocklights, 5% Tint & Brow, 2 10" Kicker CVT Subs with Kicker Amp in custom sealed box, Husky all weather floor mats, LED White interior bulbs
    Do you know what you're bumper brackets look like?

20. Dec 3, 2017 at 5:53 PM
    scout495

scout495 New Member

Member:
    Go Rhino sends brackets with the bumper. If you go on YouTube they have installation videos.

21. Dec 3, 2017 at 6:08 PM
    SullyMoto19

SullyMoto19 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    8" ReadyLift w/ ReadyLift and Bilstein Adjustable Coilovers w/ Reservoirs, 3" PA Body Lift, Fox 2.0 Shocks, 24x14 RBP Atomics (custom powdercoat Gloss Black), 40x15.5r24 RBP Repulsor, Relentless Fabrication Stealth bumper, N-Fab side steps, Bedlined/Paintmatched Honeycomb Grill, 2019 LED Headlights, 4 Backlit RBG Cubes, 16 RGB PlashLight Rocklights, 5% Tint & Brow, 2 10" Kicker CVT Subs with Kicker Amp in custom sealed box, Husky all weather floor mats, LED White interior bulbs
    Yeah I picked it up on OfferUp for $300.. but the brackets the guy gave me seem weird lol I can't find a list of parts on the internet for the bumper

22. Dec 4, 2017 at 4:14 PM
    scout495

scout495 New Member

Member:
    If you pull that YouTube video up, it will show all the parts. It was made by Go Rhino as a reference.

23. Dec 4, 2017 at 6:25 PM
    SullyMoto19

SullyMoto19 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Yeah I found it.. they want $150+ shipping for the brackets.. only thing stopping me is the 4 week lead time -__-

24. Dec 9, 2017 at 8:03 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    For the longest time the stock tails were killing me. I prefer to keep things oem and add to the truck making it better. I almost pulled the trigger on the tinted winjets but have heard reviews of fitment issues. I might still do it 1 day but it don't rank high on my priority mental mod list.

I needed to do something with the tails in the meantime of waiting for another member to customize some tundra tails in leds. Since that big piece of chrome in them made me throw up in my mouth every time I looked at the rear of my truck I needed to do something immediately.

I saw a cheap way $10 approx to get rid of the nasty chrome in tails from TCT wraps online. Thanks to @BlueBottle I was able to preview the look on a mgm. They sell the tinted film precut in a pair. After applying these myself I actually think it looks so good on a mgm that I might even keep it like this.

Winjets, smokedtails.com, and that members custom oem tail is still a possibility down the road, but as I mentioned before I really like the look and it no longer ranks high on my priority list. When all else is done who knows but for now, here's how it tuned out. I only wish there were more cheap yet effective mods out there for our trucks like this. Sometimes it's the little things, just wish there were more things I could do for around $20 bucks that I liked.

20170805_162153.jpg 20170805_162332.jpg 20170805_165957.jpg 20170805_162452.jpg

25. Dec 9, 2017 at 8:23 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Matter of fact, I liked the look of the tinted tail reverse section so much I decided to contact TCT wraps again to see if I could darker the chrome to match in the cargo section of the 3rd. Although they don't sell a precut piece like the tail section, they were awesome to work with and they took care of me by sending me out a bunch of smaller pieces of the tint so I could cut myself. Here's how it turned out. I think it came out great, it was cheap, and accomplishes the task of ridding the very little chrome left on my truck.

20170831_212137.jpg 20170901_011348.jpg
    Just as a fyi, there's next to zero light loss through the tint, that's even without using leds.
    20170831_212037.jpg
    Here's how they look together. They match and look great imo. Keeps the lights oem and costs next to nothing to accomplish the task of losing the chrome in the reflector bowls. Very minimal loss of light output and that's with the stock halogen bulbs still.
    20170901_152057.jpg 20170901_152046.jpg 20170917_174452.jpg 20171005_123405.jpg 20171101_182203.jpg

26. Dec 9, 2017 at 8:35 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I know some of you might be saying, oh wow, a piece of tint on a light don't really count as a mod. I agree, I'm just throwing it all out there just in case anyone else is interested in a cheap but effective change for the better imo.

Don't worry, my next posting is a serious group of mods. It def qualifies as a mod and it's significantly more expensive than a piece of tint.

The next group of mods on the list in chronological order should please the off roaders, lighting enthusiasts, and everyone in between. Stay tuned, I'll try to post between tomorrow and next weekend.

jewsNbrews likes this.
  27. Dec 10, 2017 at 4:58 AM
    borntostun

borntostun New Member

Member:
    Very nice . . . is this a kit that can be purchased somewhere?

28. Dec 10, 2017 at 10:33 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Your best bet is to call vled and tell them what u want to change. The footwells come in a front and rear footwell led kit. But if u call them and tell them what u want to change they'll hook u up.

29. Dec 10, 2017 at 7:47 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    So I'd like to just about catch up to where I am currently minus the bunch of products I just did this past weekend. That plus the fact I did a very detailed build thread on this next mod. Most questions and detailed info can be found there so I'm not going to beat it to death here again. If anyone has any questions always feel free to reach out. So here we go with the next big major mod.

I installed a Southern Style Off-Road slimline hybrid bumper with a Warn platinum Xeon 10s winch and Baja Designs s8 30" lightbar in driving combo. I got everything from SSO and the owner Kevin is an awesome guy to do business with.

I absolutely love this combo. The bumper is fantastic looking and tough, it secures from theft the winch and lightbar, and provides extra protection. The winch is strong and fast, love the wireless remote and clutch. The s8 lightbar looks killer and throws crazy amounts of light.

Here's how it turned out
    20170820_150732.jpg 20170902_165901.jpg 20170902_165705.jpg 20170903_182758.jpg 20171104_222206.jpg 20171104_222211.jpg

30. Dec 10, 2017 at 8:02 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I then took it from there and added the Factor 55 prolink with a couple other goodies to clean up the front and get my winch game on point.
    20171003_171310.jpg 20171004_161446.jpg 20171005_124713.jpg 20171005_123453.jpg 20171101_182139.jpg 20171104_215105.jpg 20171111_142422.jpg 20171111_150546.jpg

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017

Products Discussed in

To Top