1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mgm16trdpro build

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Builds (2014-2021)' started by mgm16trdpro, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Mar 8, 2019 at 4:09 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro [OP] Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Yes they are like a rock/mud tire. Definitely an offroad tire. Besides the hum from them which I dont care and can drain out with sound system, they actually handle surprisingly well on road. I may or may not had them going over 80mph today on highway. But off is where they shine.
    20190308_180752.jpg

20190308_180752.jpg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  2. Mar 8, 2019 at 4:16 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Tnx Ali, much appreciated.

3. Mar 8, 2019 at 4:41 PM
    Faht Nocker

Faht Nocker Platinum Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Woody
    Milky Way
    Vehicle:
    2016 Super Fast White Platinum 4x4 Faux PRO Tundra
    That turned out looking very clean like you said. :thumbsup:

mgm16trdpro[OP] likes this.
  4. Mar 8, 2019 at 5:18 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Here you go guys and gals. I cleaned the truck up today and went sick with the pics. Hope you like as much as I do. I think it looks sick. I'm very happy with how it all came out. If anyone wants a specific shot just let me know, chances are I took the pic lol. As always any questions feel free. Enjoy.[​IMG]Even my son is amazed.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

GODZILLA, Ted4311, phogallen and 6 others like this.
  5. Mar 8, 2019 at 5:19 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Thank u sir, I think so. Appreciate the assurance.

6. Mar 8, 2019 at 5:19 PM
    Faht Nocker

Member:
    First Name:
    Woody
    Milky Way
    Vehicle:
    Looks great!

7. Mar 8, 2019 at 5:21 PM
    HappyGilmore

HappyGilmore Ex 1st Gen Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trent
    Lakewood CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Limited TRD 4x4
    That last shot from the front looks rad. Front of these trucks always look mean, especially with all the tire tread hanging out.

8. Mar 8, 2019 at 5:21 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    dang ! are you gonna re-gear eventually with those big tires ?

9. Mar 8, 2019 at 5:26 PM
    Newm

Newm New Member

Member:
    KC
    Dude that thing is silly! (I mean that in the most complemental way possible) Turned out sick...enjoy your ride man, it's awesome.

10. Mar 8, 2019 at 5:57 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Thanks guys, appreciate the kind words. To answer about regear, no need with 35s. Once u go up to 37s u should. 35s are the line u dont want to cross unless u want to feel sluggish and the need to regear.

That plus the fact I'm DAP tuned. All I need to do is pull the battery terminal off for about 15 minutes. My truck will then relearn and adjust for the 35s. Coming from the nitto rgs in 295/70, haven't even felt the need yet. The tune more than makes up for the feel of bigger tires. My truck with these beefy 35s is probably faster than a non tuned truck with stock tires. It definitely slows u down a bit going with bigger tires than stock, but the tune helps get that back plus it firms up the shift points to where the truck don't search for gears, even with stock tires I noticed it searched. The tune eliminates that searching and the power is all there when u romp on it. Even these big ass treads w/ just trac off I could spin if I felt the need, which I dont.
    20171130_202112.jpg

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    aperezsh likes this.
  11. Mar 8, 2019 at 5:58 PM
    Berdine

Berdine Voodoo Sport

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Binghamton, NY
    Vehicle:
    2020 VooDoo Blue Trd Sport
    Some 37x13.50 rockers would look sweet! Lol

12. Mar 8, 2019 at 6:01 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Stop it. U know what ur right though they would. Let me know when u get them on lol.

I can tell u from first hand experience, I have a hard time believing they would fit on my lift. Even with a +25 offset. I'm not saying it's not possible, but I can assure u I wont be the guy that's first to try that. I'll leave that one up to someone else to be first to try it.

13. Mar 8, 2019 at 6:26 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Even got the inside of the cab and bed all cleaned up looking purdy too today. My OCD kicked in after having parts everywhere both in the cab, in the bed, and on the cover.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

aperezsh and Faht Nocker like this.
  14. Mar 8, 2019 at 6:35 PM
    CAM1794

CAM1794 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM 1794
    Absolute piece of rolling art. Truck looks amazing!

15. Mar 8, 2019 at 6:37 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Tnx Chad appreciate it.

16. Mar 10, 2019 at 8:17 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Couldn't help but take a bunch more pics today. I just can't get over how beastly it looks.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]I apologize if you're sick of seeing it by now, I myself just cant get enough. I took an unhealthy love for a truck and just made it even worse.

17. Mar 20, 2019 at 11:04 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Just bought this, time to get rid of the rubberish factory wheel that comes stock on the pro. Toyota made me do it, wish I didn't have to.
    Screenshot_20190320-133844_Chrome.jpg

CAM1794, Faht Nocker and Black Wolf like this.
  18. Mar 20, 2019 at 4:35 PM
    Beastmode1794

Beastmode1794 Masshole

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 tundra 1794 edition smoked misquite
    Whats wrong with yours ?

19. Mar 20, 2019 at 5:39 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    In the pro they put that rubbery plastic whatever it is. It's not like I even hold it in the same spot all the time, but it was starting to wear prematurely. Soon as I noticed I put a wheel cover on it so it never got bad, but I could tell if I didn't do that it would look like shit. I'm not a fan of wheel covers but I found 1 that wasn't horrible to hold me over until I found 1 that looks like it's in perfect shape yet used so I didn't have to spend 600 bucks. I really like the cover that guys are putting on but I don't think I have it in me to weave, sew, or whatever it takes to do that. I'm OCD so I think I'd mess it up and probably take like 10 hrs to do it.

20. Mar 20, 2019 at 7:27 PM
    Beastmode1794

Beastmode1794 Masshole

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 tundra 1794 edition smoked misquite
    Yup that makes sense i had thst happen on my last truck i made ford replace it at 20k cuz it looked like 100k and was falling apart i like the 1794 one i have know tho i hope it holds up i think it will

21. Mar 20, 2019 at 8:31 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Whew scared me for a sec before I finished reading your post. I thought at first u were saying the airbag blew up on ya after u replaced it. I was gonna say you're not supposed to tell me that. You're supposed to tell me my worries are unfounded and stop being a baby lol. But I got ya now. I finished reading ur post and realize that u were talking about the wear on it. Yeah on the 1794 if I'm not mistaken is the wood looking trim with the leather spaced around it. If so, I don't think you'll have anything to worry about.

Now that you mention, I was getting wear signs before the 36k, then I threw on the cover over it, I'm at 40k now. I should've just left it, let it continue to wear, then took it in before the 36k warranty was up. Even if they weren't willing to replace the cost of the wheel, I probably could've at least got them to swap them out after I bought the new wheel for free. Now I'm kicking myself in the ass, I'm pretty positive I could eat least got that. Oh well, $175 later and my butthole puckering tight as I close my eyes and squeeze my checks while I replace it is still worth the cost to me.

For a dude who hates wheel covers, for it to still feel like the cover was a big step up says just how much I hated the OEM wheel. To go from the original to the cover, to this used leather 14-19 oem Tundra wheel is gonna feel like huge, in the right direction, incremental steps up for me.

22. Mar 20, 2019 at 8:39 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    If u don't feel like reading my long winded novel, in short, I don't think u have anything to worry about. I haven't heard anything about those wheels being a problem. If u search online it's not hard to find a very long list of guys that aren't happy with their trd pro steering wheel. I think they did it, besides just to be cheap and save money, also so they can clean easy. Which they do, a simple wipe down gets everything off real easy. So guys offroading and getting their hands dirty can relatively easily just give it a wipe to get clean quick, it's not gonna stain like leather or absorb the grime, sweat, ect. But for sure, anyone who keeps their hands in the same spot I'm pretty sure is gonna see that. Unless I just got a real bad one? But, like I said before, I know I'm certainly not the only one to not be happy with the wheel.

23. Apr 6, 2019 at 11:24 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Man I love this pic that I gave SSO permission to use on their Instagram post. I came across it earlier today when looking for someone about the bumper. Just cant stop looking at it, cant get over how mean it all looks. Especially with them nice new shoes on. Them new wheels and rubber are killing it. Not too shabby when over 500 and counting are feeling it too enough to give it a like. It's making Papa proud.

Screenshot_20190418-150957_Facebook.jpg
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
    GODZILLA and ackthresher like this.
  24. Apr 20, 2019 at 1:00 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I got lot of work done yesterday, spent almost (keyword) the whole day splitting firewood.
    [​IMG]

Not bad for 1 man, some tools to make the job a little easier, and a full days work. So much more to go though ugggghh.
    [​IMG]

I must confess my pun intended dirty little secret. It wasn't all work yesterday.While wife and kids thought I was splitting, which in fairness to me, I did plenty, near the end of the day, I took off the splitter, left it there, and hit sometrails for some offroading. I got to play in the mud, go over a whole bunch ofrock trails on the power lines, and even pulled out the winch a couple times. Now I need this rain to stop so I canclean up my mess. I even parked the truck outside the garage last night to let the rain get a start on it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I was curious to find out just how good the tires are. Let's just say zero disappointment. I dont beat on the truckoffroad but I wanted to get on the gas a bit on the open trails and challenge the truck and tires to see just how capableis this setup on the rougher terrain goingslow. U can feel each nub as it grabs anything u can throw at it. Rock, dirt, or water/mud it handles with ease. Bit of warning. Don't drive these on your grass. Even barely moving each nub will grab and rip leaving chunks and huge divots. I noticed on the trail riding over some dirt with grassy patches looking in my side view mirrors. It's crazy how these grab. For offroading they're a dream. As a driver u can feel each nub as it makescontact with larger rocks and splashes through water. They sound like a paddlegoing through some of the deeper stuff. U can literally hear each nub as it makes contact in the water. It's hard to explain the feeling or sounds u get from these offroad. They make u feel all fuzzy inside is best way to explain lol. I'd highly recommend these Pitbull Rockers. They're expensive but now I can see why. All around a great tire so far.

I stopped by the lake by my house to take in the aftermath and get my last deep breath of fresh air before I walked back into my house of chaos with 2 little boys and a nagging wifey lol. I couldn't help but notice 1 other thing too. I was amazed by how little the dirt and mud holds to the areas that were artic coated. The truck and rims don't even look like I did what I did to them. It's crazy how good this artic coating prevents mud, water, and dirt from sticking to the truck and wheels. The areas that are coated still kinda remained clean. It's crazy how well this coating propels. Due to the coating my cleanup is not nearly as bad as I thoughtit was going to be. I was expecting the truck to be a mess. It was fun while it lasted. Back to reality.
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

GODZILLA, aperezsh, Ryuu and 3 others like this.
  25. Apr 20, 2019 at 1:07 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I just realized I needed to update my build thread since I added a few things recently.

I replaced my factory wheel with an OEM black leather wheel. Was pretty easy to do thanks to a member here and his YouTube video. Came out great and I love the feel of getting back to a leather factory steering wheel.

Out with the old.
    20190411_155221.jpg

In with the new.
    20190411_182859.jpg

GODZILLA, aperezsh and Faht Nocker like this.
  26. Apr 20, 2019 at 1:08 PM
    Faht Nocker

Member:
    First Name:
    Woody
    Milky Way
    Vehicle:
    Looks great! was that a leather tacoma wheel?

27. Apr 20, 2019 at 1:21 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I also added the Tundra specific wireless charger from the tech12volts group buy. This was also pretty easy to do. I opted for this route for numerous reasons. Safety, god forbid theres an accident I wont have a phone flying at my head from the armrest. I'm always lifting the armrest to get into that cavity. I didnt want to have to move my phone everytime I did. So far I love it. The cupholder that was there was useless. Due to the lack of height with the radio above it, I won't be missing that anytime soon.

Here's what comes with it.
    20190414_145720.jpg

U plug and play a T harness into the factory lighter under the armrest. So u don't lose that outlet, you're just adding another from that outlet.
    20190414_174337.jpg 20190414_174326.jpg

So plug the T harness there and run the wire along the shifter to underneath the cupholder plastic under the radio. Drill a hole to pull the wire through.
    20190414_182455.jpg

Plug that into the bottom of the supplied tray.
    20190414_174343.jpg

Add the supplied double sided tape to the bottom of the tray and stick it down into the perfect fit.
    20190414_182826.jpg

Unfortunately I cant take a pic of the phone charging since that's my only camera. But it lights up green in standby and charges blue led. They also provide you with magnets and a template to affix to the back of your phone or case. This keeps the phone from sliding in the cradle.

Came out great, pretty easy install, and looks OEM. Charges very fast too. No more plugs and wires for me.
    20190414_205739.jpg

aperezsh, CAM1794 and Faht Nocker like this.
  28. Apr 20, 2019 at 1:32 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Thanks. I believe it was a black leather factory wheel from another 14-19 Tundra. Least that's what the seller told me. He does custom steering wheels for people. Told me this was the customers original steering wheel that he returned after getting the custom steer wheel installed. Guess he has a core charge wheel replacement deal going on.

Faht Nocker[QUOTED] likes this.
  29. May 1, 2019 at 8:08 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Nothing major here. Just added a piece from my toughskinz that I removed for the scosche wireless charger I installed and added it back to the bottom edge of the wireless charger to tie in the look. I tried to salvage some other pieces from it too, but they just didnt look right.
    20190421_200940.jpg

aperezsh and Faht Nocker like this.
  30. May 1, 2019 at 8:15 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Found an absolute steal on the trd cai. Installed that while still leaving in my afe pro dry filter. From what I heard it's the best filter u can have for our air boxes. Very easy install. Did notice a bit more sound and a bit better response. Could just be me looking for something but I went into it expecting nothing from it performance wise, so I think I really am getting a bit more out of it than expected. Only thing I knew going in was that it would look great, and that it does.
    20190428_202815.jpg
    20190428_204001.jpg
    20190428_203956.jpg

Products Discussed in

To Top