1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mgm16trdpro build

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Builds (2014-2021)' started by mgm16trdpro, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Feb 28, 2019 at 7:34 AM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro [OP] Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Tnx Dan, me too. I'll be devastated if it don't work out. Something tells me it might not go exactly as planned, but I'm thinking 1 way or another, it should be made to work.

2. Feb 28, 2019 at 9:21 PM
    RoujePN

RoujePN New Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2019 Platinum CM 4x4 5.7L 1G3
    Turned out nice Mike:benchpress: compliments the MGM!

3. Feb 28, 2019 at 10:43 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Tnx man. I sure hope so. Won't really know for sure until Thursday when it all goes on. I can't wait for that day. Today I even put together my email with all the info that could ever possibly be needed or could possibly help with the install. Basically all the crazy amount of research I did I put and condensed into a 1 page email for the shop to help assist in them putting together this all.

This is very hard for me to do since I normally do just about everything myself on my truck. I'd be useless when it comes to mounting, balancing, aligning and welding so I'm gonna sit this 1 out and pay for it, hoping my mind is blown on pickup. Me still being me, I included everything from weight placement instructions on rims, alignment specs, pics for caliper clearance reference all the way to body mount chop instructions and everything in between. Anything I could think of that could possibly assist and make this as painless as possible for the shop doing the work and for me when I pick it up hopefully all done. It would break my heart if I went to pick it up and it wasn't done or done right to my OCD standards because they ran into an unforeseen or unknown issue. So I tried my best to eliminate any hiccups or questions and put together something they could follow to hopefully have it all come out perfect, just as if I was doing it myself. I have faith in the shop doing the work, but at least this way, with my email, even though I'm not physically present during the process, a piece of me is there ensuring all goes according to my plan and comes out right, just the way I hope.

4. Mar 1, 2019 at 9:39 AM
    RoujePN

RoujePN New Member

Member:
    PNW
    Vehicle:
    2019 Platinum CM 4x4 5.7L 1G3
    Absolutely brother, your $$ follows your standard!! Surely it will come out as planned.

mgm16trdpro[OP] likes this.
  5. Mar 3, 2019 at 8:51 PM
    cook2kill

cook2kill PNW

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Portland OR
    Vehicle:
    2018 CM
    Alright @mgm16trdpro what am I missing. Ordered the boot and knob. Doesn’t seem like they fit. The knob isn’t threaded and the collar of the boot doesn’t fit around the base of the knob. Truth be told I could probably have messed with it more but I figured I’d crack a beer and ask the expert. Thank you for all your help.

6. Mar 4, 2019 at 3:31 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    The knob should twist on. However to get the boot to fit, u must shave down the white plastic under the shifter. The 2 outer tabs. Slide the boot up to the knob and see where it hits. This will make more sense. Hope it helps.

7. Mar 7, 2019 at 4:40 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Here u go guys, will have more pics to come but heres a sneak peak, since I didnt want to disappoint all those asking for it.

Can all say we've seen it now, Pitbull Rockers on a Tundra.

Mean muggin coming out the shop.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And had to try them a little off road. Nothing too crazy, still got work to do on it. Will answer all questions tomorrow when all done.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

8. Mar 7, 2019 at 4:42 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Will give the finer details for anyone who's interested soon once I button everything up. Ie issues, decisions, fitting, chopping, cutting, noise, feel, ect.

9. Mar 7, 2019 at 4:57 PM
    Berdine

Berdine Voodoo Sport

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Binghamton, NY
    Vehicle:
    2020 VooDoo Blue Trd Sport
    Man that turned out awesome!

10. Mar 7, 2019 at 5:08 PM
    Faht Nocker

Faht Nocker Platinum Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Woody
    Milky Way
    Vehicle:
    2016 Super Fast White Platinum 4x4 Faux PRO Tundra
    Looks great!

11. Mar 7, 2019 at 5:25 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    There u go buddy, you wanted it and there u got it. I think you Frank and a couple others too might have almost been as impatient as me to get it done lol. Thanks man I think it looks awesome too.

aperezsh and HappyGilmore like this.
  12. Mar 7, 2019 at 5:25 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Thanks, I love the way it looks.

13. Mar 7, 2019 at 5:28 PM
    Jim LE 1301

Jim LE 1301 Camaro Lover, SSEM # 11,TTC#179

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tundra TRD Sport Double Cab
    Very nice Mike. :thumbsup:

14. Mar 7, 2019 at 5:29 PM
    Faht Nocker

Faht Nocker Platinum Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Woody
    Milky Way
    Vehicle:
    2016 Super Fast White Platinum 4x4 Faux PRO Tundra
    That 3rd and 4th pic makes it look like a real close fit (maybe just the angle). Glad it worked out for you!

15. Mar 7, 2019 at 5:45 PM
    Berdine

Berdine Voodoo Sport

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Binghamton, NY
    Vehicle:
    2020 VooDoo Blue Trd Sport
    What's your offset again? It's perfect with your flares

16. Mar 7, 2019 at 5:56 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Oh it was close. I'll have full suspension travel when all said and done. I do right now confirmed. But yeah there was quite a bit of cutting involved.
    Heres the body mount or what's left of it. Luckily this cut does nothing negative for structural integrity or safety. Gonna weld plate on and roll some metal to make it look factory.
    20190307_193118.jpg
    20190307_193129.jpg
    Unfortunately my plan to move the bumper forward went out window too. Even if I did it was still was gonna need quite a bit of cutting. So for now I'm left with this until I figure out something. Not too sure this cut will ever look factory. But for the price of some big ass bad ass 35s, I'm willing to sacrifice and doubt that cut will bother me for long.
    20190307_193201.jpg

17. Mar 7, 2019 at 6:00 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Yeah 0 with my flares is perfect. I agree. Not too much and definitely not too little. I'm very glad I went with 0 and not +25. At the latter I'd been wanting more negative offset. When you go down from a 18x9 to 17x8.5 inch rim that additional negative offset is huge. At +25 with flares on these rims I wouldn't have been happy. I was actually afraid 0 would stick out too much. However it sticks out just barely outside the flares, it gives a perfect stance yet don't stick out much further than my last setup on stock wheels with 1.25 spacers.

18. Mar 7, 2019 at 7:02 PM
    ZPMAN

ZPMAN 2nd place is the 1st looser

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Platinum Supercharged
    4" lift, 35s, Magnuson Supercharger
    What yha think Mike?
    20190306_232256.jpg

CAM1794 and mgm16trdpro[OP] like this.
  19. Mar 7, 2019 at 7:07 PM
    CAM1794

CAM1794 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Vehicle:
    2017 MGM 1794
    Mike your truck looks even more amazing now! Glad it worked out for you. Definitely BA!

20. Mar 7, 2019 at 7:20 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I like it John. Something your considering getting or making?

21. Mar 7, 2019 at 7:23 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Tnx Chad, much appreciated. I loved my old setup, but this 1 is definitely more badass. Still got a little left to do tomorrow, but all the heavy lifting is done on it. Least now I can take a deep breath knowing what I wanted to do was possible. Just had to make some adjustments on the fly to what I had planned and hoped. Still a success in my opinion.

CAM1794[QUOTED] likes this.
  22. Mar 7, 2019 at 7:33 PM
    ZPMAN

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Yep I'm kicking it around.
    20190307_213006.jpg

23. Mar 7, 2019 at 7:39 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I like the idea and know for sure some people would be interested. Me personally, I think I'm pretty set on lighting. I'm considering a 19 pro headlight swap and either some lp6 or lp9s on my front bull bar. Probably won't be for some time though. Gotta recover from the cost of all this first.

24. Mar 7, 2019 at 8:02 PM
    ZPMAN

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Someday when I get rid of my chrome mirror covers I will do some experimenting.

25. Mar 7, 2019 at 8:07 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Keep me posted regardless, would love to see it. Just can't guarantee a buy out of it.

26. Mar 7, 2019 at 8:11 PM
    HappyGilmore

HappyGilmore Ex 1st Gen Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Trent
    Lakewood CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 White Limited TRD 4x4
    I had to cut mine about that much, but less up the side. And I put the plastic liner back on to cover it up. Still looks pretty factory. Trimming the bumper enough and keeping the liner intact to cover it looks better than cutting up the plastic to clear.

When mine get out of the paint shop I'll try to get pics.

27. Mar 7, 2019 at 9:29 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Yeah on my setup, I had no choice but to cut the way you see it. These Pitbull Rockers are not your average tire. Most manufacturers will overstate their tires specs. For ex a 35 might be closer to a 34, or a 34 and half. These are not only true to size but actually measure over. I think this tire measures to about 35.4, so it's more than true to size.

I'm definitely interested to see some pics of how u made it look factory and how u did it. On my last setup, the 295/70r18 nitto ridge grapplers I was able to make it look literally identical to factory with some light trimming, cutting, and heat as u can see in this pic.20180929_003455.jpg

The Rockers are some big boy tires, a whole different animal. Not only do they measure true to size and then some, they also have some massive sidewall tread blocks that add an extra element to getting to fit.

Zoom in on these pics below and focus on the sidewall and you'll see what I mean. 35.4 and 12.5 would be tough enough on a stock pro with 2 shims upfront and +3 shackle in rear. Totaling just 3 inches of lift upfront, plus the weight of the warn platinum zeon winch in the sso bumper plus all the weight in the bed with the bedslide, recovery gear, ect. It's gotta put a little load on the shocks im guessing to cause them to compress a tiny bit making it even harder to fit.

20190307_183128.jpg
    20190307_173815.jpg

28. Mar 8, 2019 at 3:47 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I might have just got the most aggressive yet nicest bmc ever in the history of cab mount chops. If u know what your looking at u might just agree. I gotta say it, damn that came out great.

I mean to go from this
    [​IMG][​IMG]

To this, is pretty damn FN amazing. I mean it looks better after the chop than it did before. Clean clean clean man.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

CAM1794, Faht Nocker and aperezsh like this.
  29. Mar 8, 2019 at 3:54 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    looking good ! are they M/T tires ?

30. Mar 8, 2019 at 4:07 PM
    aperezsh

aperezsh Blessed are the peacemakers

Member:
    First Name:
    Ali
    cal-exit landed in GA
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra SR5 4x4 Crew Max Magnetic Gray Metallic
    A little this and that...Broke now
    Man you ain't playin' around. I think your purpose built rig is LEGIT! Good on ya!

Products Discussed in

To Top