1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mgm16trdpro build

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Builds (2014-2021)' started by mgm16trdpro, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Jan 31, 2019 at 2:53 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro [OP] Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    Thank u sir. Don't need anymore bad influences lol. I'm already perfectly out of control myself without any outside influence.

2. Jan 31, 2019 at 2:55 PM
    Jim LE 1301

Jim LE 1301 Camaro Lover, SSEM # 11,TTC#179

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tundra TRD Sport Double Cab
    :rofl:Then we both should leave this site.

3. Jan 31, 2019 at 2:56 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    I know, nothing but enablers and followers lol

4. Jan 31, 2019 at 6:16 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I agree 100, unfortunately I have an addictive personality, I can tell u for sure, it's addictive.

5. Feb 3, 2019 at 7:04 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Wanted to take the kiddies out on the ice with the quads today. My sons wouldn't start. This is the exact reason I get this bed cover. Instead of having to go get my trailer and make it into a big ordeal.

Boom. 2 ramps out and quad on top of cover.
    [​IMG]

Fold ramps up, put on bedslide, and slide them into back of bed, close tailgate.
    [​IMG]

Bring it over to my boys house and reverse process. Clean the carb on quad and good to go. Got this shot on my way back to lake after getting it fixed. Who don't like frozen waterfall pics?
    [​IMG]

A quick easy unload of pulling the bedslide out to grab ramps, drive quad off bed cover,and done. Nice, quick, easy, and very convenient. Love the DB HD cover andbedslide pro se. I do realize my truck literally looks white, but who got time to wash when u got 2 kids to have fun with.
    [​IMG]

The final result of the day. Quads on ice with, fire, food, and friends.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Feb 3, 2019 at 8:28 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Busy weekend completing some additions and setting myself up for more good things to come. Also did this over the weekend. I think it came out great and matches my interior theme perfectly. Here's 2 shots with and without flash on.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

aperezsh, Berdine and Jim LE 1301 like this.
  7. Feb 4, 2019 at 3:42 AM
    Jim LE 1301

Jim LE 1301 Camaro Lover, SSEM # 11,TTC#179

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tundra TRD Sport Double Cab
    Very nice Mike as usual.

mgm16trdpro[OP] likes this.
  8. Feb 4, 2019 at 4:17 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Tnx Jim, and thanks again for all your help.

9. Feb 4, 2019 at 4:29 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Thanks Dan, theres been times I've said the same exact thing to myself, like why didnt they do this or this is how they should've done it.

aperezsh and War Machine like this.
  10. Feb 4, 2019 at 4:32 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Seems like the Tundra was almost designed for customization. Most things are pretty basic, but easy to change. I know you like being unique, so the truck is almost perfect for people like us. Solid foundation, with plenty to improve upon cosmetically.

11. Feb 4, 2019 at 4:39 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Agreed on that too Jason. I think the truck market in general lends itself to the customization market. At 45k when I got my truck compared to a 60-80k ford raptor I'm very happy with my decision.

aperezsh likes this.
  12. Feb 4, 2019 at 4:47 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Very true about the expense of vehicles nowadays. It seems like the market on everything from small cars to large suvs has gotten nuts over the last few years. I paid 27k out the door for my first Tundra in 2011, and it had pretty much everything but leather seats. You can barely get a small car for that now.

Your interior looks great! It’s the one place I haven’t touched yet, besides changing bulbs.

13. Feb 4, 2019 at 4:51 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Tnx. I think I'm just about done inside except for the steering wheel and possibly some vent rings.

14. Feb 4, 2019 at 4:53 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    I’ve never cared for leather seats, but after sitting in a Pro a couple of weeks ago, I really liked them.

15. Feb 4, 2019 at 5:02 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Not a huge deal to me with remote start, but they could've least put some heat in them. Feel like my pro has just enough for me to really like inside. Added the shortcomings to it, and I'm pretty happy with it all. Yeah I could add 100 more things to it inside, but I never was a person who needed a million different things to break in there. The steering wheel sux and needs a more permanent solution like the lonocky cover and once I get rid of chrome ac rings I think I'll be good. Would love to black out whole interior, just too much work and I can live with it the way it is. I'll save that money for more outside upgrades that I can really benefit from.

aperezsh and War Machine[QUOTED] like this.
  16. Feb 4, 2019 at 5:14 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Here in Houston, the heated seats and remote start are pretty unnecessary, but I imagine where you live it would be pretty nice.
    My wife has both on her Sequoia, and she uses them. I like turning her heated seat on in June to see how long it takes her to notice. What’s stupid is that with her remote start, it turns off when you open the door. Apparently that’s a Toyota thing. I had a coworker buy a Tundra after driving chevys, and he called me thinking something was messed up on his. (He actually traded the Tundra back in on a Chevy a couple of months later. I imagine he lost his ass on that deal.)

17. Feb 4, 2019 at 6:33 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Just saw these:

https://www.ajtdesign-llc.com/onlin...6LaG906n6qVM1J5InMttW9bxcYfzxAno96_W9Le-4B6nE

18. Feb 4, 2019 at 8:00 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Yeah I hate that about our remote start. When I worked for Toyota they said it was a safety and theft feature, who knows. It drives me nuts to open the door and have to start truck right back up. Lot of guys go aftermarket for that reason. Mine happened to have already so not paying to remove and install other.

19. Feb 4, 2019 at 8:02 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
  20. Feb 4, 2019 at 8:09 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax

I almost just hit buy, that's how long I've been waiting for these, but saw it involves taking apart dash. I hope it's not as bad as just replacing the ac rings how u gotta take whole dash apart. Keep me posted says video coming out soon. I'll buy but want to see the video install first, how bad it is.

War Machine[QUOTED] likes this.
  21. Feb 4, 2019 at 10:27 AM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    That’s what we’re all here for Mike! We should start a survey to see who’s talked the most money out of people. :rofl:

That’s what stayed my hand. I was reading a couple of posts where people say it’s a pita to change.

He’s a member here, but I don’t know how often he checks in. @Adam AJT DESIGN you copy good buddy?

22. Feb 4, 2019 at 11:59 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    If it's relatively easy I'd order right now. If it looks like guys cabs when they black out their dash and ac vents I'm gonna have to pass. Least for now anyways. I have had my eye on this wondering when it would come out for tundra. U almost got me Jay, u almost got me. My cooler head prevailed when I didn't see the install video posted yet. I'm going to wait for the video then decide.

Trucky where u at?

23. Feb 4, 2019 at 12:26 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    A couple of guys here say it’s a hassle to swap out, at least on the gen 2’s.

https://www.tundras.com/threads/climate-knob-ideas.39307/

24. Feb 4, 2019 at 1:51 PM
    kparrow

kparrow New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Nampa, ID
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tundra DC 4x4 5.7l V8 Blue Streak Metallic
    Goodyear UltraTerrain AT 275/70/r18, Stoptech Cryo Slotted Rotors/Hawk LTS Pads, DECKED, and lots more!
    I second the AJT design knobs. On pre-order right now in a 3 pack for your truck

25. Feb 5, 2019 at 7:45 PM
    Major

Major TTC #0181

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    NC
    Vehicle:
    2017 CM Attitude Black Platinum
    Stock.
    Do you have more info on the setup and where I can purchase? Thanks. Any sound clips? Is it "air horn" or "train horn"

OAN, how did you run your cabling into the cab for your flush mounts in the rear?

Thanks

Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
  26. Feb 6, 2019 at 6:57 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I won the horn, compressor, and tank in a raffle from the company boss 4x4. Darren Shmidt is the owner and he's a great guy, very well respected in the tundra community. Just reach out to him and mention you saw my post of the install from his tundra crew giveaway. He'll set u up with all you need at a good price I'm assuming. The only other info I have is maybe what you can see for model numbers off the boxes in the pics.

I don't have a sound clip because I cant figure out how to post videos in this forum. I've tried to load the horn and a coating video to show how the water just slides off. But it don't allow me to post on thread, something about not supported format last 3 letters. I can tell you this, it's not earth shattering but if you're standing in proximity to the front of my truck and I hit the horn it will make you jump. I believe it's a air horn technically due to the fact there is a compressor that builds air pressure and a tank to hold the air.

For the lights in the rearI tapped off the reverse lights to come on auto when shifted in reverse. The line then runs under the truck to the front up into the engine bay. From there it enters the cab thru the firewall to a switch on dash so that they can also be manually activated.

Hope this helps. If u need anything else don't hesitate to ask.

Black Wolf and Major[QUOTED] like this.
  27. Feb 6, 2019 at 7:06 AM
    cook2kill

cook2kill PNW

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Portland OR
    Vehicle:
    2018 CM
    Would you mind linking up your red and black interior parts in one post?

Inserts
    Boot
    Trim
    Knob

It looks great. Love watching your build progress. Also, my wallet hates you!

28. Feb 6, 2019 at 7:35 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  29. Feb 6, 2019 at 7:36 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
  30. Feb 6, 2019 at 7:40 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Besides those 2 parts the trim I vinyl wrapped. You can choose any color or brand for that. Mine is matte black.

The inserts are from tuffskinz. If you go on their site and look under tundra, they have different kits and colors. So far I've only purchased the center console package, front and rear cupholders in black/red. They have all different packages and colors depending on what u want to do. The center console comes in like 3 pieces, then 2 front cupholder and 2 rear cupholders. However they make door packages, ignition ring, and all other shit.

Products Discussed in

To Top