1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Mgm16trdpro build

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Builds (2014-2021)' started by mgm16trdpro, Oct 5, 2017.

1. Aug 25, 2018 at 6:22 PM
    stefan702

stefan702 IG: 702stefan_

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra TRD Offroad
    IG: 702stefan_
    This is fucking crazy!! I'm not voting for your damn light placement! It's a simple decision. Man up and make it hahah and why in the world would I vote for an opposite location than where I run my lights?

Coolhardy and mgm16trdpro[OP] like this.
  2. Aug 25, 2018 at 6:30 PM
    mgm16trdpro

mgm16trdpro [OP] Certified Modoholic

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    It ain't that simple, especially when I keep going back n forth on it. It ain't something that I can change my mind on it after I already cut the shit out of my bumper. Ultimately I'm gonna choose MY spot but I want to make sure I'm not choosing the spot where 99% think looks like shit. So man up and vote for the location u run yours lol.

3. Aug 25, 2018 at 7:17 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Ici magnum side steps in linex, factory spray in bed liner, remote start,afe pro dry filter, dap tune,sso slimline hybrid OEM bumper with baja designs 30" s8 driving combo,warn platinum xeon winch, baha designs squadron sport fogs in amber wide cornering with fog pocket kit, gtr headlight LEDs, 295/70r18 nitro ridge grapplers, g2 painted red calipers, 1.25 spidertrax spacers, bed slide pro 1000 se and 5 bin package, diamondback HD bed cover with ATV package and black package, 2 auto access led strips in bed, husky full coverage exact contour mats with custom logos, V led leds interior lights, tuffskinz mid console/&rear cupholder package, mid console tray and organizer, 2 JL 10s in custom sub box, 4 Hertz door speakers,2 hertz tweeters, other audio upgrades, tinted front windows, weathertech in channel rain guards, artic coating, reverse tail light section and third brake tint, ami big stick antenna, 2 CB shims +3 shackle, cb steer kit, Trd dual exhaust, trd skid plate, vled footwell kits front and back, factor 55 winch fairlead and prolink, gen y torsion hitch, bushwacker color matched fender flares with black powder coated rivets, trd rear sway bar, covercraft cargo bar and cargo net, recovery gear, custom shifter and middle console.I'm sure other things I'm forgetting too
    I think I've made my decision. I'm pretty sure I'm going same spot as yours. I just hope the bigger light fit without too much issue. I'm also hoping I don't think of something that changes my mind tomorrow. Been doing that just about everyday this past week. I'm going with my gut instinct and my original plan. I am driving myself fn nuts over it, but that's just my personality. I can be OCD bout shit.

Coolhardy likes this.
  4. Aug 25, 2018 at 7:27 PM
    Coolhardy

Coolhardy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harris
    Vehicle:
    2014 black tundra
    Too many to list
    Dude, watch a Nike commercial and
    just do it.
    On Plastic or metal whatever u like.
    Btw, looks little ugly on plastic though but that's just me.

mgm16trdpro[OP] likes this.
  5. Aug 25, 2018 at 7:47 PM
    Ryooo

Ryooo New Member

Member:
    Boynton Beach FL
    Vehicle:
    2014 CM SC Platinum
    TRD Supercharger 4.5 BDS lift 20” Method Standards sitting on 35 Nitto Grapplers Rigid grill top and bottom with lights AMP running boards Fender flares Magnum rear bumper Rear LED bar Air bags with onboard compressor Brake controller Alpine Navi Alpine amps x 2 Focal Separates front and rear 2 x JL 13s in a stealth box behind the back seat LTE cellular booster Rear seat under locked storage Dynamat from ceiling to floor LEDs all over Bed liner Bed rails Paint protector covering nearly the entire front end and more
    What front bumper is that? Looks great!

6. Aug 25, 2018 at 7:52 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Harris u will need a stronger attempt than that 1 to get me to change my mind yet again. I think I'm digging my heels in on this 1 and due mostly to rust concerns (trust me it's really bad where I live) and pitch black trailer hook ups, I'm going in the plastic. Plus, if I went in end caps I'd be just 1 more guy added to the long list of others to do the same. If I go in plastic I might just be the only person I've ever seen or heard of doing it with bd squadrons. It's good to be different. Only way I'll be changing my mind yet again is if tomorrow when I get a minute to go out there to figure and plan it all out for when I have the time to install it, is the location just won't work for some reason.

Coolhardy[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Aug 25, 2018 at 7:54 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Tnx man. It's made by SSO, southern style offroad, they call it their slimline hybrid OEM version.

aperezsh and Ryooo[QUOTED] like this.
  8. Aug 25, 2018 at 8:12 PM
    Coolhardy

Coolhardy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harris
    Vehicle:
    2014 black tundra
    Too many to list
    Haha, I m playing mind games now.
    Normally amber color doesnt go on the rear. Mostly Red. Amber goes on side and front.
    All semi rigs have amber front and side and red in rear.
    U should have gotten rigid backlit red and white lights if u were going w plastic potion.
    Cool thing about Rigid is they have backlit red that can match your backlight and then a switch to turn the white on.
    Our autoanything contact here at tundras.com sells for $110 a pair free shipping.
    It will look awesome sauce with brake light.

Google ....
    Rigid 20202

9. Aug 25, 2018 at 8:44 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Yeah I picked up on the mind games from ya buddy. Appreciate the info on Rigid. I'm sure they do make good lights. I do love their adapt IQ. I'd love to put that on my front bumper but damn it's expensive. I think your idea with the red backlight would look cool too. However, I'm sold on baja designs. Everything about them is great, except maybe price again, but u get what u pay for. Quality, customer service, and performance are off the charts.

Once I mount these things I want to trust I won't have to mess with them again unless by my choice. That's 1 of the great things about bd too. If I wanted to change from amber to clear, or anything else I can just swap the lens. They have a u service program which is awesome.

Lots of guys run Amber's in the rear on trails as a chase light so they dont get ran into. Especially in dust, snow, fog, the amber cuts thru those conditions better. I find myself in those conditions every so often.

The Baja lights throw so much light that I'd even say that the little bit that going amber would cut down on brightness, they still are brighter with more useable light and throw than most other manufacturers. I'm confident that the amber's will cut through the bad conditions for the rear just as they do for my front and will still be bright enough to provide more than enough light for my many planned uses for them.

aperezsh and Coolhardy[QUOTED] like this.
  10. Aug 26, 2018 at 9:31 AM
    stefan702

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra TRD Offroad
    Yea run Rigid!! Those Rigid backlit pods have as much output as an interior dome light

11. Aug 26, 2018 at 11:23 AM
    Coolhardy

Coolhardy New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Harris
    Vehicle:
    2014 black tundra
    Too many to list
    Nice, Rigids as a dome light. Good Idea.......

12. Sep 27, 2018 at 3:05 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Sorry guys been crazy busy. Forgot to post up my most recent edition which I probably did a month ago. Baja designs amber squadrons in the rear bumper.
    20180927_161025.jpg
    20180829_165253.jpg
    Output is sick.
    20180830_202923.jpg 20180829_204509.jpg

Light output in the rear are now up to par with the front.
    20180811_171601.jpg 20180829_164839.jpg

Was able to cut them in without touching any metal in the rear bumper. They are hooked to come on in reverse and also by in cab switch.
    20180829_165042.jpg

buckeyeinlv, aperezsh and stefan702 like this.
  13. Sep 27, 2018 at 3:07 PM
    Jim LE 1301

Jim LE 1301 Camaro Lover, SSEM # 11,TTC#179

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    2018 MGM Tundra TRD Sport Double Cab
  14. Sep 27, 2018 at 3:08 PM
    stefan702

Member:
    First Name:
    Randy
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra TRD Offroad
    Dope!!

15. Sep 27, 2018 at 3:09 PM
    Jim LE 1301

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    Looks good Mike.:thumbsup:

16. Sep 27, 2018 at 3:15 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Thank u sir for the compliment. Also thank you for your help in answering some questions before the install and busting my chops on picking a location before it lol

stefan702[QUOTED] likes this.
  17. Sep 27, 2018 at 3:19 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Tnx Jim. I've been so crazy busy lately between football practice/games and going to water school to get my licenses that I haven't even had a chance to put these on yet. Pretty busy when you ain't even got a couple minutes to slap 4 stickers on an inside door handle.
    20180905_231947.jpg

aperezsh likes this.
  18. Sep 27, 2018 at 3:24 PM
    Jim LE 1301

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    I hear ya.... I still didn't put my fender flares on yet got them 7/04 and my FRAC harness probably got in August.:rolleyes:

19. Sep 27, 2018 at 3:39 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I hear that, I finally amassed all the parts needed to get my train horns up and going. I'm going to mount the tank and compressor to the fuse box lid I purchased from @ZPMAN . I'm hoping to mount the horns next to stock location. I guess if not having the time to mount tundra parts are the extent of our problems, were not doing too bad.

aperezsh and Jim LE 1301[QUOTED] like this.
  20. Sep 27, 2018 at 3:47 PM
    Jim LE 1301

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    Yep.:thumbsup:
    I'd like to change the horn also.

21. Sep 27, 2018 at 6:13 PM
    ZPMAN

ZPMAN 2nd place is the 1st looser

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Platinum Supercharged
    4" lift, 35s, Magnuson Supercharger
    I made a mount for my old truck horns.20180523_171314.jpg

22. Sep 27, 2018 at 6:44 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I like it, I'm planning the same.

23. Sep 27, 2018 at 11:00 PM
    ZPMAN

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    These came in handy for mounting 2x6x1/8 flat bar for the horn bracket.
    20180212_193549.jpg

24. Sep 27, 2018 at 11:24 PM
    ZPMAN

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    Found a few pictures that might be helpful.
    20171223_144446.jpg

20171213_141929.jpg

mgm16trdpro[OP] and aperezsh like this.
  25. Sep 28, 2018 at 5:56 AM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Tnx John, much appreciated for helpful tips.

ZPMAN[QUOTED] likes this.
  26. Sep 30, 2018 at 4:31 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    I just finished, tried banging out during Giants halftime, unfortunately didnt realize he sent me 2 different sets so had to remove 2 and essentially placed on perfectly 6, got done 4 minutes left in 4th, damnit lol.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And 1 more showing off all that sexy amber coming off the front. Everyone says theres no mistaking my truck coming down the road. I've had people stop in the middle of the road in pitch black knowing it was me lol.
    [​IMG]

I got them from Josh Portillo, his on tundra crew fb his biz is StickE Customs.

[​IMG]

aperezsh, ZPMAN and Jim LE 1301 like this.
  27. Sep 30, 2018 at 5:18 PM
    Jim LE 1301

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Hudson Valley, New York
    Vehicle:
    Very nice. :thumbsup:

28. Oct 21, 2018 at 2:35 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Cleaned it up real nice before the freezing temps hitnext week. Even took the time to clean the tires and apply wax addict tyre conditioner. The coating helps alot. From start to finish less than 3 hrs. That's setup and cleanup too.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Jim LE 1301 and aperezsh like this.
  29. Oct 21, 2018 at 4:37 PM
    aperezsh

aperezsh Blessed are the peacemakers

Member:
    First Name:
    Ali
    cal-exit landed in GA
    Vehicle:
    16 Tundra SR5 4x4 Crew Max Magnetic Gray Metallic
    A little this and that...Broke now
    Awesome like always brother good stuff.

30. Oct 21, 2018 at 5:04 PM
    mgm16trdpro

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Northern NJ
    Vehicle:
    2016 mgm trd pro crewmax
    Tnx brother. Got things piling up in my garage to install, just need the time so stay tuned for more goodies.

aperezsh[QUOTED] likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top