1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

McGregor Khabib fight! Thoughts? Spoiler alert.

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by 15whtrd, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Oct 7, 2018 at 6:53 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    No offense but it turned into a immature clown show at the end.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  2. Oct 7, 2018 at 7:00 AM
    nowayout

nowayout New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    NY
    Vehicle:
    17 CM
    Im kinda glad McGregor lost. Maybe it will put him in check a little. He was getting out of hand with his cockiness. I am not a Khabib fan but if he is allowed to fight I look forward to the rematch.

Wrongside likes this.
  3. Oct 7, 2018 at 8:46 AM
    Wrongside

Wrongside New Member

Member:
    AB
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra
    Totally. Neither of them are real likeable guys, but Mc is an arrogant, mouthy, narcissist. It was fun watching him have to eat his words. He was completely overwhelmed in there.

I thought it was a good card, all good fights, even the little straw weights brought it. But the garbage at the end was a real shame. Like the UFC is becoming a cross between Jerry Springer, a circus and the WWE.

Darkness and Black Wolf like this.
  4. Oct 7, 2018 at 8:52 AM
    Darkness

Darkness Allergic to white

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    All over SoCal
    Vehicle:
    The darkest
    It's really dark
  5. Oct 7, 2018 at 8:53 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd [OP] Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Rica25 likes this.
  6. Oct 7, 2018 at 9:00 AM
    OBXTundra

OBXTundra Member

Member:
    Southeast USA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Nissan Armada, 4x4
    UFC has turned into entertainment and hype, gone are the days of competition and professionalism. Chuck Liddel and Matt Hughes, those were the good days.

I too am happy that Conor lost, if just to shut him up for a while and bring him back to earth. I am not a Khabib fan, but someone had to do it. The antics after the fight were disgusting. Dana White needs to get control over his athletes. Dana went so far as to suggest that Conor can do what he wants because he draws such large pay-per-view audiences.

I think Conor is good for the sport. He is a hell of an athlete. I'd just like to see him get his ass handed to him a few more times. Then maybe he'll be more tolerable.

Law323 and 15whtrd[OP] like this.
  7. Oct 7, 2018 at 11:32 AM
    BestGen

BestGen New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Haunted Turnbull Canyon CA
    Vehicle:
    '05 RCLB, 2UZ-FE, 4wd / '88 4RNR XTE 22RE/W56/RF1A
    Fabtech 2.5" coilovers, BFG KO2 34/10.5/17, 17x7.5 TE wheels, add-a-leaves, 4.56 gears, Rhino-lined
    The Nevada Athletic Commission announced that they are withholding Khaboobs paycheck. One expensive fuck up.

15whtrd[OP] likes this.
  8. Oct 7, 2018 at 1:46 PM
    Law323

Law323 it’s only weird if you make it weird

Member:
    First Name:
    Law
    Baton Rouge, La
    Vehicle:
    2012 4.6 L MGM DC
    Toytec BOSS suspension lift @ 3" (front) Toytec BOSS remote resi's (back) 1" Toytec block (rear) 275/70r18 Toyo AT2 Info system mod 3D MAXpider Kagu floor mats LED interior lights 50% ceramic tint front windows 35% ceramic tint windshield brow Bed mounted YETI bottle opener Paracord wrapped oh Sh!t bars 3" stubby antennae TRD sway bar Upcoming: LED backup lights OEM Backup camera Iron Cross Patriot step bars Trifold or roll up tonneau cover
    Best one I’ve seen yet LOL

1887DE39-B7DC-476A-905C-7257B64950CC.jpg

In all seriousness, Macgregor runs his mouth and assaults (more or less) his competitors. I’m not surprised this happened, just surprised it hasn’t happened sooner.

That being said, Khabib’s actions can’t be justified and was a show of complete disrespect. Now, the same could be said about Mac’s actions. Unfortunately, khabib’s being the one shoved in the limelight and under public scrutiny.

The great sport of fighting is absolutely a very emotionally charged occupation, not to mention there’s always the “drama” marketability, something that Macgregor is a master at, regardless of how many times he’s crossed the line (which is actually the very thing he wants to do). At the bare bones of it all, it’s about money and Macgregor is White’s baby, for now, just like Rousey was at one point. Two or three more big UFC fights, I wouldn’t count out the possibility of a new baby being “born”.

Don’t get me wrong, Macgregor is a great fighter and athlete. He rose through the UFC and became one of the greats. I respect the hell out of that even if I never liked his boisterous and abusive psychological tactics. In the same sense, he does (or did) back up his words with action. To me, he’s been on the top for so long, he gets comfortable, all the while he’s getting older. it’s only a matter of time until a younger hungrier wolf comes and knocks him off. We see it every single time there’s a named champion. Some champs last longer than others. Just a shame this past fight ended like that.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    Wrongside, jeremyd, nowayout and 4 others like this.
  9. Oct 7, 2018 at 2:39 PM
    Tundra9831

Tundra9831 New Member

Member:
  10. Oct 7, 2018 at 4:41 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I'm a McGregor fan but Khabib won fair and square. His ground game is off the charts.
    with the fight purse and ppv/endorsements, McGregor looking at roughly $50 mil payday last night. combined with $100 mil from mayweather, he is pretty much set.

15whtrd[OP] and Law323 like this.
  11. Oct 7, 2018 at 4:51 PM
    tinman10101

tinman10101 Ah cha cha cha

Member:
    First Name:
    Tinman
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2016 MGM Crewmax
    Khabib won fair and square but GROUND AND POUND ALWAYS PUT ME TO SLEEP. And that is watching at home with first person camera view. I wonder how boring it is to watch live when they are on the ground for 20 minutes on the other side of the octagon where you are sitting and paying a gazillion dollars for front row seats.

15whtrd[OP] and Law323 like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top