1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Maple Syrup: Season 2. For Sale and B.S. thread

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by Pudge, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Oct 2, 2018 at 7:55 PM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    :spending:

2. Oct 2, 2018 at 8:02 PM
    Pudge

Pudge [OP] Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    You got it!!!! PayPal is best and just PM me what you think you want to buy, maybe your cell #, and shipping info. Once I get it boxed up I'll get in touch to give you an idea if I can add more syrup to maximize shipping.
    @War Machine was looking to get some too so I'll get in touch with him and get your orders boxed up this weekend.

NewImprovedRon and T-Rex266 like this.
  3. Oct 2, 2018 at 8:37 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    New labels for bottles came in today. I'll be at the sugar house this weekend framing up the wood shed. I'll label a bunch up, and take inventory of what I have left so i can get an idea of what I have left to fill any holiday orders for members here.

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  4. Oct 2, 2018 at 8:45 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Wow Sean. A lot of guys here are trying to give you some wood.

T-Rex266 and Pudge[OP] like this.
  5. Oct 2, 2018 at 8:46 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    This is my "me too" moment I guess lol. Its tough being me sometimes.

6. Oct 2, 2018 at 8:48 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Maybe you need to model for a syrup bottle like Mrs. Butterworth.

Rica25 likes this.
  7. Oct 2, 2018 at 8:50 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    I just need those people to quit knocking on my door trying to give me pancakes.

Stupid Jemima’s Witnesses.

8. Oct 2, 2018 at 8:51 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Everyone knows Mrs butterworth is hotter than aunt jemima so I'll take that as a complement

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  9. Oct 2, 2018 at 8:52 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    I have those people working with me, you order syrup and I send them to your door. We've got a pretty good racket going

TXMiamiFan likes this.
  10. Oct 6, 2018 at 5:34 PM
    Azblue

Azblue Beer is Good Ban Moderator

Member:
    The Dirty T
    Dammit! I don't even really like maple, but my wife makes awesome homemade sourdough pancakes that I usually drown in store bought sugar free syrup and butter. Anyways, now that I've read a few hundred posts in this thread I want real maple syrup even though I don't know if I'll even like it.

NewImprovedRon, 1UPPER and Pudge[OP] like this.
  11. Oct 6, 2018 at 5:42 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Lol this will change your life man. Good stuff and will blow away the store bought stuff. Even store bought 100% pure. Its definitely it sugar free though. I guess it's all natural sugar so its excusable.

12. Oct 6, 2018 at 5:47 PM
    Azblue

Member:
    The Dirty T

Well, if it's all natural then I'm sure the sugar doesn't count. What's your small trial size + shipping run. I've been detailing my truck all day in the garage while drinking beer, so I'm in a blow money online type of attitude. :spending:

Pudge[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  13. Oct 6, 2018 at 6:07 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Small size is 8oz. Unfortunately shipping isnt cheap, unless you live pretty close to me. I usually use USPS flat rate which is $14 for a medium box which can fit 3-5 bottles depending on size. I haven't shipped just a single bottle yet, most ppl want a full box but I will do whatever you want.

14. Oct 6, 2018 at 6:15 PM
    Azblue

Member:
    The Dirty T

Works for me. I'm assuming that I'll love it, so how about a 16 and a 12 oz. Will that fit in a box?

15. Oct 6, 2018 at 6:28 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    It sure will. PM me your name and shipping info and I'll mail it Tuesday :thumbsup:

Azblue[QUOTED] likes this.
  16. Oct 6, 2018 at 6:38 PM
    Azblue

Member:
    The Dirty T

Sent. :yes:

17. Oct 6, 2018 at 6:44 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    You guys are all so awesome. Thanks again for all your support.

rons23, NewImprovedRon and TXMiamiFan like this.
  18. Oct 6, 2018 at 6:48 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Will be boxing up orders for @Azblue @Rica25 and @Tinman tomorrow. Got some new labels, same design but they are recycled paper so the color is actually pretty cool instead of plain white. Kinda look antique to me. @Tinman let me know what you'd like for syrup, or your budget and I'll pack a box for you. I'm off work Tuesday so I'll mail them out then.
    If anyone else wants some, shoot me a PM and I'll fill your orders Tuesday too. Nice to be back into the swing of things again after a few slow months.

19. Oct 6, 2018 at 6:53 PM
    Azblue

Member:
    The Dirty T
    @Pudge is an awesome guy to deal with. Very prompt and I can not wait to try the syrup. Going to have the wife make me a breakfast for dinner of her homemade sourdough pancakes, sausage, bacon and eggs all covered in real maple syrup. :cheers:

1UPPER and Pudge[OP] like this.
  20. Oct 6, 2018 at 6:57 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    That sounds delicious !!!! I will say that real syrup on bacon and / or sausage is a game changer. A few months ago I made a sandwich with bacon, sausage, scrambled egg, with pancakes as the bun and smothered it in syrup, holy chite was that good.

I have a brioche and bacon French toast casserole soaking up the egg and cream in my fridge right now that I put together. Will bake it in the a.m. for my little syrup taster and myself

Casper421 and Azblue[QUOTED] like this.
  21. Oct 6, 2018 at 10:13 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    My wife hates syrup. She legit loves these ones though.

Azblue[QUOTED], 1UPPER and Pudge[OP] like this.
  22. Oct 7, 2018 at 6:19 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    20181007_091651.jpg

blue16, Casper421, Rica25 and 2 others like this.
  23. Oct 7, 2018 at 10:14 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Got more framing done on the wood shed this morning. Its 16x10ft. The posts were left long intentionally to figure out what pitch and direction we wanted on the roof, I'll cut them flush with my new chainsaw. A Change of plans came today to have the roof pitch from front to back rather than a lean too style from the barn to the far end. This will give a lot more head room. The back and end wall will be sided with wide spaced rough sawn pine, half of the front will be cattle fence. And the other half will have a stone step to get into the shed. Roof will be corrugated metal. It should hold 6 to 8 cords of wood fully packed. That's not enough for a full syrup season but a huge help as far as dry wood goes. Some firewood will still be on pallets under tarps, oh well

20181007_123759.jpg

20181007_140610.jpg

Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
  24. Oct 7, 2018 at 10:17 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Also I will update to OP
    *******we are SOLD OUT of 16oz and 32oz

We have a few remaining maple leaf 3.5oz, and a couple dozen 8z and 12oz left.

Rica25 likes this.
  25. Oct 9, 2018 at 9:06 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
  26. Oct 9, 2018 at 10:05 AM
    Azblue

Member:
    The Dirty T

Awesome! The wife has promised that big breakfast for dinner as soon as it shows up. :yay:

27. Oct 9, 2018 at 10:08 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    USPS has been good to me. I would imagine you'll be having a nice Saturday breakfast:)
    I'll send you the tracking number so you can keep an eye out

T-Rex266, NewImprovedRon and Azblue like this.
  28. Oct 9, 2018 at 12:21 PM
    War Machine

War Machine SSEM # 5 3MW

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    Texas
    Sell those so I can start a bidding war for what I have. :spy:

29. Oct 9, 2018 at 12:38 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Working on it :)
    I found about two dozen bottles that have some sugar crystals in them. This happens now and then when the syrup is a little too hot when its bottled. Not sure what I'll do with these yet, there's no harm or change in flavor, just some crystals. Might rebottle them or sell them a little cheaper, I stuffed a few in my cabinet to use for myself. We'll see once I get a full count of how many are effected.

30. Oct 9, 2018 at 12:50 PM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    Throw it in microwave for a few seconds and crystals are not delicious syrup again.

Products Discussed in

To Top