1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Maple Syrup: Season 2. For Sale and B.S. thread

Discussion in 'Food Talk' started by Pudge, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Feb 10, 2018 at 8:16 PM
    Pudge

Pudge [OP] Super Secret Elite Member #7

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2015 Blue Ribbon Platinum
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    Check post #2 for pricing and shipping info. And feel free to email me with any questions.

Today marked the 1st day of the 2018 maple sugaring season for me.

Season 1 can be found here... https://www.tundras.com/threads/maple-syrup.10578/ this is a picture heavy thread with lots of explanation and BS but also good information.

This will be the go to thread for season 2 for me and all who wish to follow.

The syrup IS for sale but again shipping will take me a little time. This and the 2nd post will be edited to reflect my stock and updated pricing and shipping info.

Orders are best done via PM and I will do my best to get it out to you ASAP. When ordering please title the PM MAPLE SYRUP ORDER, and include shipping and paypal info, i can send you and invoice, or we can work out otger payment options. This is a very time consuming hobby so please be patient with me. I try to get back to you ASAP but as some of you may have experienced, I forget, so if I don't reply to your PM or you feel like your order is taking too long, please PM me again.

So many of you have been amazingly helpful in getting this little business off the ground and have shown great interest in this odd hobby of mine. Thanks to all who have helped me along the way.

The first taps and buckets of the year are filling with sap as I write this...

20180210_131731.jpg

Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
  2. Feb 10, 2018 at 8:16 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    TRD PRO grille, OCD consol organizers, DIY wireless phone charger, 33" Michelin Defender LTX MS, Bak revolver X2 tonneau, weathertech liners, 20% tints. DIY pop n lock, 2018 LED headlights, morimoto fogs, TRD shift knob, DirtyDeeds 8"BAM exhaust, kenwood HU,JL amp, Tech12volts Tundra full speaker upgrade w/sub, Swing case, and lots of fluid film
    SYRUP available for purchase. Shipping will take me a few days to get sorted out as I have a ton or orders, and a full time job and single dad blah blah blah...
    Will update OP and this post when the liquid gold is bottled up and ready to go.

Prices and sizing as follows..
    3.5oz glass leaf $9
    8oz glass flask $10
    12oz glass flask $15
    16oz glass jug $20 ****SOLD OUT
    32oz plastic quart jugs $30. ****SOLD OUT

PAYMENT: I'd prefer PayPal, as a GIFT if possible and you feel comfortable doing so, to avoid the fees. If not that's fine. If you don't have PayPal we can figure something out.

SHIPPING
    : so far i have only used USPS flat rate shipping. It's $14 for a medium box and $19 for large. If you have a hookup on shipping and want to email me a prepaid label then that's great, I know shipping costs suck.

HOW MUCH CAN I FIT IN A BOX?
    This depends on what you want. I can fit 3-5 quarts in a medium and 4-5 in a large. Those are plastic. When it's glass I need to pack more carefully and it's 2 pints per medium and 3 or 4 per large. 8oz and 12oz bottles are flat, almost flask like and I should be able to fit more. The maple leaf bottles are really fragile and take up some decent space. PM me if you have questions, I'm willing to do a dry fit when I have time, to maximize your shipping costs. I will say this, not in an effort to sell more but to help out you all, order more than you want because I can usually fit more than you order, this way you maximize your shipping costs. I wish there was a cheaper way to mail this stuff. And like I said I will do all I can to get as much in a box as possible and I'll test fit it for you and let you know.

**REFRIDGERATE AFTER OPENING**
    Unopened bottles do not have to go in the fridge but not a bad idea to keep glass bottles out of the sunlight.

20180328_121755.jpg

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Sas, NCinCO, Otaku4life69 and 6 others like this.
  3. Feb 10, 2018 at 8:16 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Started at around 8 this morning and got the truck loaded with everything needed to tap trees. My 2 brothers and I went out and did 150 taps today which took up a good chunk of the day
    Then went back to the sugar house to get the evaporator set up to cook tomorrow.
    It's a tricky hobby because you have no idea, well maybe a few days warning to the start of the season. It's fully dependant on the weather. You want warm days 40-50° and cold nights <30° for several days in a row, usually around valentines day here in CT.
    When you see that weather you have a day or 2 to get prepped and ready to go, and there's really nothing you can do until then other than inventory and buy whatever is needed for the season. I figured this would be the weekend to start since the weather looks good and I don't have to work this weekend. So I worked out well.
    I have spent the last week or so taking inventory and making some adjustments to the equipment and machines.
    Last week I added 3 feet of pipe to the smoke stack, this should help the fire draw a bit better to the back pan.

20180130_144007.jpg

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  4. Feb 10, 2018 at 8:22 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADER,RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    Pudge[OP] likes this.
  5. Feb 10, 2018 at 8:22 PM
    Njmike13

Njmike13 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Hunterdon county, NJ
    Vehicle:
    2021 PRO Lunar Rock
    Very cool. I enjoyed reading the last thread on this. I'll take some this time around since I missed it last time.

Pudge[OP] likes this.
  6. Feb 10, 2018 at 8:26 PM
    csuviper

csuviper Moderator Staff Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Broomfield, CO
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD Sport CM 5.7L 4X4
    Some Mods :) See build thread for details
    In

Pudge[OP] likes this.
  7. Feb 10, 2018 at 8:31 PM
    4x4_Angel

4x4_Angel Perfectly Imperfect Tomboy....TTC #132

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    ToyTec BOSS Lift, FRAC, 18" Fuel Pump wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    Messaged you! Totally not missing out on this!

Pudge[OP] likes this.
  8. Feb 10, 2018 at 8:32 PM
    Areith762

Areith762 Go Avs!!!

Member:
    First Name:
    .- -. - .... --- -.
    39.944182, -104.760113
    Vehicle:
    2017 Blazing Blue 5.7L CM SR5 4X4
    DAP Tune, Katskin interior leather, ESP rear under seat storage, door sill protector, door edge protector, TRD Pro shift knob, heated seats, all weather Tundra floor mats, driver side a-frame handle, Tundra trucks center console emblem, clear bra protection, Bushwacker fender flares, paint match front bumper caps, paint match rear bumper caps, paint match mirror caps, ProComp 3/1 lift, 20" Fuel wheels, 33-11.50/R20 Falcon tires, black TRD Pro badge's, black Tundra tailgate badge insert, TRD Pro headlights, Recon smoked tail lights, Recon smoked 3rd brake light, Roll N Lock tonneau cover, Line-X bed liner, Tundra bed mat, Cobra led remote alarm/remote start, N-fab tube steps, factory match window tint, TRD Pro grille -paint matched, paint matched hood bulge, TRD dual exhaust, Black out exhaust tips, led interior lights, led plate lights, Spyder smoked fog lights, TRD Cold Air Intake
    In

Pudge[OP] likes this.
  9. Feb 10, 2018 at 8:40 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Hey Adam thanks for asking. My back has been pretty good, my legs are another story, lots of tingling and burning but pretty much only when I lay down. Also I have been getting epidural injections every month or so which helps a lot, and I got a custom fit brace just for syrup season. By the time insurance approved the surgery, the recovery time would have made it impossible for me to do syrup at all this year.
    I have a few extra volunteers this year to help out, hopefully they actually do. I also made some holding and transfer tanks up to minimize the carrying of buckets of sap in a few areas that were troublesome for me.
    So far, so good. Also not too smart of me to do this but if I physically can I will. I won't push it too hard though.

10. Feb 10, 2018 at 8:43 PM
    TXRailRoadBandit73

TXRailRoadBandit73 YOTAS,RAILROADER,RÖKnRÖLLN',BEER,MAX/GEMMA

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    The 956, TEXAS
    None yet
    Just be careful brother!

11. Feb 10, 2018 at 8:57 PM
    JMB

JMB Not new, just a little old.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White Tundra DC
    5100s all around, 295-70-18 Defenders, 1.25 Spidertrax spacers, BD reverse lights, de-badged, interior LEDs, footwell LEDs, reverse LEDs, ARE cap, front receiver hitch for cooler holder, cooler holder/rod rack, backup camera, Kenwood HU, Westin nerf bars, Husky floor liners, folding rear seats, remote battery posts, plastidip grill chrome, Powder coat bumpers.
    As someone who has had C area fusion and will probably have L fusion in the next few years, the best advice I can provide is don't be a tough guy too much, tough is spelled stupid. I'd give up a year of syrup for many more in the future.

12. Feb 10, 2018 at 9:01 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Fusion is in my future no doubt. But I do feel pretty good these days with my current treatments, and the best part is I am not on any meds at all. The thing that screwed me last year was actually playing golf, go figure I was good all syrup season. Then played 2 rounds if golf in a week and I was shot for 2 months.

13. Feb 10, 2018 at 9:04 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
  14. Feb 10, 2018 at 9:04 PM
    4x4_Angel

4x4_Angel Perfectly Imperfect Tomboy....TTC #132

Member:
    First Name:
    Bree
    Funky Town, Texas
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 CM Silver Sky
    ToyTec BOSS Lift, FRAC, 18" Fuel Pump wheels, Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    Yes @Pudge please be careful!

Pudge[OP] likes this.
  15. Feb 10, 2018 at 9:07 PM
    TheBeast

TheBeast The Beach

Member:
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    I'm in for some when you start making them.

Pudge[OP] likes this.
  16. Feb 10, 2018 at 9:16 PM
    JMB

JMB Not new, just a little old.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White Tundra DC
    5100s all around, 295-70-18 Defenders, 1.25 Spidertrax spacers, BD reverse lights, de-badged, interior LEDs, footwell LEDs, reverse LEDs, ARE cap, front receiver hitch for cooler holder, cooler holder/rod rack, backup camera, Kenwood HU, Westin nerf bars, Husky floor liners, folding rear seats, remote battery posts, plastidip grill chrome, Powder coat bumpers.
    I've never been a golfer but a friend talked me into going to a driving range many years ago. Hit balls and drink beer. Three shots in I was just drinking beers. That shit hurt.

Pudge[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  17. Feb 10, 2018 at 9:49 PM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
    In and stickied for mod discount :D

18. Feb 10, 2018 at 9:53 PM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Wow now I know I've really made it haha. Sticky status is the real deal. I'm honored to be honest.

19. Feb 10, 2018 at 10:28 PM
    RangerBP

RangerBP SC Expat

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2017 4x4 DC, Silver Sky
    Take my money, please. In.

20. Feb 11, 2018 at 3:03 AM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    How did the tig welding go on the fire grate? Can't wait for this years batch!

21. Feb 11, 2018 at 7:50 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    I ended up taking the grates out and bringing them to a welder. He tried but the kept cracking elsewhere. He offered to make some from steel angle iron but close to same price of new cast iron ones which will last longer, so I bought new grates unfortunately

driverdog likes this.
  22. Feb 11, 2018 at 7:52 AM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    dang it... sorry...

23. Feb 11, 2018 at 7:53 AM
    Pudge

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    CT
    Vehicle:
    Yeah the guy actually had high hopes. But as he was heating it new cracks started to show up and it was just shot. Oh well these new grates should last many years

driverdog and NewImprovedRon like this.
  24. Feb 11, 2018 at 7:59 AM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    I hope so... Now I've experienced your syrup, I have zero intentions of going back to regular store bought

driverdog and Pudge[QUOTED][OP] like this.
  25. Feb 11, 2018 at 8:01 AM
    darkknight2014

darkknight2014 Mods mods and more mods!!

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    New york
    Vehicle:
    2014 tundra sr5
    20" Cooper STT Pros on md rims, quadfire lights, pro grille, leather interior, navi, retrofitted headlights, blacked out chrome, TRD sway bar, hypertech interceptor, k&n air intake, Banks exhaust
    Pudge[OP] likes this.
  26. Feb 11, 2018 at 8:06 AM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    Put on some good back support brace or something. Warm up and stretch before you go out. Starting to work on cold muscles is no bueno.

Pudge[QUOTED][OP] likes this.
  27. Feb 11, 2018 at 8:07 AM
    TXMiamiFan

TXMiamiFan SSEM #3 and tractor extraordinaire

Member:
    First Name:
    Jose
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2016 White Crew Max TRD
    TRD Pro Grille, ESP Storage, Tailgate Inserts, Line-X Bedliner, Weathertech Floorliners, Wet Okole Seat Covers, 5" Shorty Antenna, Mickey Thompson MM-366 Wheels, ToyTec Boss, 35" BFG KO2 to name a few.
    Placing my order thru @Sean266 :D

Wait, never mind. Will pay full price to get first priority :rofl:

In for 4x32oz when it’s time.

28. Feb 11, 2018 at 8:51 AM
    Viper3G

Viper3G Why isn't work more like this?

Member:
    First Name:
    Rick
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    2016 Crew Max 1794 4WD Super White
    Phillips X-treme Ultinon LED H4 bulbs, 3M Color Stable 35 tint on front doors, 3M Crystalline 40 on sunroof, OEM bed liner, OEM running boards, Morimoto fog LEDs, Fold-A-Cover G4 Elite, Husky X-Act Contour floor mats
    We ran out at Christmas time. Now going through withdrawals and those pictures made me hungry!

29. Feb 11, 2018 at 8:55 AM
    RLHULK

RLHULK Too many gamma rays in all that BBQ smoke.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rich
    Oklahoma, Toyota seat trim durability tester
    Vehicle:
    2022 Silverado LT.
    Still rolling stock baby....
    I am in for a couple 12oz or 16oz bottles...

driverdog and Pudge[OP] like this.
  30. Feb 11, 2018 at 9:05 AM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    I'm still working on last years syrup, otherwise I'd be buying more 'cause it's great stuff!

Pudge[OP] and NewImprovedRon like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top