1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Loud and proud in California

Discussion in 'California' started by Sterlinglwood, Jan 8, 2019.

1. Jan 11, 2019 at 6:37 PM
    Rakso

Rakso Tundra + Tacoma=Winner

Member:
    First Name:
    Oskar
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    18 CM Super White 4X4
    TRD sway bar, TRD filter
    I little gray on the "modified" part. All other I can give a thousand shits.

2. Jan 12, 2019 at 3:07 PM
    Sterlinglwood

Sterlinglwood [OP] Never enough!

Member:
    First Name:
    Sterling
    Newbury Park, CA
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra Double Cab SR5 4X4
    :ohsnap:

Rica25 and Sas[QUOTED] like this.
  3. Jan 12, 2019 at 3:34 PM
    MRQZTNDR93

MRQZTNDR93 New Member

Member:
    San Diego CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 TUNDRA SR5 TRD OFF ROAD
    so adding a super 44 flowmaster to my 4.6 would be grater than 95? in san diego

Rica25 likes this.
  4. Jan 13, 2019 at 2:38 AM
    brownmike

brownmike New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '17 CM 4x4
    I think this wont be a big deal unless you have a muffler delete (who I blame for this). Living right off a main street, I hear countless mustangs/civics/challengers/camaros/nissans/etc etc revving their straight-piped raspy-ass exhausts 24/7. It is obnoxious, especially at 3am. This goes for the Dyna Bros's revving the piss out of their sweet club style bikes...

I also hear turbos spooling, superchargers whining, mean sounding exhausts and other bikes, most of which have me looking like a prairie dog to see what it is. My Taco has decent exhaust, my Sporty has a loud exhaust, but when you drive normally its not gonna piss people (or cops) off...

MRQZTNDR93 and 15whtrd like this.
  5. Jan 13, 2019 at 2:43 AM
    Kanelakos

Kanelakos New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dean
    Kirkwood NY
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra DC SR5 TRD Off Road - Inferno
    None..... Yet
    Sorry no sympathy here because the people of California vote in those idiots every election... complain about the laws they make and then still vote for the morons.

Sas, bvia, Inquiringone and 2 others like this.
  6. Jan 13, 2019 at 3:52 AM
    Spvrtan

Spvrtan Amateur fabricator

Member:
    First Name:
    Kris
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    Black '14 CM SR5 w/ SC; 40s on 17s; 5.29s
    As a few already said, we're exempt from the law. In case a cop tries to ticket you for it, just cite the code. Our trucks are over 6k GVWR.

7. Jan 13, 2019 at 5:24 AM
    Jimes

Jimes New Member

Member:
    Bay Area, California
    Vehicle:
    2015 toyota tundra trd pro
    Personally, I don’t see why everyone complains about California. We have everything here. Including tons of off-road places and trails that we have access too from rivers, ocean dunes, deserts, mountains, you name it we got it. Our laws and taxes are there for a reason. You can’t afford it that’s your problem. Do a better job at managing your money and career. We have more people in our state than most others so we need and have different laws than let’s say a more rural state. Makes sense to me plus none of the laws here bother me or affect me in any negative way. Including gun and exhaust laws. Nobody said I can’t own a gun, just not high powered fully automatics which I have no reason to have. I’m not in an actual war zone. If that’s what you need, that’s good for you, quit crying about a state you don’t live in. Or vote if you do. Cause I’m sure I can come up with plenty of reasons why your state sucks too. But I’m not a hater like that. Nor do I care about what another state does that I don’t live in. Each state has it’s own shitty laws and BS, but they all offer something good as well. Find a state that has more like minded people like yourself and go there. To each their own I guess. Plus like Spvrtan said the new exhaust law doesn’t apply to our trucks. So..... unless you have something else with a loud exhaust there’s no reason why this new law should bother anyone. Now go ahead and go nuts on me about defending Cali as I know the majority here hate our state and laws.

8. Jan 13, 2019 at 6:09 AM
    ZPMAN

ZPMAN 2nd place is the 1st looser

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Minnesota
    Vehicle:
    2016 Black Platinum Supercharged
    4" lift, 35s, Magnuson Supercharger
    My personal opinion on this law is that it gives an officer the opportunity to give this ticket to anyone that does not know the difference between street or strip or cops an attitude with him.

9. Jan 13, 2019 at 6:24 AM
    NH2BV

NH2BV Daily drivers!

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Las Cruces, NM
    Vehicle:
    2024 Tundra TRD Off Road
    Rock Stock OEM beast
    Got it Jimes. We are still under the rule of the governing class in Sacramento and the large coastal cities. That "there should to be a law" crowd that is moving to Nevada and Colorado have moved those states to more silliness in their laws. So, although you may be safe, a lot of the crazy lefties are headed your way because they have made living in California difficult at best. You may as well start considering the freedoms of modding exhaust and a lot of the freedoms we have had in the past as on their death beds. Look at what is happening to gun laws here. And escaping to nearby states is getting less likely. Just look at how crazy the folks in Washington and Oregon have gotten out "crazying" California with offensive laws against freedoms. I envy those who are not under the tyranny of folks like Governor Brown (and now Newsom). You still have freedoms, but the window is closing. Beware of those in-conspicuous California tags on vehicles in your state! They represent the disease that California folks carry. Once they start voting and making laws in your state, you have lost control.

Inquiringone and jewsNbrews like this.
  10. Jan 13, 2019 at 6:37 AM
    1UPPER

1UPPER Not A New Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Flux capacitor!
    I could see saying “My truck exhaust recognizes itself as a stock exhaust and not aftermarket” working as a defense in California.

Sas, bvia[QUOTED], jewsNbrews and 2 others like this.
  11. Jan 13, 2019 at 7:55 AM
    Samoan Thor

Samoan Thor God is technically an alien

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Limited 2014 crewmax 4X4
    Kings F&R, no sway bars
    LEAVE STRAIGHT PIPES ALOOONE!

B6B18311-9BAE-456A-9429-886D73151E68.jpg

Rica25, reelcracker and jewsNbrews like this.
  12. Jan 13, 2019 at 8:32 AM
    Jimes

Jimes New Member

Member:
    Bay Area, California
    Vehicle:
    2015 toyota tundra trd pro
    I hear ya. But again that’s your opinion just like I have mine. We’re all entitled to them. I guess I’m just one of those “crazy lefties” that appreciates the gun laws and and other clean air laws that restrict me from doing whatever I want to my vehicle because of how it affects our planet. Not to say I’m the greenest person on here considering I drive a tundra. Lol. With as many people as we have in our state we need laws to restrict us or we’ll destroy this place even faster. Again, none of the laws affect my day to day living so they don’t bother me. If we can put more common sense gun laws like Australia I would be happy, but I guess giving more people access to guns is safer. Ha ha. Most people who own guns don’t properly store them and that’s where shit starts going down hill. And it’s not the illegal immigrants that kill most of the people in the US. It’s US citizens with legal guns. Times change, people change and social media has made people crazy wether on the left, right or independent. By the way plenty of people on the “right” do evil things too. But now it’s getting too political and I’m not a fan of politics. So I’ll stop. Sorry for the rants, but I love Cali and everything that it has to offer so I will always defend it. Also love living in my quiet coastal town. This is what I see on a daily. Can’t complain. Enjoy the day everyone. 7D4D2377-70A2-4C86-92A0-ECF6E89044FE.jpg8C70941D-C3E2-449D-9460-BCEC66FC7249.jpg 2545706E-130D-40BA-8067-DDA8A6833812.jpg

TheGibbster, 831Tun, Rica25 and 2 others like this.
  13. Jan 13, 2019 at 9:01 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    I have the Bam 6”. I have not been messed with. I’ve always had a loud exhaust. Flow masters magnaflows. Never really been messed with. Maybe because I drive responsibly and only use that exhaust when the time is right. Many years ago I had a cop tell me my truck sounded pretty mellow. He asked if I did anything to it. I said no. He smiled and sent me on my way. I would be willing to bet most of them have exhausts on their cars as well. Don’t give them a reason to find something wrong. Basically don’t drive like a dickhead. I get up to speed rather quickly but typically don’t speed faster than the flow of traffic. Don’t weave in and out like a “dickhead” and we should be ok.

I did sign the petition though.

Black Wolf, joonbug and Jimes like this.
  14. Jan 13, 2019 at 9:09 AM
    16TRD

16TRD New Member

Member:
    Norcal
    Vehicle:
    2016 White crewmax
    Just waiting till that retirement

Black Wolf[QUOTED] likes this.
  15. Jan 14, 2019 at 2:08 PM
    reelcracker

reelcracker Just a squirrel trying to get a nut

Member:
    First Name:
    Farva
    Vehicle:
    2018 off-road d/c
    Tyger steps, 6 " pro comp lift with fox rears, 20" drop stars -25 offset, toyo m/t's 35x12.50
  16. Jan 14, 2019 at 2:31 PM
    SoCalTundy

SoCalTundy Member since 2017

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Icon Shocks. Total Chaos UCA. Deaver u748 TC shackles Flowmaster super 50. Diode Dynamics fogs. 5.29 Revolution Gears. SSW 17" wheels on BFG 35x12.5
    For the record, I lean right. But let’s not turn this cool site into foxnews and have a bunch of ignorant posts like people post on there about a place they don’t live in or have never visited. It gets old.

porkitt likes this.
  17. Jan 15, 2019 at 6:16 AM
    bvia

bvia New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Texas Edition Tundra 2WD 4.6 DblCab
    None
    Or NBC/CBS/CNN/MSNBC/Univision...No side has a monopoly on ignorance. :)

B

18. Jan 15, 2019 at 6:51 AM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    TC long travel. Deaver 420 SU leaf packs.
    @Jimes :thumbsup:. Sure folks can bag on Cali if they can't see the big picture. Without leading the way on things like emissions and clean air folks this country could be wearing dust masks daily just the Chinese. I think a big reason for the new law is because of the whistle tips that people in Oakland and other areas were attaching to their exhaust. I love the sound of a nice V8 but in a residential neighborhood, middle of the night.....not so much. It's the actions of the stupid and the inconsiderate that necessitate laws like this, not Californians in general.

Jimes, BestGen, 15whtrd and 5 others like this.
  19. Jan 15, 2019 at 7:38 AM
    Stormtrooper81

Stormtrooper81 Slow and steady

Member:
    Lost coast
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC
    Whistle tips. Somebody always f**ks it up for the rest of us

20. Jan 15, 2019 at 7:46 AM
    bvia

bvia New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    None
    :rofl:
    FYI...EVERYTHING about that image, from the barrel shroud, high capacity tube magazine, short barrel is against the law in Sunny California...

21. Jan 15, 2019 at 7:49 AM
    bvia

bvia New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    None
    Bubb Rubb assured me that these were just fo dekurayshun...just fo dekurayshun...:rofl:
    b

Black Wolf and Stormtrooper81 like this.
  22. Jan 15, 2019 at 7:50 AM
    Stormtrooper81

Stormtrooper81 Slow and steady

Member:
    Lost coast
    Vehicle:
    2011 DC
    "When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty."Thomas Jefferson.

Black Wolf and Toyokuhl like this.
  23. Jan 15, 2019 at 7:54 AM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    Yeah, and an AR was found in a bag on the lawn in front of the middle school where I have 2 daughters attending. I'm fine with gun control!

Jimes and joonbug like this.
  24. Jan 15, 2019 at 7:57 AM
    Toyokuhl

Toyokuhl New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    aaron
    SWFL
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cav Blue CM OR
    California sounds fun, I'll leave it all for you who stay in that eutopia! I hate freedom, too!

Black Wolf, Stormtrooper81 and 831Tun like this.
  25. Jan 15, 2019 at 7:58 AM
    bvia

bvia New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    None
    Sorry to hear that. It's truly a shame that liberty and freedom are so messy when put into action. I can see your point about putting up limitations on them.
    B

Black Wolf likes this.
  26. Jan 15, 2019 at 8:09 AM
    831Tun

831Tun heartless Bastrd

Member:
    First Name:
    Warren
    Santa Cruz
    Vehicle:
    '16 CM limited
    Yes, please don't visit! Too many narrow minded people here already.

Jimes, joonbug, 15whtrd and 2 others like this.
  27. Jan 15, 2019 at 8:38 AM
    kparrow

kparrow New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    Nampa, ID
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tundra DC 4x4 5.7l V8 Blue Streak Metallic
    Goodyear UltraTerrain AT 275/70/r18, Stoptech Cryo Slotted Rotors/Hawk LTS Pads, DECKED, and lots more!
    I moved out of San Diego to Montana a year and a half ago. While we miss all our family that ALL lives in Southern California.....having just gotten married it was a STRUGGLE to live in San Diego. We were living on one salary (wife was looking for a nursing job fresh out of school, nobody extended an interview in all of San Diego, Riverside, and OC that she applied to.....twice), not in debt but breaking even each month, living on a TIGHT budget, and not being able to save very much money. We were paying over $1300 a month for a 1 bedroom apartment with a parking spot, and add on top of that utilities, food, and a little bit of "fun" money and we were right at what we made. Being a firm believer in CCW and firearms rights....getting a CCW permit in CA is IMPOSSIBLE, the laws are becoming harder and harder to follow, taxes in CA are through the roof, and the state is overwhelmingly supporting illegal immigrants which I fundamentally disagree with. Illegals were living better than I was on the government's dime than I was working my ass off 40-50 hours a week!

Fast forward to moving to Montana. Within a year, with cost of living being the way it is here, We were able to save up enough for a down payment on my truck and I was able to add the Tundra to the family and dump my shitty Chevy Classic. We also were able to save for a down payment on a home, and purchased a 3bd, 2bath home on a corner lot that is almost a 1/4 acre and my mortgage payment is only $1400 a month!!! We have two incomes and our "hard" expenses (mortgage, utilities, gas, etc) each month are roughly half of our total income. We are able to put a lot of money into savings and our retirement accounts, and have much more freedom to spend some on ourselves, doing things we enjoy. My wife is able to get her nails and hair done more frequently(which she 110% deserves anytime she wants anyways...working as a nurse on 12hr shifts is hard as shit), get massages on the regular (again working nurse is hard on your back) and I'm able to work on mods to the truck and home which I enjoy. If we need anything....we have the ability to purchase it, it's not stressful. In CA it was stressful, here it is NOT. It's 100% better way of living without the stress of, "Can I go get some more groceries or do I have to wait 3 days till payday?". Also gun rights are much better here. Open carry is legal without permit in the state, and CCW is a shall issue so I will soon be obtaining that. I feel it is my right to carry a firearm to protect myself, my family, and innocent people around me. Not that anything is gonna go down here I feel.....but just like a fire extinguisher....better to always have the tool available and not need it, than need it and not have it.

All that to say, CA has gone WAY downhill and all the pro's of the state can no longer outweigh the con's for me. I can't afford to live there at this point and not be financially unstable. I refuse to work to live. Here I'm able to live, without having to work ALL THE TIME. I can enjoy the outdoors, shooting, hiking, camping, off-roading, mountain biking, snowboarding, etc without worry. It's awesome. Screw CA and their stupid enforcement's like exhaust. The state has bigger issues to worry about. You'll be hard pressed to get me moved back to that state....even if all my family lives there.

28. Jan 15, 2019 at 8:43 AM
    Toyokuhl

Toyokuhl New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    aaron
    SWFL
    Vehicle:
    2018 Cav Blue CM OR
    Your wish is my command!

Black Wolf likes this.
  29. Jan 15, 2019 at 10:35 AM
    TheGibbster

TheGibbster Kumite Express leaves in five minutes

Member:
    SF Bay
    I can completely understand moving out of state because you don't agree with CA politics. It works for me and mine, but obviously it's not going to be that way for everyone. If something like having a ccw permit is a deal breaker, then more power to you in finding where you and your family can be happy.

But for all those complaining about "illegals" having it better, you need to take your silly ass down to any farm out here in CA and tell that to the workers, and see the kind crap they have to deal with. If you can't manage to work harder and do better than someone who is here illegally, then that's your own failing, not the states.

So if you fall in the former category, then I wish you the best of luck trying to find a great situation for yourself. But if your part of the latter group, then like I said before.....don't let that door hit your ass on the way out, because we don't need ya:thumbsup:

Feel free to let the cali hate resume
    [​IMG]

Jimes and joonbug like this.
  30. Jan 15, 2019 at 1:16 PM
    bvia

bvia New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    None
    I think you meant to say "If something like being able to freely exercise your creator-given, enumerated constitutional rights is a deal breaker, then more power to you in finding where you and your family can be happy...

But hey, more power to YOU and yours also...:thumbsup:

As to Cali-hate, I never hate the whipped dog, I pity it for what's it's forced to accept.

B

Stormtrooper81 and 15whtrd like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top