1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Let's See Your Motorcycles!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Supermoto, Jan 30, 2014.

1. Apr 27, 2024 at 7:04 PM
    Warreng

Warreng New Member

Member:
    Reviews seem decent. Not sure I need it? Will it last?

2. Apr 30, 2024 at 1:27 PM
    Warreng

Warreng New Member

Member:
    DIWhy bead breaker. Going to tape the spokes and try my luck with tubeless.

IMG_7867.jpg

3. Apr 30, 2024 at 2:35 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    What tape were you looking to try? Just the other day I was reading up on some 3M 4412N and read that some have had success using it for the same purpose. No idea how long it would last though. Probably replace it with every tire change? I have the KTM tubeless on my Super Adventure and was pondering what I might be able to use if/when their rubber gasket version becomes unreliable. They have a 4411N that's a little thinner, and less expensive.
    https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/d/b40068325/

Warreng[QUOTED] likes this.
  4. Apr 30, 2024 at 3:03 PM
    Warreng

Warreng New Member

Member:
    4412 is what I bought. I did a bunch of “research” and some are getting years out of the tape if applied properly. I paid $90 CAD for 18yards, which is enough for many wheels. Incase its a fail, Sounds like a can of “fix a flat” is all that is needed for removal. Spray it in, let it sit a bit and then pull the tire. Tape turns gooey and comes off. I hope…

Wynnded[QUOTED] likes this.
  5. Apr 30, 2024 at 3:10 PM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    I like the sound of that! Except maybe the thought of cleaning up the fix-a-flat, but it still might be worth it.

Warreng[QUOTED] likes this.
  6. Apr 30, 2024 at 3:25 PM
    Warreng

Warreng New Member

Member:
    Tape removal is my biggest concern but will cross that road when I get there. Not sure the benefits outweigh the costs for going tubeless but what I know for sure is that installing the tube is the worst part of tire changes.

Wynnded[QUOTED] likes this.
  7. Apr 30, 2024 at 3:31 PM
    whodatschrome

whodatschrome New Member

Member:
    North of North Plains, Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2000 Tundra 4wd AC, 2004 Tundra AC 2wd to 4wd conversion no ABS
    lots of dents
    I don’t think any dirt specific dirtbike has ever come with ABS. As for large enduro bikes, adventure bikes (both large and small), or touring bikes with ABS, then that all comes down to personal preference. I pretty much exclusively ride offroad on my ktm 990A, so i removed the entire ABS system from the bike.

8. May 30, 2024 at 11:47 AM
    Warreng

Warreng New Member

Member:
    Pretty quiet here… weather has been shite but we need the rain.

Received my Carpuride w702 with a cracked screen, new one on its way no questions asked. nice to see a company trying to do the right thing.

tubeless conversion with 3m 4412N tape is holding air for a month and 400km (fingers crossed) Did 2 wraps of tape and had the tires installed at a shop with a machine for fear of tearing the tape with tire irons.

IMG_7901.jpg
    IMG_7880.jpg

Wynnded likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top