1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Least liked feature about your 2nd Gen Tundra

Discussion in '2nd Gen Tundras (2007-2013)' started by bleach, Jan 11, 2021.

1. May 24, 2021 at 7:11 AM
    Cpl_Punishment

Cpl_Punishment Young men never die.

Member:
    First Name:
    Rosy
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2020 MGM SR5 CM 4X4
    Boost Auto mirrors, RSB, Leer Legend canopy, Line-X bed liner
    How difficult it is to change the tires. The cheap, rinky dink feel of the pieces for the jack handle. Vague, unhelpful instructions in the manual - seriously, 3 pages on how to take the tools out from under the seat and only one tiny sketch on where to put the jack?! Jack point for the front is way too far back so you have to lift the whole side of the vehicle on a jack that's barely rated for it.

Also, I guess this is because this is the first RWD vehicle I've owned but how do I keep the front wheels from spinning when I'm changing them?

I guess you guys who run 35s or bigger never change your own tires? The stock 32s are too big for me to handle easily!

2. May 24, 2021 at 11:32 AM
    PhotoNerd

PhotoNerd New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    Waterford, CT
    Vehicle:
    2008 Salsa Red Tundra DC SR5 4x4
    Chrome delete, Sequioa grill, bed lights, LED + head, fog & tail lights, Dynamat throughout, front & rear cameras, Pheonix PX6 13" head unit, 8" subwoofer, JBL speaker upgrades, tonneau cover, custom shifter, steering wheel cover
    I loosen the lug nuts before the tire is off the ground, and drop it enough to get traction before fully tightening. Also reduces the risk of knocking the truck off the jack. But when I installed my spacers that wasn't an option, so I put it in 4WD prior to parking.

Had to buy a 3 ton floor jack for the garage because I really hate the included bottle jack.

Warning: I don't know what I'm doing.

3. May 27, 2021 at 8:22 PM
    Cortez11

Cortez11 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 DblCab 5.7 4x4
    2013 with the standard radio: wish the Bluetooth capabilities were easier to set up and add contacts. But came from another truck without, so just happy to not be putting a cassette with headphone wire in to listen to podcasts now…

4. May 30, 2021 at 1:12 PM
    bleach

bleach [OP] MEME Fiend

Member:
    First Name:
    DJ
    Battle Ground, WA
    Vehicle:
    1991 White Xtra-cab SR5 4X4 V6 5 speed 148K
    Can't check the effing transmission fluid level with a dipstick.:mad:
    The damn truck doesn't move if it sits for over a week. It takes a few second before it does.

Notarobot likes this.
  5. Jun 3, 2021 at 10:54 AM
    bleach

bleach [OP] MEME Fiend

Member:
    First Name:
    DJ
    Battle Ground, WA
    Vehicle:
    1991 White Xtra-cab SR5 4X4 V6 5 speed 148K
    No I think the brakes absolutely downright suck on these trucks. My brakes really shudder if I don't keep it in third going down the hill that I live on. I have not had anything with such terrible brakes other than my '56 Ford that has drum brakes all around that are not not power assisted. Even the '99 Tahoe I once had seemed like the brakes were a little undersized never had any issues like my Tundra. It used the exact same pads as my 1/2 ton '93 Silverado. Heck, my '02 Excursion which weighs a whole lot more than the Tundra doesn't need to be downshifted to go down my hill. There is absolutely no noticeable fade with it.

Products Discussed in

To Top