1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Keys from Dealership....am I missing one?

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by JNome, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Mar 8, 2019 at 8:29 AM
    Finch

Finch New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Donnie
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    '16 Inferno CM 5.7L TRD Off-Road
    My 06 tacoma came with a "credit card" key. Basically the shape of a credit card with a portion cut out the size of a key. I keep it in my wallet and that sucker has saved me a few times.

2. Nov 27, 2020 at 8:14 PM
    splitfuse

splitfuse Dr. Tundra

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    AB-CAN
    Vehicle:
    2020 Cement Tundra Crew TRD
    Hooking up the boosters to an old thread :)

Picked up my 2020 TRD Offroad today and got 2 x electronic fobs + 1 manual valet key (works in drivers door + tailgate + glove box). I was concerned why I didn’t get 2 valet keys since the truck was supposed to come with 2 sets of keys. Looks like I should be ‘thankful’ for at least getting 1.

As for those that didn’t get the valet key (but have a key locked glove box, tailgate, drivers door) some things do make me scratch my head. I can’t say I can think of a situation where a lock set didn’t include the key! If this is a cost savings initiative for Toyota I’m afraid they must be in serious trouble. I better check that my jack has a handle or my security lug nuts have the key socket (heavy does sarcasm)

3. Apr 12, 2021 at 6:33 PM
    SSPey

SSPey .

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2021 DinoSR5
    Is it even possible to obtain (pay for) a 4runner style valet key for the Tundra? One that operates the doors and ignition, but not the glove box?

I have a need for an old-school valet key, when paying others to shuttle my rig from spot-to-spot during driftboat floats down rivers.

Products Discussed in

To Top