1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Job/Career advice

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by nowayout, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Mar 13, 2018 at 6:29 PM
    nowayout

nowayout [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jason
    NY
    Vehicle:
    17 CM
    So much greatness in this thread. I wish I could sit down with each of you over coffee and discuss life.

I actually received a phone call today from a friend who owns some local businesses. It really surprised me as I just started this thread last night while stressing. He mentions he has a place available and wants me to take the opportunity to start something we discussed a year and half ago. It was only a quick phone call but we plan to sit down soon.

I have no kids and my wife really doesn't give a shit what I do. The place I would be leaving will assure me the door will remain open. If not there are other companies that will pick me up. Everyone tells me I am crazy for leaving and I kinda feel the same way but I need to try. I just cant think about it and that be good enough.

I see the struggle of small business owners. I see the long hours they put in and that does worry me some. Maybe I would just be better off as an employee. I won't know till I try though.

There is no middle road with pay around here. Its either you work locally for little money or commute to the city for the good money. I wish I could just cut my job hours in half and I would accept half the pay to go along with it.

gosolo and T-Rex266 like this.
  2. Mar 13, 2018 at 6:37 PM
    Part_time

Part_time Not a new member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2017 MICA BRONZE SR5
    I used to commute 1.5 each way, stayed with the job bought a house closer to work now 40 min. I can live with that....

Products Discussed in

To Top