1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is My Truck Lifted?

Discussion in '1st Gen Tundras (2000-2006)' started by DanielDD, Dec 15, 2020.

1. Dec 17, 2020 at 6:53 AM
    KNABORES

KNABORES Sarcasm incoming

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited TRD AC 4X4 Thunder Grey 270k miles. 2019 Limited TRD CM 4x4 Cement Grey 75k miles
    2000: Bilstein 5100's 16x8 589's with 265/75/16 and 1.25" spacers Flowmaster 50 series over the axle dump Pioneer touchscreen with backup camera Full interior and dash LED conversion Trailer brake controller with 7 pin Bedliner coat bumpers & trim ARE topper 2019: ARE topper with full Bedrug kit and Vortex rack TRD shifter 1.25" wheel spacers (I like to live dangerously) Red tow hooks for that +15 grip bonus
    Neither of these mods has ruined the suspension. The extra leaf was obviously just thrown in to increase the rear height of the truck, who knows what the ride or load carrying is like with it. The front spacers are a common mod. If you're replacing the front shocks anyway, just replace with your setup of choice. If the rear is not performing how you would like, then change the leaf setup. Adding a leaf is also a very common mod, and as long as it doesn't cause some unpleasant effect on the ride and you like the ride height, there's nothing wrong with it. The added leaf does not have an isolator pad on it, could add one if its making noise back there.

2. Dec 17, 2020 at 7:49 AM
    speedtre

speedtre New Member

Member:
    Inland Northwest
    Vehicle:
    2006 BSM Toyota Tundra DC TRD 4x4
    Not sure about the leafs, but I think the TRD package had different coils up front. It would make sense the the rear leafs would be a bit different, but I can't say for sure.

3. Dec 17, 2020 at 7:54 AM
    KNABORES

KNABORES Sarcasm incoming

Member:
    Arkansas
    Vehicle:
    2000 Limited TRD AC 4X4 Thunder Grey 270k miles. 2019 Limited TRD CM 4x4 Cement Grey 75k miles
    2000: Bilstein 5100's 16x8 589's with 265/75/16 and 1.25" spacers Flowmaster 50 series over the axle dump Pioneer touchscreen with backup camera Full interior and dash LED conversion Trailer brake controller with 7 pin Bedliner coat bumpers & trim ARE topper 2019: ARE topper with full Bedrug kit and Vortex rack TRD shifter 1.25" wheel spacers (I like to live dangerously) Red tow hooks for that +15 grip bonus
    Those appear to be the TRD coils in his pictures. The non-TRD have less "rungs". The TRD coils have more rungs that are closer together. Makes spring compressors a pain to use on them.

4. Dec 17, 2020 at 8:58 AM
    BlueBottle

BlueBottle not a PRO

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '16 Platinum 4x4
    See fine print
    The fronts look like they have a daystar lift (spacers). Make sure to get coilovers if you replace them.

5. Dec 17, 2020 at 3:55 PM
    DanielDD

DanielDD [OP] Too Old to Rock and Roll and Too Young to Die

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    2001 TRD Tundra
    I think my next course of action will be to take it to the local tire shop and have them do a complete suspension analysis and give me a list of things that need to be fixed. Also will ask how far out of alignment it is. If they tell me that the suspension is old and worn but not immediately hazardous, then I will go ahead and get new tires (back tires are completely bald) and wait until my 4 post lift arrives next month and then I will have the capability of tearing into the suspension myself. Once complete, I will get it aligned. The truck is mainly a farm truck, but occasionally does short trips into town for farm/lumber supplies. As long as the current suspension is not dangerous and the alignment is not too far out, then new tires would at least give me traction in the field and on wet roads.

Products Discussed in

To Top