1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

How many miles before trading in?!

Discussion in 'General Tundra Discussion' started by TundraLLama, Oct 17, 2021.

1. Oct 19, 2021 at 7:43 AM
    Muleycrazy13

Muleycrazy13 New Member

Member:
    Buckeye, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2015 MGM TRD 4x4 Crewmax
    Toyota spray in bed liner/ 30" LED Lightbar/ Pro Comp Pro Runner SS @ 2.5"/ Husky Xact fronts/ Weathertech rear/ NFAB steps/ 275/70R18 BFG KO2's/ LED interior from GTR lighting/ Tekonsha Prodigy Trailer brake Controller
    why trade it? If it’s paid off which I’m assuming it is, then why go get yourself another payment? Or is it out of boredom as you want something new/different. My 2015 has 106k on it. I have replaced the brakes, changed all of the fluids, changed the serpentine belt, spark plugs and filters. The truck runs great and I honestly expect to get another 100k without any issues. But honestly it’s up to you it’s your money, but I do know one thing, buying vehicles is never a winning game. Except for the occasional COVID deal I suppose!

2. Oct 19, 2021 at 7:55 AM
    CTundraForMe

CTundraForMe New Member

Member:
    Keep it. Unless you like nannyware, you likely won't like the 2022!

And as the other's have said, have the transmission fluid changed. A drain/refill is something, but I would go for a proper change at a dealer. Just query them first to find out what they do. The right way is to use the tranny's pump to cycle out the old fluid while new fluid is added. The wrong and dangerous way is using an external pump.

3. Oct 19, 2021 at 7:58 AM
    Mr_Ed

Mr_Ed New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Vehicle:
    2018 Limited 5.7
    None
    I'm one that will keep a vehicle until it'll no longer serve the purpose I bought it for. Until I hit the point that I'm having to pay for a lot of repairs, I've found it cost less and less for each year of ownership. I no longer put a lot of miles on cars, though. I just sold a 2003 Tundra at 18 years and 120,000 miles. There's no way I would have sold it if I hadn't needed a larger truck to pull the travel trailer we just bought.

One bit of advice from reading some of the above posts, though. Don't get all wrapped up in what you got for a used car on trade in. Dealers will juggle the numbers to make you feel like you're getting more than you actually did. I've sold my last few cars outright and gotten a cash deal on the car I bought.

4. Oct 19, 2021 at 8:07 AM
    Fiesta346

Fiesta346 New Member

Member:
    PA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Rock Warrior
    im at 71k on my 2013, broken down twice this month she's going soon and maybe not for a toyota..

5. Oct 20, 2021 at 7:08 AM
    ChattanoogaPhil

ChattanoogaPhil New Member

Member:
    Same here when I purchase my 2000 Tundra. But then came Gen2 Tundra... so I kept driving my Gen1.

Products Discussed in

To Top