1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help finding parts for adding battery post anchors on my truck

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by tnine, Jun 10, 2021.

1. Jun 10, 2021 at 12:48 PM
    tnine

tnine [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road
    ADS External Reservoir Shocks Deaver Leaf Springs 35" Tires C4 Fabrication Bumper Warn Winch Baja design LP9
    Hi all,
    I have a 2016 Tundra, and I have enough accessories that my battery terminals look like a rat's nest. I have a Winch, Baja Lights, AMP Power Steps, ARB air compressor, Wireless Air Controller, and a Switch Pro 9100. I need something to extend my terminal connectivity so that my ring terminals are a bit more distributed instead of stacked on a singular post. I found this, but then I'm adding SAE posts to an entirely metric truck, and it irritates my OCD ;-p.

https://www.quadratec.com/products/...og6VoQLmk8jciDVYSiVVm1ALUKowJfpwaAtPlEALw_wcB

Does anyone know of something similar for a Tundra? I've ordered these to re-use the existing clamps, but the holes aren't big enough for the M10 bolt on the existing clamps.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/quadratec/-JL-HDBT-extreme-duty-battery-terminals-jeep-wrangler-jl

Thanks!
    Todd

2. Jun 10, 2021 at 1:00 PM
    tnine

tnine [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road
    ADS External Reservoir Shocks Deaver Leaf Springs 35" Tires C4 Fabrication Bumper Warn Winch Baja design LP9
  3. Jun 10, 2021 at 1:04 PM
    t-bear

t-bear New Member

Member:
    NE Okla
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra CM SR5
    Soon to be 4WC Raven host. Mods to come.
  4. Jun 10, 2021 at 1:08 PM
    OhEmmBee

OhEmmBee Rick

Member:
    First Name:
    Richard
    Denver
    Vehicle:
    18' Toyota Tundra MGM Crewmax (Saibot)
    Toyota Tundra Pro Grill Lace On Steering Wheel Cover Garmin Tandem and Mini Dash Cam. Center Console Safe Compustar Remote Start with DM ESP Rear under storage VLED Front & Rear foot well LED Lights Sound Deadened Cab Toytec Boss Alumna lift at 2 inches C4 Hybrid Front Bumper with four sets of Baja Designs. AlphaRex Novas Valhalla's Skid Plates Switch Pro-9100 SPC Upper Control Arms 35" tires on RRW Agressive BMC/CMC to fit larger tires. Minor bumper and fender liner trimming.
    If you want a cleaner engine bay I would say you should try the power tray. I'm also thinking of adding the SDHQ Battery Termnal as well.

Bus bar, negative terminal block and fuse box from Blue Sea Systems
    IMG_20210530_040110_230.jpg
    You can see that with this option you can immediately locate and see everything.
    Even allows you to mount the switch pro Vertically so it doesn't void the warranty.
    IMG_20210530_040104_073.jpg
    Another view from far away but again makes things easier to locate and makes it easier to get into the fuse box if installed correctly. I'm mounting mine to the inner engine bay sides instead of on top of the fuse box cover.
    IMG_20210530_040101_232.jpg

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    Saltyhero13 and Coupe like this.
  5. Jun 10, 2021 at 1:13 PM
    2mchfun

2mchfun Yeah it'll pull it, just don't expect to stop!

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Vehicle:
    2021 White 4x4 CM Trail Ed. 2018 White 4x4 4Runner SR5 Premium
    Seat covers, dash mat, ext. Trans. Cooler, sumo springs, oem pwr fld tow mirrors
    Seems to me you might need a fuse block, if those accessories are not fused properly you could find your truck on fire one day.

6. Jun 10, 2021 at 2:05 PM
    tnine

tnine [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Todd
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. All of my accessories are individually fused, so I'm not worried about fires thankfully. I didn't use a fuse box but had a power distribution block. Unfortunately, the distribution block broke loose when off-roading, and I lost power to some accessories. My power distribution block was mounted to the Rago fabrication plate for my ARB Twin scroll directly above the fuse box. However, the distribution block wasn't a particularly high-quality product.

That failure is why I want to go back to connecting directly to the terminals, to increase the redundancy within the system and avoid a central failure location except for a massive battery failure. If that happens, I have bigger issues anyway. I ordered the SDHQ terminals, I'll let you know how it goes!

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021
    2mchfun likes this.
  7. Jun 10, 2021 at 4:11 PM
    Gravy

Gravy Cat herder, ASCM #π

Member:
    Yucaipa, California
    Vehicle:
    2008 White DC 4x4, Limited TRD
    OME Nitrocharger/2612 (front), Bilstein 5100s (rear). Vanguard roll bar modified (by me) to fit over Patriot Stealth retractable tonneau. Aftermarket halo headlights with HID, various LED bulb replacements. 17" Fuel Blitz wheels with some 33" Nitto terra grapplers. Hoodscoop, nfab nerfbars, Bushwacker flares. No-name aftermarket grille, led fender extensions. Black Horse bambi-basher. Various offroad lights.

Products Discussed in

To Top