1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

HELP Alarm STILL going off!?!? Updated

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by Rngr188, Sep 4, 2020.

1. Feb 3, 2021 at 2:36 PM
    Speedkills119

Speedkills119 Shenanigator

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2017 Silver Tundra 1794
    Mostly Stock Procomp 4" lift Prospeed cold air intake Bakflip bed cover HID head and fog lights 2000W JL Audio build Magnuson supercharger w/ Sniv Pulley AR Headers/full exhaust Auburn Limited Slip Prospeed fuel system w/ 1000cc injectors Dual 450 in tank fuel pump 2nd pump on a Hobbs boost reference switch Lexus RCF throttle body Prospeed catch can system TRD sway bar Prospeed Flex Fuel Tune Dirt Logic coil-over and shocks VR forged wheels CalTracs Nitto 420V 305/50R18
    My wife's Subaru did that for a couple hours. Turned out it was me with the other remote... Her punching me fixed it.

2. Feb 3, 2021 at 7:01 PM
    Rngr188

Rngr188 [OP] Ranked the best new member of all time

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Harrison AR
    Vehicle:
    2020 1794 MGM TRD OR
    Yea, supposedly Toyota is working on the fob remote start working without Connected Service but there seems to be some leg work involved. There's a thread on here about it, unfortunately my dealer has no clue as well as another dealer locally. But again I don't know if it's coincidence as I never knew why my alarm was going off only at home but once I realized my fob remote start wasn't enabled anymore I tested the alarm at home and now no issue. I'm skeptical though that it has anything to do with Connected Service because the alarm never went off anywhere else but at the house.

https://www.tundras.com/threads/2020-remote-start.62927/page-6

3. Apr 11, 2021 at 7:49 PM
    prodigalson84

prodigalson84 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 SR5 Black Tundra 4x4 5.7L
    This whole story is freakin' nuts.

I happened upon this thread, because I'm trying to find an answer to my situation. I have a 2014, SR5 4x4. The other day I used my remote start (tech 12 volts from James Randy Taylor) to crank the truck. Got in, and my dome lights flashed in unison with my door ajar light on the dash. Tried opening and closing all of the doors, no solution. It happens randomly while driving, during left turns, and sometimes when pressing the accelerator. Also, if I lift up on the E-brake foot lever, I can create the issue. Now, I'm having random triggers on the horn alarm, because the truck things the doors are opening from inside, after being locked by the fob.

I'm taking it to dealer for them to look at it on Tuesday, as I have an extended warranty. Should I be worried about the aftermarket remote start I installed? It's a Fortin Brand for the G Key, 3 presses on the lock button to crank.

I don't know. I think it is just a faulty door ajar switch, the image on the gauge panel shows the drive door open, so I'm assuming that door ajar switch could be bad. However, it doesn't make sense for it to happen when I lift up on the E brake or make a left turn.

Any ideas on my situation?

4. Sep 7, 2021 at 2:16 PM
    armero21

armero21 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Tundra Crewmax Platinum 4wd
    I am having the same problem with my 2017 Platinum. Sounds like a broken record. I have done everything that has been mention in posts. The one thing that haven't done is take it to the dealer (but did call and was told they trouble shoot for $150.00 per hour). Also somebody also mentioned about techstream a program you can get that should solve the problem. Pretty sure dealer have it $$$$. I have an appointment with local mechanic to see if there program can find out what's wrong. I will keep my findings posted

5. Dec 19, 2021 at 10:48 PM
    Platinumcrewmax

Platinumcrewmax New Member

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    '18 MGM Platinum Crewmax
    Mine seems to go off randomly once or twice a week.. any new info on this? I have a viper remote start installed with a 2way fob that I use, but it seems that isn't the issue by reading through this thread.

6. Dec 20, 2021 at 12:33 AM
    GODZILLA

GODZILLA Hail to the King, Baby.

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Wyoming
    Vehicle:
    2023 Solar Octane TRD Pro TACOMA, 2022 Honda CB500X
    Trying not to mod it
    That's just your truck being loyal. She likes it when you get frisky, but when somebody else touches her she ain't having it. You got yourself a good one, sir.

7. Mar 9, 2022 at 7:40 PM
    Killahill

Killahill New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota Tundra
    Been happening to me for about a week, never before. Goes off randomly, no consistent interval. Problem is I live in a condo and my neighbors who live in the unit right above my garage said it went off at 3am last night. This is unacceptable. 2015 Toyota Tundra Limited.

8. Jun 2, 2023 at 11:35 AM
    BlueCollar89

BlueCollar89 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Wes
    New Mexico
    Vehicle:
    2021 Army Green Limited TRD Off-road Crewmax
    Tint, rear Firestone airbags, 285/70r18 Nitto Ridge Grapplers
    I know it’s a late post to this thread but I ran into this problem for the last couple days after coming home from a lake trip. Turns out the Monster can left in the truck is the real deal! The popping noise it makes from temperature changes sets it off. I got inside the truck, locked it with the fob and 2 minutes later I popped the monster can with my hand and the alarm went off! Thanks for this post and for the cheesy video that actually was the issue.

Txexplorer23 likes this.
  9. Aug 23, 2023 at 2:19 PM
    TNGTR100

TNGTR100 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle:
    2018 Platinum Tundra
    I have a 2018 Tundra Platinum, 49k miles. Have had it since it was new. The last few months the alarm goes off randomly at work, usually as it gets hotter in the afternoon. I tried replacing the hood latch assembly and it did ok for maybe a week. It never goes off at home in the garage. But some days at work goes off continuously. I do not have any lights on. No soda cans or bottles making any noise to trigger it. I have tried leaving it with the windows down. Tried unplugging the hood latch but then you have to drive with the incessant beeping because it shows the hood isn't latched. Not sure what else to do.

10. Aug 23, 2023 at 2:22 PM
    19TurdPro

19TurdPro New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD Pro
    Unplug the glass break sensor. There's probably something inside the truck expanding as it gets hotter. Unplugging it is easy, and will narrow it down.

11. Aug 23, 2023 at 2:28 PM
    TNGTR100

TNGTR100 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle:
    2018 Platinum Tundra
    Ok, I will try that and let you know.

12. Aug 24, 2023 at 2:00 PM
    TNGTR100

TNGTR100 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle:
    2018 Platinum Tundra
    I unhooked the hood sensor on the latch assembly and so far no alarm today. That is what I did when it was doing it before so I replaced the latch assembly and it was good for a few weeks and then started up again. Only problem is you cant drive it with that sensor unhooked because then it beeps like the hood is open. Going to try this for a couple of days and see if it stops. I will just hook it up to drive. But at least I will know if that is it.

13. Feb 8, 2024 at 3:52 AM
    Jryan4iu

Jryan4iu New Member

Member:
    I am having the same problem with my 2017 platinum. Started a few months ago. Did take it to the dealer and left it for a week and “found nothing.” But there was some code triggered by the computer rhat was a recall code. That fixed it, or so I thought until yesterday. Did see that the dome light was left on. So yesterday made sure that was all good and then again it went off last night! This thing sucks and may keep me from ever buying another Tundra.

is there a way to just completely turn off the alarm feature? Not sure which fuse to pull etc.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2024
  14. Feb 8, 2024 at 6:21 AM
    TNGTR100

TNGTR100 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tim
    Vehicle:
    2018 Platinum Tundra
    Mine seemed to be temperature related and goes off more in the summer time. I disconnected the sensor at the hood latch and it stopped going off. I replaced the hood latch assembly and that helped briefly but then started going off again. It has not gone off since last summer. We will see what happens when this summer comes around.

Products Discussed in

To Top