1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

gremlins in the truck: switch pros, dead battery...

Discussion in '2.5 Gen Tundras (2014-2021)' started by smslavin, Nov 16, 2018.

1. Dec 15, 2018 at 10:23 AM
    Heff67

Heff67 205,000 miles and counting

Member:
    Castle Rock, CO
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra SR5
    Old Man Emu Lift, Dakar Rear Leafs, Firestone Air Bags, SPC Upper Control Arms, Tough Country Evolution Winch Bumper, 12,000 lb TJM winch, Fab Fours Rear Bumper, Slee Sliders, Transfer Flow Fuel Tank, Volant Intake, Corsa Exhaust, RCI Full Skids, Switch Pros, Body Mount Chop, Dodge Ram 2500 Lugs
    I had the same issue with my 8100. The buttons would get stuck when I pushed them and the only way to reset it was to disconnect it from the battery. This only happened in cold weather, below 20 degrees. I emailed switch pros a couple of times with no response. What I did to fix it was take a razor blade and cut the plastic around the buttons. Not all the way but enough to where you could hear the button reset. I did this on all the switches and have not had an issue since.

Watt maker likes this.
  2. Dec 26, 2018 at 12:55 PM
    smslavin

smslavin [OP] Behind a lens...

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    Hudson Valley
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra CrewMax SR5
    Some stuff
    so... still ongoing issue. just replaced the battery today with an odyssey 34r pc1500. no change in how the SP is functioning. i'll be giving them one final call tomorrow then send the whole unit back to them. not looking forward to pulling it out though.

my switches do not get stuck. they all function normally except for one which will not go into an 'on' state.

831Tun likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top