1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Greetings from Oregon

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by owslystnly, Jun 3, 2016.

1. Jun 3, 2016 at 11:29 PM
    owslystnly

owslystnly [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 SR5 Crewmax w/ SR5 upgrade+TRD Offroad
    Nothing yet
    So I was looking at Tacomas, and after cramming the babyseat in the back, I wasn't looking at Tacos. Just welcomed a new 2016 Super white (like Portland, eh?) SR5 Crewmax to the family. Looking forward to hearing all of your suggestions for what should go on it next. First some floormats. Then a bedliner (Line-X? Any other suggestions?) Thinking some Clazzio seat covers and upgrading the audio next.....then the offroady bits.

Somewhat sad to see my G37 go, but was no longer having fun driving the manual around the exurbia portlandia, especially on the gravelly ridiculously loud pavement they use here.

Anybody know any good trails out here that a full size can fit down?

Black Wolf and T-Rex266 like this.
  2. Jun 4, 2016 at 5:56 AM
    QSX15

QSX15 New Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra 4X4 SR5 LB TRD
    Factory spray liner, bed rails, TRD sway bar, firestone airbags
    Welcome from Rainier
    Not really a trail guy so not much help there.

I have the factory linex stuff hard on the knees. Some folks brag up the bedrugs pretty good especially those that more or less use their rigs for fun rather than work.

3. Jun 4, 2016 at 6:11 AM
    MotoTundra

MotoTundra The Ocho

Member:
    First Name:
    Don
    -TRS Mini D2S Retrofit on TRD Pro Headlights (Apollo 2.0 Shrouds, 35w XB Ballasts, 5500k Bulbs) -Baja Designs Squadron R Sport Aux lights. -TRD Pro Grill -TRD Rear Sway Bar -BakFlip VP Tonneau w/BakBox -Dipped wheels & bumpers -Iron Cross HD steps -Undercover Swingcase -SunTek Paint Protection film -Tinted glass -Bedmat -OEM Towing Mirrors
    Congrats on the purchase. For floor mats, I specifically went with Husky Weatherbeaters in the front and WeatherTech digital fit's in the rear of my CrewMax, couldn't be happier with the coverage each offer.

I haven't done a bedliner yet but I plan to go with Line-X.

4. Jun 4, 2016 at 6:42 AM
    T-Rex266

T-Rex266 Elon approved Staff Member

Member:
  5. Jun 4, 2016 at 6:50 AM
    mdavis

mdavis I need a beer.

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    Rock Hill, SC
    Welcome!

6. Jun 4, 2016 at 7:45 AM
    Black Wolf

Black Wolf Bigfoot Hunter, Sasquatch too, but not Yeti

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Aurora CO
    Vehicle:
    2022 Nissan Frontier SV 4X4
    TuwaPro rack, Z1 Offroad stuff, NISMO suspension stuff, FlowmasterFX Extreme exhaust, AIS, OVS, J&L can, other goodies on the way
    Welcome from CO. Formerly from Drain, Ore. There are lots of old logging roads that a full size truck can handle on the west side. Central/Eastern Oregon have hundreds of miles of decent 4 wheeling trails.
    https://www.trails.com/stateactivity.aspx?area=13140

7. Jun 4, 2016 at 8:38 AM
    trayday

trayday New Member

Member:
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2015 limited CM 5.7
    7" BDS, ADS front and rear, Total Chaos UCA's, CB tie rods
    Welcome, I also came from an Infiniti M45 with a swapped diff from the G37s. Engine replacement at 88k, two driver seats with the built in speakers, along with a bunch of other problems that weren't cheap. The floor mats I have in the Tundra are the all weather from the factory and I'll eventually switch to another brand that will cover up more carpet area. I'm from OR too and I don't know of any long trails that a full size can easily fit through but you can check out Browns Camp in the PDX area, you'll mainly see tacomas and jeeps but there are some places the Tundra can fit through.

8. Jun 4, 2016 at 9:04 AM
    owslystnly

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Nothing yet
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys! (Don't mean that perjoratively, but, you all seem to be guys. My wife just told me to have fun talking to all my new truckbuddies online, nerds. so, there you go).

Wow. Exact opposite of my experience. I had 0 problems with my G. However, I think a wheel bearing was on the way out. Needed new tires and brakes. And a much needed detailing job. And....more room. (my wife said do the broccoli so here you go :broccoli: and the weiner :dancingbacon:) My friend back home got the modding bug with the Infiniti, but I was content with it stock (only did the clutch pedal spring mod).

Interesting, I was going to ask which was better, the Husky or Weathertech. Any reason you went with one up front and one in the rear?

And for bedliners, anybody know much about Bulletliner? Seems to be the guy who founded Line-X.

I grew up in Vermont and spend most of my spare time driving 2WD cars down the many dirt roads we had, in summer, winter, and mud seasons. I know what a big difference tires make on the experience (summer tires in the winter, most scary experience i have ever had, almost wrecked my new G at the time). Would love to find some trails that I could never have done in my car. My old civic conquered Molly Stark 'road' in southern VT, which was more of a truck job IMO, in retrospect. Interested in seeing what I could fit down at Brown's Camp. One of my co-workers is a member of the jeep club around here and maintains those trails, so I'll probably consult him first.

Time to go listen to Mountain Jam (site of my bachelor party) on my free SiriusXM trial :headbang:

Last edited: Jun 4, 2016
  9. Jun 4, 2016 at 9:39 AM
    owslystnly

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Nothing yet
    Quite the paradigm shift? FWIW, The Line-X and Bulletliner folks here are both down in Tualitin.

10. Jun 4, 2016 at 12:03 PM
    CaptTyler

CaptTyler Life’s too short to have an ugly boat.

Member:
    First Name:
    Tyler
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2018 Ram 2500 Cummins
    Welcome from FL!
    I have the Husky Xact fit and they're awesome. And I have LineX on my truck bed. It's good stuff.

11. Jun 4, 2016 at 12:27 PM
    zcarpenter92

zcarpenter92 Yotas and Yellow Jackets

Member:
    First Name:
    Zach
    NE Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2008 Desert Sand 5.7L DC
    In sig
    Welcome from eastern CO! I have the WeatherTech's in mine, am going to change the fronts over the Husky's sometime down the road. They're not bad, I just hate how they don't trap debris and water in place. Still need to do the bedliner, am trying to decide if I should just Rhino line it somewhere local or take it up to Denver to a Line-X dealer.

12. Jun 4, 2016 at 5:43 PM
    owslystnly

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Nothing yet
    My (very basic) understanding is that the Line-X goes on hot, resulting in a more uniform and instantly cured liner. The Rhino is less uniform and can be more 'runny'. Or at least this is what the internet has told me.

13. Jun 6, 2016 at 9:58 PM
    owslystnly

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Nothing yet
    Ordered some Husky WeatherBeaters. Please contain your enthusiasm :rolleyes:

NewImprovedRon likes this.
  14. Jun 11, 2016 at 7:47 PM
    owslystnly

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Nothing yet
    They are now installed. Got the ones that go under the rear seats to protect from the Baby a little more.

The rear sides are bent a little upward from shipping. Hopefully the heat in the daytime and the doors on them helps tamp them down.

Black Wolf likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top