1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Good Bye TRD PRO

Discussion in '2.5 Gen TRD Pro (2014-2021)' started by AMGDRIVER, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Nov 10, 2019 at 5:46 AM
    Burdturger

Burdturger New Member

Member:
    What kind of deal dis you get after trade in? Are dealers discounting them? Congrats!

Rica25 and Badger Co-Op like this.
  2. Nov 10, 2019 at 9:50 AM
    AMGDRIVER

AMGDRIVER [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO Black
    My Texas Tundra Pro is rock solid. No issues My top shelf Tahoes Yukons were rolling s--- shows. Going to a Tundra was like going from a 5 to a 10. My friends all drive Tundras and LCs. My son is a kayak bass pro. He has some kind of deal with Toyota so that helps out. He beats the living hell out of his truck as he just swaps keys every couple years. He goes into awful areas to launch his kayak on rivers. Never gets stuck. Never breaks down. Never been to the shop for anything except oil changes. All his have been US made. I do lots of long distance drives with 4x4 work at destination. I need lots of dry storage space and road comfort. So the LC is a no brainer. Truth is I am already hatching a plan to buy an older Tundra if I can fund a suitable place to store when not using. I think this move to a smaller turbo 6 is a HUGE mistake. I want to get my best example of the 5.7 platform while still around. The guys I know who use and love the bomb proof 5.7 for work trucks are really scratching their heads over this change Dud not mean to go off topic but that is what prompted this in the first place Otherwise I would happily drive my 19 Pro for another couple years

Supercharger??? U sir are a trouble maker

3. Nov 10, 2019 at 9:55 AM
    Samoan Thor

Samoan Thor God is technically an alien

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Limited 2014 crewmax 4X4
    Kings F&R, no sway bars
    I heard that was a rumor with the V6 and turbo for the new LC but nothing confirmed @AMGDRIVER, supposed to bring more HP, torque and better MPG’s than it has now and that’s it been on a Lexus vehicle for quite some time and it’s proven. I just hope it’s the best move.

Rica25 likes this.
  4. Nov 10, 2019 at 10:09 AM
    AMGDRIVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO Black
    Prices are all over the map. I am paying 1k over invoice plus some misc fees. Bear in mind that this is a black Heritage edition. 1200 total prod split between 2 colors with the black being the most in demand. Some dealers trying to get MSRP or maybe 5-6 k markup. An 89k unit has an invoice of about 81500 give or take. Now if u want a 2020 base model u can do better. I have seen 11500 discounts on 2019 leftovers U should be able to buy lots of 2019 for invoice or less. There are unpublished marketing incentives on 2019 leftovers. I have been baited and switched 3 times on advertised units that were sold or never existed. My trade value was toward the high end of KBB. I ended up having to get my dealer to order one There are like 22 in dealer inventory or in transit. No dealer would give one up. So now the wait

5. Nov 10, 2019 at 10:11 AM
    MGM

MGM New Member

Member:
    I think that’s considered an upgrade around these parts. The HE edition sure look nice with those bronze wheels.

AZBoatHauler likes this.
  6. Nov 10, 2019 at 10:26 AM
    AMGDRIVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO Black
    The v6 is a totally done deal on the tundra according to my source inside Toyota. The changes on the LC may be as late as 2022. There may be a hybrid option in conjunction with the V6. My Tundra is butter smooth and gear changes are barely noticed. I have other high performance turbos with 7 and 9 speed trannys. I drive pretty hard and they are. instantly changing gears which is cool given the platform. However I dont think I would enjoy a turbo 6 coupled with an 8-10 speed tranny while pulling a boat or hauling a heavy load in a truck:suv platform. Thats my fear of the change. Not to compare Toyota with Ford but some people I know who bought the Turbo boost platform hate them and several have traded for V8 Tundras after driving one My contact also indicated that this new platform will be higher priced In all fairness I do have a bias toward old school loud exhaust V8 trucks/ suvs. I own zero electrics or hybrids

Openroad98 and Samoan Thor like this.
  7. Nov 10, 2019 at 10:33 AM
    Samoan Thor

Samoan Thor God is technically an alien

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Limited 2014 crewmax 4X4
    Kings F&R, no sway bars
    Welp, I guess that means by the time the new redesigned LC comes out I can afford a used maybe a 2020-2021.

Rica25 and Badger Co-Op like this.
  8. Nov 10, 2019 at 10:35 AM
    AMGDRIVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO Black
    Yes the HE is an upgrade but cosmetic only No running boards No ground effects. yakama roof rack.Blacked out accents Standard model has more option choices and cost diff is only 2k. Prob is they are only making 1200 units Most are shipping already sold so funding one in black is a major pita The HE has a retro LC badge on rear pillar which takes me back to 70s and 80s when we drove old ones with 200k miles on them.

9. Nov 10, 2019 at 10:45 AM
    Badger Co-Op

Badger Co-Op Blood sausage, cheese, and lutefisk; hit me!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kenny
    WISCO
    TY for all the updates and added intel!! I love going out to CO and seeing all those 60/80 series LCs in the backwoods, where I'm at on a dirt bike!

10. Nov 10, 2019 at 11:19 PM
    TacomaLC

TacomaLC New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chip
    T-town
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra Voodoo 2000 Tundra LTD Red (rest in pieces)
    I got my new 2019 (w/7 miles on Odo) in mid-December of 2018 for >7,500 under MSRP. I paid $78,000 (+ tax and License). No trade in. I don't really get paying more for a "heritage" with all the deletes. Smart marketing I guess. ymmv.

Either way you go, you can't miss---You wind up in a Land Cruiser!!!

[waiting for the summer and hoping for the HUGE Tundra discounts again--then I'll be replacing my 2000]

Last edited: Dec 30, 2019
  11. Nov 11, 2019 at 10:58 AM
    AMGDRIVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO Black
    You get the bronze bbs rims the bronze accents on interior and a partial chrome delete. The big deal is the old style land cruiser badge very cool. Prob cost Toyota about 80 cents Lol Totally agree about pricing. Totally overpriced. I happen to like blacked out stuff so I have to suck it up and pay. Based on the problems I had getting one Im thinking that these will be very desirable down the road hopefully offsetting the extra 2 k in initial cost

AZBoatHauler and TacomaLC like this.
  12. Nov 11, 2019 at 11:29 AM
    akmerle

akmerle New Member

Member:
    Wasilla, AK
    Vehicle:
    2018 Tundra Platinum & 2020 Jeep SRT
    Congrats on the the new ride, and oh man those bronze wheels would look good on my black Platinum!

13. Nov 14, 2019 at 5:22 PM
    MaxThurst27

MaxThurst27 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Rod
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra TRD PRO Voodoo Blue!
    Wow I thought I was the only one.

I have a blue 19 TRD pro. Went looking to swap it for a LC.

I went to one dealer who offered me between 38-40K for my 16k mile with tonneau cover, and brand new Yokohama mt003 295/75/18.

That immediately put me off. I want the LC but not taking a bath on the loss. Might try to sell it private party.

I like the heritage but I will get a 2019 black on black and pay build it up.

Congrats on the LC. I have a 100 and absolutely love it.

14. Nov 15, 2019 at 8:40 AM
    AMGDRIVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO Black
    My 19 pro is black 6200 I am getting 45k trade unless I sell private party. waiting on delivery date. Still a slim chance of dealer trade which gets me into a LC soon If there us an extended wait then I will list mine at 47500 which should move quickly. private sale range on mine is 48-51k. They told me that the 19 pros did take a hit like a month ago but your trade numbers sound way low. There are a ton of 19/20 base model being heavily discounted so if u sell yours PP u should be in good shape. I am actively looking for a catback system and considering Fox shocks as I am extremely pleased with the ones on my pro. Im buying a set of black BBS pro rims with Nitto sand grabber tires. also looking at a front winch snd maybe some bumper mods. Complete chrome delete. I an really imterested in your plans for a build. I plan to build mine exactly like I want and keep forever Anybody with mod ideas Im all ears

TacomaLC likes this.
  15. Nov 16, 2019 at 7:36 AM
    AMGDRIVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO Black
    Got the calm this morning. My Toyota guy really came thru. My unit has bern secured and I should have it in 2-3 weeks Yhenonly 2 options were paint film front bumper/ hood/ doors/ and the Apple phone cords. You all know how car dealers are bit he swears that several dealers were fighting over this unit and he got it. He also got some resistance on pricing as some people are trying to charge full list price or a very negligible discount. Maybe just sales talk who knows. In any case Im pumped Happy that this is not going yo be an extended wait. Will post pics as soon as I get it

Anybody know if 18" BBS TRD Pro wheels will fit a 2019/2020 LC? Should be the same

nowayout and Wynnded like this.
  16. Nov 16, 2019 at 7:54 AM
    Wynnded

Wynnded What MPG...

Member:
    Rockies
    Vehicle:
    Souped up truck
    Magnuson Magnum TVS 2650 S/C Sniv's Speed Shop 70mm pulley RCF Throttle Body TRD PRO BBS Wheels TRD Front Sway Bar TRD Rear Sway Bar Fox TRD Pro Shocks Limited mirrors (auto darkening/backup camera/power fold/puddle lights) Limited Grill Mod Automatic Climate Controls Mod Automatic Headlamp Mod Sequoia Transfer Case Mod Sequoia Leather Steering Wheel Mod Sequoia Limited Gage Cluster Mod Sequoia LED Headlamp Upgrade Window Tint 15/70% Fake Manual Transmission Mod 10" BAMufflers Stainless Catback Valhalla Catalytic Converter Shields Engine Block Heater Illuminated Ignition Key Ring Mod Deck Rail System w/cleats Solid Offroad Engine Mounts
    I'm sure that you're more familiar with the specs than I am, but as all LCs come with 18s I would have pretty high confidence.

Also, looking at a couple pics real quick, it appears that the LC HE comes with the BBS wheel, just a different color. I did note that you like the blacked out look though. I'll wager that you could flip the bronze wheels for someones first born...

...and just found a site that verifies that the bronze wheels are indeed BBS. https://gearjunkie.com/2020-land-cruiser-heritage-edition

Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
  17. Nov 16, 2019 at 10:43 AM
    AMGDRIVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO Black
    My plan is to keep the bronze BBS wheels stored in new condition in case of later sale Not doing anything that I cant undo and return to stock. There is a ton of interest in buying these wheels. They look to be nearly identical to the TRD PRO BBD except for the bronze color. It looks like they will fit but with my luck....

nowayout and Wynnded like this.
  18. Nov 16, 2019 at 11:23 AM
    jerzeedivr

jerzeedivr New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tundra SR5 TRD CM.
    N-Fab Nerf Bars, Maxliner 3D Floor Mats
    My Buddy bought a Brand New 1971 Land Cruiser for $3995.00 in 1971.It was a Straight 6 with a 3 Speed Manual, No Air, No Radio. He put aprox. 250K on it then installed a rebuilt Motor. It went from Canada to Central America and Many Trips from Philly to out West! Great SUV!

19. Nov 18, 2019 at 3:17 AM
    AMGDRIVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO Black
    Yeah I get that. I spent many days/ weeks in an old LC back in 79-81 hinting/fishing. My buddy had one with 250k miles. It was the only 4x4 that any if us had or could afford at the time. We would go on 2 week long trips pulling boats and camping/sleeping in the vehicle. It got us there and back every time and never got us stuck in the woods. More than I can say for mega expensive recent examples of ChevyGMC High county Denali and others
    . I have a great interest in the old Defenders FJs and vintage Toyotas of all types. My only regret is handing over the keys to my great TRD PRO. That will suck. Unfortunately U cant keep them all.

20. Dec 3, 2019 at 10:02 PM
    woofhauler

woofhauler New Member

Member:
    Pacifica, CA
    Only thing I'd trade my Toyota 4x4 in for is another Toyota 4x4. Congrats!

21. Dec 4, 2019 at 5:18 AM
    AMGDRIVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO Black
    I just took possession. I have replaced the terrible Dunlop tires with Nitto Ridge Grapplers. I am going to dual exhausts eith magnaflow mufflers and a chrome delete. I am also looking for some retractable running boards. I am having trouble finding any made in USA. I absolutely live the LC. The exhaust/engine note is a little too quiet and Lexus like for my tastes buy I am fixing yhat first thing. The build quality is totally over the top. I also traded my 15 MB GL 63 for a 2020 G63 in a limited magno night designo/black red special order interior. I only waited a year to get it. I am amazed how close the Toyota is in build quality. I miss my 19 Tundra TRD pro. I will pick up another pre owned example as soon as i figure out where to store/park it

I will post some pics in the next couple days Thanks for all input and comments

22. Dec 20, 2019 at 10:42 AM
    attillatundra

attillatundra New Member

Member:

So did you get any of the mods done? Please post pics. I saw one on the lot but did not have time to stop and check it out.

23. Dec 21, 2019 at 4:47 AM
    0.S.T.

0.S.T. New Member

Member:
    EAST COAST
    2007 BLACK TUNDRA 4X4 CREWMAX LIMITED 5.7 LITER
    CONGRATS on your new Land Cruiser H.E.
    We too are a Toyota/Lexus family. Eventually a Land Cruiser will be added down the road. But like yourself, I have four 4x4's, 1 E350 Super Duty 7.3 Liter Diesel Van, and a Harley Davidson Motorcycle with NO more room for anything else.
    As for new rims, IF you have not made up your mine regarding rims. May I suggest checking out FN Wheels. Dustin is simply awesome to work with! They make a 18" Rim called "BFD" and comes in several different colors that might suit your desire. In fact I just picked up a set of FN "FX Pro" rims which are just like the TRD Pro wheels but about 1" wider and without the TRD tag for my wife's Lexus GX470. Which is just a great SUV. You just can't beat the incredible quality of Toyota!

O.S.T.

20191221_072501.jpg

24. Dec 22, 2019 at 3:34 PM
    AMGDRIVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO Black
    Let me apologize for delay. My land cruiser had been in Bosworth Customs in Char NC. U have removed all black chrome on the front, all badges and chrome on rear painted to match factory color and wrapped the chrome side window trim to matte black ti match side window pillar trim. Tires have been swapped out to standard 18" size Nitto Ridge Grapplers. The quiet Lexus type exhaust has been replaced wit custom 3" stainless with muffler to cline Trd pro sound with side pipe with gloss black TRD pro shape tip in 3" size
    Audio system has been upgraded with 8 channel amp/processor. Just picked up truck and drove fron NC to Amelia Island Fla. 1000% improvement over stock. Noticable increase in performance. Audio system is much better.Getting tins of looks and questions at gas pumps not that I care about that
    Now the bad news I am a complete dumbass when it comes to computer tech operations I cant figure out this forum system on how to post pics from my I phone X. Would love to share and will do so as soon as the villiage ifiot figures out how to do it Very embarassing

Burdturger and TacomaLC like this.
  25. Dec 22, 2019 at 4:40 PM
    Burdturger

Burdturger New Member

Member:
    There is an upload button beneath the text box. Good luck! Looking forward to the pics

26. Dec 27, 2019 at 12:47 PM
    AMGDRIVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO Black
  27. Dec 27, 2019 at 12:50 PM
    AMGDRIVER

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Vehicle:
    2019 TRD PRO Black
    front and rear view of chrome delete

4AC70585-82F0-46C9-8D92-F1F4EFF2DA34.jpg
    38EA2FD5-1AE5-4070-8728-0F07E970ACB6.jpg

28. Dec 27, 2019 at 12:51 PM
    DaBoro54

DaBoro54 Beach Fisher

Member:
    Leveling kit, 285/70R18 EXOs
    Sick. What beach are you on?

29. Dec 27, 2019 at 1:08 PM
    WNY PAT

WNY PAT New Member

Member:
    Western New York
    Vehicle:
    2017 Crewmax Limited (Mines) 2019 Crewmax SR5 (Work)
    If anyone wants to know what the white looks like.... that emblem is cool! I might have talked to the sales department. Lol

55408F65-8684-4B59-AF1C-6DB7B5C8681A.jpg

30. Dec 27, 2019 at 1:52 PM
    BigTree

BigTree New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2016 Sequoia Limited
    Hi AMG Driver, Nice L.C. !! I normally don't post anything, but since i read about your "Hunting Trips" and being a Hunter myself, I was wondering if you take that $90K vehicle Hunting thru the woods,trees,branches,(scratches,Ouch!) Mud,snow,etc. ?? Like me. Also was wondering why you didn't considered a Sequoia as your next hunting vehicle. I bought a new 2016 Sequoia Limited,leftover in 2017, and saved about $30K over a new L.C. For starters, they have MUCH MORE ROOM. 120 cubic ft.(seats down) for all your huntin stuff. It has the same drive-train, 5.7L, and a transfer case, so your not always driving in all 4, and just like the L.C its a TANK. I still take my 2003
    Highlander, V6 All Wheel Drive, with 345,000 miles !!(Still purrs like a Kitten) Hunting on day trips, when I don't need all the room, plus it saves the Sequoia some scratches.

Products Discussed in

To Top