1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Glad I was introduced to Bead Maker.

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by djhase, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Aug 5, 2019 at 12:01 PM
    djhase

djhase [OP] New Member

Member:
    I apply bead maker when doing the final drying after a wash. I usually use 2 to 3 microfiber towels. The reason is that I like to always have one dry towel to do a final buff of the area. It seems if you don't buff dry the area bead maker is applied it can leave some streaking.

2. Aug 5, 2019 at 4:34 PM
    Drew C

Drew C New Member

Member:
    Humid for sure but not as bad as has been lately.

No to the sun, done in the shade.

I did try reapplying but it seemed to take more buffing than expected. I will get a look at it tomorrow. I probably won’t get to address it until Saturday or Sunday though.

3. Aug 5, 2019 at 9:43 PM
    Falconsfan

Falconsfan New Member

Member:
    Southern Ohio
    I did my wife's car and had the same issue, when I did my truck I used way less product and had great results. On the car I just had to reapply product(lightly) and buff off the smears

4. Aug 6, 2019 at 4:55 AM
    Drew C

Drew C New Member

Member:
    Maybe less product is the way to go. I looked at my wife’s car this am. It leaves smudges and print when you touch it. I redid a small spot with minimal product and it looks better. I will try and fix it over the weekend.

Either I screwed up applying it or maybe it didn’t agree with the wax that was on already (again, day before, should have been fully cured). Either way I’m going to be reluctant to use it on my vehicle since I did essentially the same detail. Also, it seems to require a lot more effort vs the other detail sprays that I have used. I can deal with her vehicle somewhat easily - it’s small compared to my vehicle. To put that level of effort on my truck wouldn’t be fun.

5. Aug 6, 2019 at 2:58 PM
    djhase

djhase [OP] New Member

Member:
    I find bead maker to be one of the easiest and fastest products to use on my car and truck. I wash, blow dry with leaf blower, then final dry using a light spray of bead maker then buffing it dry. Usually takes a wipe with my damp towel and then a buff with the dry one and on to the next area. I can wash and bead maker my honda accord in an hour. It takes me about that long to do the roof of the CM Tundra (just kidding).

War Machine and NewImprovedRon like this.
  6. Aug 19, 2019 at 5:24 AM
    Drew C

Drew C New Member

Member:
    Some follow up from my prior post...

I tried again on my wife's vehicle. Much better results. I'm not sure what the issue was the first time - heat/humidity being a possible problem. It was humid yesterday, but not as hot as last time. With the first application, I waxed the day before, then beadmaker a day later. Maybe the weather delayed curing of the wax? Maybe weather screwed up the application/removal of beadmaster? I don't know.

I washed and put another coat of wax last week (to fix the left over mess from the first attempt). Washed it again before application yesterday. It went on easily and looked ok after removing. I didn't get the streaking and smudging that happened last time.

I did this in the evening so I will get a loom at it in the bright sun later today. If it looks ok I will try it on my Tundra.

NewImprovedRon and War Machine like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top