1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fumoto vs EZ Drain...seeking input

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by porkitt, Jun 14, 2018.

1. Jun 15, 2018 at 10:14 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    I might throw the Moto on the wife’s XB or our Sequoia and get this valve for the tundra.

2. Jun 16, 2018 at 10:54 AM
    Tacogrande

Tacogrande New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 dbl. cab long bed gray
    Husky weatherbeaters,short antenna,window deflectors
    Just completed my oil change. My first time with the new filter system. Piece of cake. I honestly dont understand why you would need a fumoto valve UNLESS you dont want to deal with owning a 5 gallon bucket OR you are just plain clumsy or like to be drunk while you tool around. The oil came out no different than my other vehicles that i have changed oil on for the past 25 years.

Philogynist and B737 like this.
  3. Jun 16, 2018 at 11:04 AM
    chadjamesr

chadjamesr New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Atlanta
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tundra Platinum 4x4 Crew Cab
    Fox 2.5 w/ DSC Remotes F&R Coach Builder +3 Shackles RW Wheels w/285/75/17 Terra Grappler G2 Interior and exterior changed to LED Retrofit headlights with DS2 4.0 Morimoto LED fog lights Morimoto 40" LED bar in front bumper Retrax PRO Tonneau cover RCI front skid plate Crystalline tint on all windows and windshield P&P Rock sliders and full skip plates
    I went with the below one and really like it:

https://www.nomessproducts.com/

It has a locking screw and a tube that attaches to the end so that it doesn't spray oil if it is windy outside. Only down side is it drains slowly. Not a big deal though as it gives me time to lube the U joints while the oil pan is draining.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  4. Jun 16, 2018 at 11:11 AM
    15whtrd

15whtrd Mr. Blonde

Member:
    First Name:
    Sean
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    White 2015 Tundra DC SR5 TRD 4x4 5.7L, White 2003 Sequoia 2WD
    TRD Pro suspension, +2 Coachbuilder shackles, 2015 TRD Pro headlights, 20% ceramic tinted windows, clear ceramic tinted front windshield, aFe drop in pro s dry air filter, TRD airflow accelerator, TRD oil fill cap, TRD 18 psi radiator cap, BDX Bullydog tuner, Weathertech floor mats front and rear, rear seat fold down mod, DNA hard trifold tonneau cover, Linex with uv protection, TRD rear swaybar, TRD center caps, TRD Pro grille insert with color matching surround and bulge, TRD PRO headlights, aluminum oil filter canister, Real truck tailgate seal, Pop-n-lock tailgate lock actuator, rear diff breather relocate, RCI front skid plate. 275/70 R18 BFG KO2s
    Because doodads are fun. Obviously it’s not the most difficult thing in the world to take out a drain plug. But having a device that makes it that much more simple sounds nice. I’m a plumber in that I like valves! Lol
    And it’s pretty cheap so why the hell not. We spend so much money on other bullshit in our lives, what makes this any different, right?

5. Jun 16, 2018 at 11:13 AM
    ColoradoTJ

ColoradoTJ Certified tow LEO Staff Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    LML 3500HD
    Calibrated Power 5 Tune pack, Allison 1000 tune, PPE deep trans pan, Cold/Hot CAC pipes, Banks CAI, PCV reroute, resonator delete, S&B 62 gal fuel tank, B&W GN hitch
    Nobody "needs" a Fumoto valve, it just makes it cleaner. Only benefits.

6. Jun 16, 2018 at 11:33 AM
    Outbound

Outbound SSEM #2.5, Token AmeriCanadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2022 CrewMax TRD Off Road, MGM of course.
    I picked up a Fumoto for my 1st Gen. I'll be doing an oil change this evening and will report back. I got the one with the nipple so I can use a hose to drain directly into a disposal container. Hopefully it won't protrude too much and pose a risk on the light - moderate off road I do.

I got it from Amazon, so if I feel it sticks out too much, I'll return it and maybe grab one of those lower profile NoSpill ones. They look pretty slick too.

15whtrd likes this.
  7. Jun 16, 2018 at 11:52 AM
    Tacogrande

Tacogrande New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Vehicle:
    2016 SR5 dbl. cab long bed gray
    Husky weatherbeaters,short antenna,window deflectors
    I'm a woodworker and I love tools too. My shop is filled with tools that equal twice the value of my house not even counting the value of the shop. So yeah I get it but I jus don't see the need for myself to have this valve as I didn't even spill 3 drips. Lol

ColoradoTJ and 15whtrd[QUOTED] like this.
  8. Jun 16, 2018 at 5:40 PM
    Outbound

Outbound SSEM #2.5, Token AmeriCanadian

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Northern Alberta
    Vehicle:
    2022 CrewMax TRD Off Road, MGM of course.
    So I did my oil change and I didn't manage to install the Fumoto valve. When I went to thread it in, it only went 1 - threads, about 1 turn or so. I didn't want to force it and risk stripping the threads on either the valve or the oil pan. The factory drain plug threaded in easily all the way so I just reused that. I verified I had the right valve, 103N, but for some reason it just wouldn't thread in.

I think I'll end up returning the Fumoto to Amazon and may just give up on that idea for now.

That said, with the location of the drain plug on my '05, I would have no issue running a Fumoto. If a rock manages to take it out, I have bigger problems.

ColoradoTJ and Black Wolf like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top