1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

From The Desk of Mike Sweerg

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by Coal Dragger, Sep 7, 2021.

1. Sep 8, 2021 at 12:18 PM
    1lowlife

1lowlife Toxic prick and pavement princess..

Member:
    First Name:
    DADA
    THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DC SR5
    ^ This story is already bullshit..

0rjnegpa_zpscuofg07t_e7c8f0c24a872167cff9a9c1f00131049e8c0a3c.jpg

2. Sep 8, 2021 at 12:19 PM
    Bikeric

Bikeric New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC 5.7
    Blown Engine.....
    Customers want an Electronic Parking brake moved to the center console that engages with a PUSH in order that dogs moving from seat to seat can instantly slow acceleration for their safety.

[​IMG]

Darkness, tttrdpro, Sumo91 and 5 others like this.
  3. Sep 8, 2021 at 12:53 PM
    Coal Dragger

Coal Dragger [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 White Double Cab Limited 5.7L 4X4
    I wanted a faster vehicle so I also bought a Chevy SS... because 4 door sedans with big V8’s are hilarious.
    1lowlife,

Thanks for your positive input regarding your love for chrome trim. There were some spelling and grammar errors in your post, so I took the liberty of correcting them to make your meaning more clear. I will forward this on to the design team for interiors.

Follow up question for you, do you want the dash top in chrome, or the entire dash to include: AC vents, gauge cluster, gauge faces, and switch gear?

Would you be interested in a cosmetic hood scoop shaped trim piece on top of the dash directly in front of the driver?

Thanks again for your input.

Mike Sweerg

Darkness and PermaFrostTRD like this.
  4. Sep 8, 2021 at 1:09 PM
    Coal Dragger

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I wanted a faster vehicle so I also bought a Chevy SS... because 4 door sedans with big V8’s are hilarious.
    Bikeric,

At a minimum I think that can be accomplished in the SR and SR5. Better yet the higher trim levels we could explore a motion sensor that can detect dogs or other pets, and have it send a signal to the ECU to cut power, and signal the automatic pre-collision braking if movement from pets is detected.

Mike Sweerg

5. Sep 8, 2021 at 1:09 PM
    xJuice

xJuice This guy...

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    DFW, TX
    Vehicle:
    '19 MGM DC SR5 4.6 TSS
    TRD Front & Rear Sway Bar, TRD Pro LED Headlights, Undercover SE, Rear diff. Relocate, console organizer, debadged, color matched handles, mirror caps, and grill
    'Sweerg' . . . Is that a joke I don't get?

Tundra234 and Coal Dragger[OP] like this.
  6. Sep 8, 2021 at 1:27 PM
    1lowlife

Member:
    First Name:
    DADA
    THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DC SR5
    Is this the best you can do?
    More bullshit...

https://youtu.be/Q8nbBBbLF4U

7. Sep 8, 2021 at 1:35 PM
    Coal Dragger

Member:
    Vehicle:
    1lowlife,

Thanks again for your positive input for the refresh for the 2040 model year Tundra. This is a new idea you have, but if a customer is enthusiastic about bullshit we will explore ways to incorporate it into the Tundra.

A few questions for you:

1.) Do you want organic bullshit or would a synthetic material that mimics bullshit be acceptable?

2.) Where do you want the bullshit incorporated? As an exterior finish? Maybe a paint color? A trim piece shaped like bullshit? Does a bullshit trim piece need to accurately replicate the color, texture, and fragrance of bullshit (assuming genuine premium bullshit is not used)?

Do you have ideas on bullshit incorporated into the interior?

3.) Are there other types of fecal matter you would like to see used on or in the Tundra?

Your thoughts are appreciated!

Mike Sweerg

8. Sep 8, 2021 at 1:50 PM
    FO LO

FO LO New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 CM w/ 5.7 and 4.30s
    Mike Mike Mike We have missed a massive opportunity to get the price up on top off all the tech and sensors. I need you to figure out how to incorporate as much carbon fiber as possible then color match or chrome plate it all. Make it happen

Coal Dragger[OP] likes this.
  9. Sep 8, 2021 at 2:01 PM
    Coal Dragger

Member:
    Vehicle:
    FO LO,

That is a great idea. Maybe not the actual carbon fiber construction part, but the carbon fiber appliqué and a massive increase in price to go with it. In order to maximize profitability we could explore carbon fiber adhesive finishes on many parts of the Tundra, while charging the customer a price as if the part were in fact made from carbon fiber.

Most of our customers don’t care about the weight savings or strength of a material. As proof look at all of them who sell off their TRD Pro BBS forged aluminum alloy wheels which are quite strong for their weight, and replace them with a larger, heavier wheel made from cheap cast mystery aluminum that is demonstrably lower quality than the OEM wheel. They’d pay a boat load of money extra if we just glued on a carbon fiber appliqué for a wheel package!

You’re a genius.

Mike Sweerg

FO LO, Bikeric and Patch999 like this.
  10. Sep 8, 2021 at 2:08 PM
    Tundra234

Tundra234 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tundra DC SR5 Barcelona
    Alot of them
    I say start the 2022 design all over again or send it over to the Ford look-a-like contest lol. More chrome wanted my A$$ lol.

FO LO likes this.
  11. Sep 8, 2021 at 2:17 PM
    Coal Dragger

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Toondra,

You will be happy to learn that we are using the same vendor as Jaguar/Land Rover for the air suspension in the 2022 Tundra, and a built in feature of the supplier parts is that the rear axle will naturally sag over time as the air bags become less and less capable of holding air pressure. So the "Carolina Squat", as it is called, will be a standard feature about the time the warranty runs out.

For customers that desire this coveted look sooner we may be able to offer an accessory program to the air suspension control module to squat the rear end as desired. We know that most of our customers squat to pee, and would like their truck to reflect them as the owner.

Best Regards,

Mike Sweerg

Toondra[QUOTED] and FO LO like this.
  12. Sep 8, 2021 at 2:21 PM
    1lowlife

Member:
    First Name:
    DADA
    THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DC SR5
    https://youtu.be/JDHvYdi6Bu4

13. Sep 8, 2021 at 2:32 PM
    Bikeric

Bikeric New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC 5.7
    Blown Engine.....
    1: Can the infotainment system be Adobe based?
    2: It could update itself each evening and simultaneously send mileage reports to agencies requesting it for the soon to be adopted Tax/mile purposes.

14. Sep 8, 2021 at 2:57 PM
    FO LO

FO LO New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 CM w/ 5.7 and 4.30s
    carbon fiber wrapping! Outstanding! Let's start with wrapping the transformer soft open/close remote power open/close remote locking/unlocking tailgate. I know we were already at $3k for just the tailgate but this would easily get it up to $4k or $5k

Last edited: Sep 8, 2021
  15. Sep 8, 2021 at 3:35 PM
    Ahab

Ahab New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ahab
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tundra SR5
    I am not sure about everyone but I think that a chrome urinal in a double cab would be a very desirable feature.

Coal Dragger[OP] likes this.
  16. Sep 8, 2021 at 4:36 PM
    1lowlife

Member:
    First Name:
    DADA
    THE GREAT STATE OF TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    2014 MGM DC SR5
    I beg to differ....:monocle:

[​IMG]

MTRock, Black Wolf and Sumo91 like this.
  17. Sep 8, 2021 at 5:12 PM
    Coal Dragger

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Ahab,

Good of you to check in, this idea has merit, and would provide a merchandising opportunity for dealer parts departments to offer genuine Toyota OEM urinal cakes.

Mike Sweerg

Ahab[QUOTED] and empty_lord like this.
  18. Sep 8, 2021 at 6:05 PM
    Coal Dragger

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TBoe1776,

As usual an insightful observation. Engine choices going forward are clearly going to need to be less powerful, at least based on customer feedback. Tundra owners seem to really hate frightening acceleration, anything under an 11 second 0-60 MPH time is terrifying to most of them by their own admission. Tundra owners are serious when they claim to have not bought their truck to drag race.

With those desires in mind we have been exploring 2 different options for future engines aimed at meeting those needs. One small, high feature content, high technology option with an advanced CVT. The other an extremely simple base model engine with no electronics at all, in front of a 3 speed manual. In both cases we plan for displacement to be under 2.4L and cylinder count to be 4 or less. Expect to be gear limited to approximately 55MPH unloaded, and towing speeds to be a blistering 27MPH.

We will also incorporate a 172db alarm and warning strobe lights that will activate any time 52MPH is exceeded, or throttle input exceeds 85% for more than 3 seconds.

Mike Sweerg

TBoe1776 likes this.
  19. Sep 8, 2021 at 6:21 PM
    landphil

landphil Fish are food, not friends!

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    BC, Canada
    Vehicle:
    ‘08 TRD doublecab
    Now yer talkin’
    [​IMG]

Black Wolf, Boerseun, Ahab and 2 others like this.
  20. Sep 8, 2021 at 6:40 PM
    2Tundras

2Tundras New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Vehicle:
    2015 1794 Edition
    [​IMG].........Yeah, baby!

Make it outta gleaming chrome & stainless steel and fold this bad boy out of a Tundra tailgate and U cud sell a 1000.

Black Wolf, Ahab, landphil and 3 others like this.
  21. Sep 8, 2021 at 6:46 PM
    JMB

JMB Not new, just a little old.

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    Chesapeake, VA
    Vehicle:
    2013 Super White Tundra DC
    5100s all around, 295-70-18 Defenders, 1.25 Spidertrax spacers, BD reverse lights, de-badged, interior LEDs, footwell LEDs, reverse LEDs, ARE cap, front receiver hitch for cooler holder, cooler holder/rod rack, backup camera, Kenwood HU, Westin nerf bars, Husky floor liners, folding rear seats, remote battery posts, plastidip grill chrome, Powder coat bumpers.
    Esteemed Mr. Sweerg

I believe you have an alternate solution to the excessive HP and terrifying acceleration that most of us hate. Instead of using your engineering and manufacturing departments to provide a new engine, rely on your sourcing department. There are plenty of small engine builders that make small engines with few parts and a single cylinder, Briggs and Stratton comes to mind. You could source inexpensive engines that would sell at a premium because of the Tundra community's high interest.

As always, thanks for listening to your customers input and trying to put our interests first.

22. Sep 8, 2021 at 6:47 PM
    Coal Dragger

Member:
    Vehicle:
    That is a great idea team. What if we also put a chrome toilet seat on the tailgate as well? This might be very popular with customers who use their Tundra for camping. Plus an owner could take a relaxing bathroom break while also cooking a delicious meal!

Mike Sweerg

Black Wolf, 2Tundras and JMB like this.
  23. Sep 8, 2021 at 6:56 PM
    Coal Dragger

Member:
    Vehicle:
    JMB,

That is an excellent idea and we are exploring that option, the biggest hindrance being a reluctance on to be part of small engine manufacturers to take part in the project.

Honda Power Equipment has no desire to supply a competitor of their parent company in the automotive sector. At least that is the response we received.

Briggs and Stratton, Tecumseh, Cub Cadet, Kawasaki, Toro, and Ariens have also declined based on no confidence in being able to supply an engine capable of meeting emissions, or durability requirements for warranty purposes.

This development has so infuriated Mr. Akio Toyoda that he is vowing to not only develop our own series of air cooled, carbureted, pull start single cylinder engines, but to “crush those insolent vendors in their own markets, and force them to taste the bitter sting of defeat.” Starting in December 25% of Toyota Japan R&D funding will be directed at that project.

Mike Sweerg

tttrdpro, Black Wolf, Ahab and 2 others like this.
  24. Sep 8, 2021 at 8:43 PM
    FO LO

FO LO New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 CM w/ 5.7 and 4.30s
    Lol japan r@d

Meanwhile across the street from the tundra ttv6 engine factory in Huntsville alabama:

tttrdpro, Black Wolf, Ahab and 2 others like this.
  25. Sep 8, 2021 at 9:01 PM
    Dmull1023

Dmull1023 New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 White Tundra Limited TDR OR
    And don't forget about the non-functional chrome snorkel for the new models. Gotta have that while riding on a 48" lift kit including 13" extra wide rims and tires.

26. Sep 8, 2021 at 9:09 PM
    Darkness

Darkness Allergic to white

Member:
    First Name:
    Luis
    All over SoCal
    Vehicle:
    The darkest
    It's really dark
    [​IMG]

27. Sep 8, 2021 at 10:08 PM
    Coal Dragger

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Good news team, we have been able to conduct some consumer focus group testing in Arizona this week on the concept of a chrome plated dash. The focus group found the effect on a bright clear day to be illuminating. They seemed over joyed at the result. Their reactions are below:[​IMG]

Mike Sweerg

Bikeric, PermaFrostTRD, Gravy and 2 others like this.
  28. Sep 8, 2021 at 10:20 PM
    Toyota10s

Toyota10s New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chace
    West Coast
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Crewmax limited Tundra
    Bone stock.
    Who else thinks the profile of the 22 Tundra looks like a Tacoma? That's the most positive thing I can say about it. I've been waiting since 2017 for this new rig and I'm highly disappointed, as I'm sure others are. Looks nothing like the pics that have been released over the summer. And my favorite color isn't available, and probably won't be on the TRDPro either. And with prices so unrealistic I'm not sure what to do. The Chevy and GMC trucks look the best IMO but I don't want to deal with all the problems that come with them. Hopefully, Toyota will require a "refresh" of the Tundra in 2 years and I can dump the wait and see truck until things get back on track.

P.S. I meant to state that these observations are based of the red 22 Tundra pics posted to Instagram over the weekend.

FO LO likes this.
  29. Sep 8, 2021 at 10:22 PM
    Toyota10s

Toyota10s New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chace
    West Coast
    Vehicle:
    2017 Toyota Crewmax limited Tundra
    Bone stock.
    ...don't forget the tranny constantly looking for the right gear, makes the road trips not seem as long.

Black Wolf and Ahab like this.
  30. Sep 9, 2021 at 3:47 AM
    Ahab

Ahab New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ahab
    Vehicle:
    2001 Tundra SR5
    Whoa, calm down, wrong forum dude....check out truckers and fetish forums....

Black Wolf and 1lowlife like this.

Products Discussed in

To Top