1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Exercise and working-out Newbie

Discussion in 'Sports, Hobbies & Interests' started by kenomouth64, Feb 13, 2018.

1. Feb 13, 2018 at 1:29 PM
    Theonlyway

Theonlyway New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    User
    I would start at gmb fitness stuff. Their elements program is a good start and move up. You are probably really tight, rounded shoulders. I would resolve those things first. The 30 day squat challenge also would be a good addition. You just squat down (assisted or not) for however minutes you can at first and add up to 30 minutes over the day for 30 days.

2. Feb 13, 2018 at 1:45 PM
    tomsinamerica

tomsinamerica New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tom
    Wilmington, NC
    Vehicle:
    White 2016 Tundra DC ltd
    I hate to say it but ditch the ice cream. Ditch the M&Ms. small quantity of peanuts OK... sugar, less so. I'd also ditch the dried fruit, tons of sugar, not enough fiber and slow carbs to keep you going.

My general rules are that if it's protein or vegetable, have at it, eat away. I watch carbs and only have enough to fuel me through workouts and i try to avoid sugar at all costs. The last part is hardest for me, i love anything sweet.

Diet advice is tricky though I think, what works for some might not work for others. I've never had to worry about keeping weight or muscle on, i do have to worry about body fat getting too high. I'm 245lbs and anywhere between 14 & 17% Body Fat depending on time of year so what might work for me, may not work for you.

Best diet advice i ever got was that if you're walking down the aisles at the grocery store, you went wrong. Produce, butcher, dairy are all around the outside perimeter.

3. Feb 13, 2018 at 2:52 PM
    bobeast

bobeast really old member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    Hollister, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC
    - Bull Bar - LED Bunny Burners - AMP retractable running boards - Headlight leveling retrofit - P3 Brake Controller - 60% rear seat delete - relocation of Sub to rear wall - Bilstein 5100 x4, top setting with 2 shims per side - Coach builder +2 rear shackles w/carrier bearing drop - Firestone Air bags - on-board compressor with auto-leveling - Dual Undercover Swing Boxes. - P285/65/R20 (34.6") BFG TA KO2's - TRD Front skid plate - Pop & Lock Tailgate lock - Remote Tailgate mod - LED Headlights - Nav Bypass - iPhone integration - Serius/XM retrofit - 25% front tint - Bizon electric tonneau cover - Power folding tow mirror upgrade - 2010+ leveling Headlight mod - Auto-fold mirror mod. - one-touch lane changer mod - Flash to open garage opener mod - Rigid H/L fog light upgrade - Pushbutton / Remote start mod.
    I'm too pretty to work out. That would just cause visual overload.

15Yota likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top