1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Entune radio frozen

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Itchyjuffowup85, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Jan 14, 2019 at 6:18 PM
    Itchyjuffowup85

Itchyjuffowup85 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2014 Black TRD 4X4 5.7L V8
    So update on my radio. As I said before it was toast. Got a refurbed one installed and covered by my extended warranty. I only had to spend $100 for my deductable. Looking at the radio, it looks like they updated it to the most recent update that showed available and I believe they updated my navigation maps. I'm happy with it for now!

2. Jan 14, 2019 at 6:33 PM
    Stumpjumper

Stumpjumper New Member

Member:
    Fate, Tx
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tundra TSS 4x4
    Battery with a dead cell won't jump. When they quit taking a charge they are toast.

driverdog likes this.
  3. Mar 13, 2020 at 10:00 AM
    Buckwheatis1

Buckwheatis1 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Vehicle:
    14' Tundra SR5 TSS
    Grill accent lights Interior accent lights Under carriage light Running board lights Mirror turn signals Full LED retrofit w/ Switchbacks Stock amp replacement and relocate 2-RF P1 10" 4/2 level lift Winjet taillights Handpainted interior badges MODS ARE ONGOING AND NEVER ENDING. IF I THINK IT COOL I DO IT.
    I'm not sure if this has been said yet but, I have found a couple things that have helped me with this issue.
    1. If your phone is connected to the unit for calls and media you choose to only use the media function from your phone. ( Everytime mine froze I would go to the bluetooth settings on my phone and switch the connection media only and the unit unfroze) Once the unit unfreezes you can go turn on the calls function again and it should be fine. I would suggest to leave you bluetooth settings on media only if all you do is listen to music.
    2. Your headunit is basically a computer and can be hard-restarted in the same way. So if your head unit freezes for any reason just push and hold the power button down for a couple of seconds and the unit will restart and no longer be frozen.

If this hasnt already been shared I hope it helps yall avoid a little frustration with these headunits. My '14 SR5 is my second Tundra and when I first got it a few years back it would drive me insane when the radio froze because all I knew to do at the time was to put the truck in neutral going down the road and switch in off and then crank it and put it back in gear. I didn't really figure this stuff out till a couple years ago.

Products Discussed in

To Top