1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Debadging a new Tundra, need advise and encouragement

Discussion in 'Detailing' started by BravoDeltaRomeo, Sep 23, 2019.

1. Oct 8, 2019 at 9:47 PM
    Niceguy

Niceguy New Member

Member:
    This thread encouraged me to get going on some good ‘ole debadgin. Got rid of my chrome Limited badges. It was already pretty sacrilegious that I put on the Tundra and V8 black badge overlays last week, leaving the Limited as the only chrome outcast since Toyota didn’t make a black overlay for that one. Process went smooth. Used the wifeys hair dryer, some waxed dental floss, and Goof Off. Only complaint was the floss kept breaking, so I had to take it easy with the sawing. Didn’t have any fishing line; imagine that would work much better. Oh well, still got the job done. Thanks for all the advice!

BravoDeltaRomeo [OP] likes this.
  2. Oct 8, 2019 at 11:18 PM
    Bust

Bust New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shean
    Vehicle:
    2013 Black Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior
    Are you handy at all? I put on fat Bob garage vated 3" adjustable coilover lift a few months ago. Me and two buddies did it in about an hour. Just needed a few wrenches, sockets and floor jacks. No spring compressor or anything required. Just pull the old shock and coil out and place in the new coilover. The kit does come with a diff drop, I didn't install cause I only lifted 2". Price shipped to me was under $500, best price you can find for adjustable coilovers.

3. Oct 9, 2019 at 3:09 PM
    00PS

00PS New Member

Member:
    Hah! Maybe I just got lucky but as long as I keep the wife’s car clean and good working order, I get to make all the decisions in the garage. Almost married 10 years with 3 kids.

Tchase and BravoDeltaRomeo [OP] like this.
  4. Oct 9, 2019 at 5:23 PM
    AZTundra

AZTundra No Longer a New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Paul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2017 White Crewmax Limited 5.7 FFV
    TRD Goodies (Pro Suspension, Pro Grille, Exhaust, CAI, Rear Sway Bar, Oil Cap). Weather Tech Floormats, BakFlip MX4, Spray In Bedliner, AMP Research Bed Extender and Bed Step, Side Steps, B&W Adjustable Drop Hitch, AJT Designs Battery Hold Down.
    Did you get this corrected yet? It might be just a little leftover from the adhesive. Try taking a small amount of WD40 to it, this will not damage the paint in any way. I think it will come off, then follow it up with a little wax.

Products Discussed in

To Top