1. Welcome to Tundras.com!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tundra discussion topics
    • Transfer over your build thread from a different forum to this one
    • Communicate privately with other Tundra owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Deals to be had on new Tundras??

Discussion in '3rd Gen Tundras (2022+)' started by doughboysigep, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Nov 25, 2021 at 9:15 PM
    ToyoFam

ToyoFam Cotton

Member:
    First Name:
    Kelly
    Decatur, AL
    Vehicle:
    2021 White Tundra TRD Pro
    1st post ever on here... Just purchased a 21' TRD Pro about 3 weeks ago and my local dealer said they had stopped production on them a few weeks prior to that. I feel like I got lucky to find one and pay MSRP (which I would never consider lucky in times past). Had been looking anywhere in the country online and found one on the Southeast Toyota Distributors website, called my local dealer and he said it was reserved for someone but they had literally just backed out of the deal. I stuck my name on it and the truck arrived less than a week later. I had found several TRD Pro's on dealer websites but when I contacted them they either did not actually have the trucks, or said they were pre-sold, some had marked up anywhere from $4000 - $12000 over MSRP.
    To make me feel better about it, I sold my 15' CM 4x4 Limited to one of the online dealers for $1529 more than I paid for it new (out the door price)! Granted it was in very good condition and low miles. I'm not a young man and I've never been able to say that before, that pushed me over the edge to buy/sell.

2. Nov 25, 2021 at 9:22 PM
    Coal Dragger

Coal Dragger New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 White Double Cab Limited 5.7L 4X4
    I wanted a faster vehicle so I also bought a Chevy SS... because 4 door sedans with big V8’s are hilarious.
    Yep.

I’ve been alive long enough to have been in my 20’s during the last bubble. Watched it burst in 2008, and learned what I could from it.

There’s a bunch of 30 year olds who hadn’t even graduated high school when all of that went down. They think a bull market and increasing values on everything is permanent. They’re about to get crushed, at least many of them are. Plenty of others as well who didn’t learn.

The first businesses I hope to see take it right up the ass are car dealers who have been taking advantage of the scarcity and jacking up prices.

sn_85 likes this.
  3. Nov 27, 2021 at 1:34 PM
    NickyF25

NickyF25 New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    SE Pa
    Vehicle:
    2017 Platinum 4x4 Silver Sky-Sold
    Good advice. A lot of people are going to be caught with their pants down when this economy corrects. Too many have blinders to what is going on. Things can and will change very quickly when panic sets in once inflation control measures start… which are inevitable. Cars will be one of the first things people divest of as usual. Will be interesting indeed.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2021
    Patriot likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top